• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
alright, there are a lot of people here and i would like to cause a dumpster fire

what are some of y'all's hottest gaming opinions?
  • The majority of the N64's library aged like caca poopoo. The PS1 is much better.
  • Rare was losing it's charm before Microsoft bought them out
  • 2D Sonic > 2D Mario (not much of a hot take imo, at least in comparison)
  • Kirby is mid. Like 20% of the games are above average imo.
  • Dragon Quest > Other Square RPGs
  • StarFox can stay dead
Not much of a hot take, but indie games can be just as good as AAA games.

D

Deleted member

I don’t find incredibly long JRPG’s very entertaining.
i partially agree with this. a lot of RPGs feel super drawn out because they don't actually engage you in the game. certain mechanics also keep you engaged more than others, like paper mario's action commands or hylics 2's ****ing everything. it's less that i dislike long RPGs, it's more that long RPGs usually aren't doing something to keep me interested and because of that i dislike them

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
alright, there are a lot of people here and i would like to cause a dumpster fire

only RPGs I can play are Persona 5 (Strikers counted...tho I need a way to play 3 and 4), Fire Emblem, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Other than that, they don't have my interest

only Zelda games I've ever beaten have been BOTW and Age of Calamity...I'm too stupid for Zelda, but I can get it down now that I'm older and more maturerer

Spider-Man PS4 and Miles Morales > Arkham series

THQ made better WWE games than 2K does

and...Daisy should get married to Luigi since Peach doesn't have the guts to commit to Mario

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hot takes? Sure I’m down, long as a firefight doesn’t break out.

Marth’s English voice over is good.
Kirby Star Allies ain’t perfect by any means, but it‘s far from boring.
Mario 64 really doesn’t have the best control scheme.
A lot of Generation 1’s Pokémon designs are quite bland compared to what we’re receiving nowadays.
Dexit honestly isn’t all that bad. For me personally, ayyy please don’t shoot me

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

1. Sonic Adventure 2 deserves more appreciation in the modern day than what it receives. People have called it overrated for a while, but people have also thrown around that label so much to the point where SA2 is more underrated than overrated. The mech stages are fun cuz shooting up some robots is just fun to do, and the treasure hunting stages aren't too bad overall (later on though, I agree with the criticisms, especially on Mad Space and Meteor Herd).

2. Smash Ultimate, even though it's got great replayability due to the content amount, is not as deep as what it should be and is not far and away the best smash game. Edit: In fact, I will say that it's not the best Smash game in general.

3. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a great game, but despite all of its critical acclaim, I don't think any Zelda game will ever beat Majora's Mask. It's still one of the strongest Zelda games, but I would argue that it's not the best.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
who's the brozo that thought making the Regret song in Persona 5 be such a banger¿

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I am really looking forward to Psychonauts 2.

...Admittedly, I've been looking forward to it for about fifteen years (the original game ended on a cliffhanger), but even moreso now that it's looking like it's almost here.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Dexit wasn't that big of a deal and Pokemon Designs get better with every generation
Breath of the Wild was good but it isn't what I want out of Zelda. definitely not top 5.
Sonic Forces was pretty okay, not great but fun for what it was.
Skyward Sword is one of the best Zelda's
Sonic and the Black Knight is unapologetically good.
Kirby Star Allies is okay. Easy =/= Bad.
Fortnite is good.

These aren't even all that hot this is just what I could think of off the top of my head

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For me personally, Fighting Ex Layer Another Dash will remain as the most preferable 2d fighter of 2021. I should really stay with my favorite fighting games of this generation, because some of my old favorites never resurfaced past the 1990s. I'll decide to not be my usual spread anymore, because sustaining an effort to keep up with most people from most fighting games, is no longer an appealing prerogative anymore.

For anime fighters, I will stay with Smash Ultimate, Arms, and Blade Arcus Rebellion from Shining. I'll buy Blazing Strike and Phantom Breaker Onima when it launches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It’s 2011
You’re nine years old
You’ve recently discovered this weird “Pokémon” series, filled with these crazy looking monsters, and you want in
Conveniently, a new game is coming out
Pokémon Black and White
You beg your mom for weeks to let you get it
On one sunny day in a Target, mom says you and your sisters can all pick out a toy. Cuz you’ve been good
Your sisters run off to the toy aisle, but before you can join them, mom stops you
She already has your gift
She pulls out a copy of Pokémon White
And your Pokémon Journey begins

"It's a beautiful day outside."

"Pidoves are chirping."

"Roselias are blooming."

"On days like this, trainers like you..."

Should be getting lost in the Distortion World.
This is literally where I thought it was going with those first two sentences lmao

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I've seen a lot of "Mario 64 hasn't aged well" takes lately (not just here, I don't mean to call anyone out specifically) and tbh I'm not a big fan of them. I feel like that game needs fairly minimal changes to feel up to snuff with modern games, and some of the older design philosophies and bugs actually make the game more fun imo. Modern games are a lot more shy about letting you break them, and I think I'm willing to trade some wonky controls for that. Or maybe I'm just a boomer idk.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hey, art question:

On a scale of “it’s fine” to “PERISH, HEATHEN” how bad is it to copy and paste the other eye on a drawing where the character is facing the front?

MooMew64

If it won’t mess with perspective or anything, I don’t see why not.
It won’t, he’s facing the front.

This may or may not be what’s gonna eventually become my first Vtuber model. 👀

Thank you for the encouragement, internet opinions on digital art sometimes scare me into not using QoL options in programs ‘cause some people get upetty about them.:191:

MooMew64

Black Knight is okay.

‘Dunno if I’d say good, personally...Probably more on the “It kinda bad” camp, but I like it considerably more than Secret Rings.

Need to play it again, I think.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh, here's more hot takes I guess:
Secret Rings is genuinely the worst Sonic Game ever made for one sole reason: it doesn't work.
Amy's a cool character y'all are mean
Shadow isn't a top 5 Sonic character
Sonic's downhill wasn't with 06, it was when the series tried to become/emulate Mario from Lost World onwards.
Crash 1 sucks.
Wind Waker is better than BoTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom