• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder if she'll actually play Jess or if she's gonna play the Original Spider-Woman(which was tied into an Electric Company Spider-Man comic.) If I'm not mistaken she was introduced first, but might not be fully owned by Marvel. Same thing with Web-Man, an evil Spider-Man who had the reverse Red and Blue colors on his suit.

Then again, there's plenty of times where characters aren't voicing someone of the same race.

View attachment 317817

I mean, they already mentioned trying to get Japanese Spider-Man so it's not like that much of a stretch to add in a more obscure spin-off.
reports and all that say she’s indeed playing Jessica Drew. Honestly she deserves this after being underused outside the comics (and was pretty much overshadowed by Ghost-Spider, who’s supposed to have a major role in the movie with Miles)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
original Spider-Woman finally getting a big spotlight y’all
YOOOO info on Spiderverse 2 is welcome in my book!

fun fact:

Someone in the Sonic Community thought it was a good idea to mod this into SA2:

I would like to say this is the worst thing I've found, but HAHAHAHAHAHAHA not even close. :191:
He has his own built in rocking chair!

D

Deleted member

It seems like when I revisit the tournament scene in October (hopefully nothing happens until then), on the subject of mid to lower tier characters versus high to above tier character, I forgotten that much more intuition in situational matches is needed to provide a better outcome. However, it doesn't change the consistency of certain characters being more reliable than others. Tiers aren't something that I confirm to anymore, but I can't help but to acknowledge it. It's a good as time as ever to apply my former chess tournament experience as well. In that time, I liked the idea of providing an estimate of sensing and feeling what was on my opponent's mind, that resulted in winning most of time. Being highly intuitive from my general life, it was painfully appealing and time consuming by applying that to chess, but I should take it a step further applying that to this genre.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So what were the best live action adaptations of animation/video games? Most people look at the bad films, what about the good?
OG Mortal Kombat movie is still fun. So I say that. I know a lot of people dap up the Speed Racer movie too, so maybe check that out.

The newest MK movie is okay, but it really didn't need that random new guy.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I’m gonna put this out there: if Chief gets into Smash, and he has the necessary alts, I want to see Caboose travel through the World of Nintendo. Admit it, that would be great to see.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So what were the best live action adaptations of animation/video games? Most people look at the bad films, what about the good?
I say the Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie rank high up there.

Sure, the story is nothing to write about, but it did so much right that it basically created the Alpha Series & reworked the story and some character to be more similar to how they were portrayed in the movie. (Bison body going from normal buff to LARGE BUFF with cape, Chun-li & Guile partnership, Ken longer hair in the Alpha series being influenced by the movie flashback, etc..)

That and the actions & animations are legitimely great, and everyone feel in-character and some more. (even if some character are very minor roles) Plus whatever ost you go (Western or Original), I say both are great in their own way.

Definitly a must watch if you really like Street Fighter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just finished riding the last ride I had time for today, so now I’m going home.

It was a pretty fun day, I wish I coulda ridden some more rides though.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Sonic Movie was actually great. Like, unironically great: It's a super fun movie.

Detective Pikachu is...Okay. Ryan Reynolds hard carried it, as well as some cleverly placed gags for fans of the games.

The live action Grinch is amazing.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think Sonic is more enjoyable as a movie experience. Detective Pikachu is certainly fun, but I think what I like the most is the accurate representation of what a real Pokémon world would look like.

They kinda just dumped Sonic in the middle of Minnesota, and it was fun, but I want a real Sonic Adventure.

Not that kinda Sonic Adventure.

MooMew64

Okay, I gotta know, what mod is this, and does it change the mechanics for whichever character Wario replaces?
It's a model swap for Knuckles, it doesn't change how he plays, but it does changes his voice to Wario's.

Mod can be found here.

Do keep in mind ya have to be careful on Game Banana: It's a modding site, so...Yeah, comes with the territory, lol.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
It's a model swap for Knuckles, it doesn't change how he plays, but it does changes his voice to Wario's.

Mod can be found here.

Do keep in mind ya have to be careful on Game Banana: It's a modding site, so...Yeah, comes with the territory, lol.
I actually frequent GameBanana for SFM maps. I‘ve found a couple of good ones there.

MooMew64

Sorry I am late. No I have not.
Memes aside, that Sonic is from the Archie Sonic comic's "dark age": The coming was infamous for some of the worst art you'd ever see in the whole Sonic franchise and was basically bad furry fanfic. This was, in huge part, because 'ol Ken Penders was still writing the comic and shoving his weirdness into it at the time.

Then Ian Flynn replaced him and everything immediately improved.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom