• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ive never looked into Getter Robo as a franchise, i just know that it's a thing that exist.

I think this game sold me on it though, this unit is the cool and over the top kind of edgy i love it.

duxx

Smash Ace
tts reddit videos are literally the lowest effort videos on youtube, and yet they all get hundreds of thousands of views

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
New MonsterVerse headcanons.

As with Rampage and The Meg. Trollhunter (2010) is part of the MonsterVerse.

TSS (Troll Security Service) is really a branch that was formed by MONARCH in managing trolls from reaching civilian areas. The trolls being titan fauna (Jotnar being classified as a Titan due to its size) having come from the hollow earth having settled in Scandinavia since ancient times.

To relate on this headcanon as well. Given there are pockets connected to the hollow earth, some of those have different environments, hence an environment similar to Scandinavia being suitable from that pocket where the trolls came from.

Also sightings of the Arica Monster in the Atacama Desert was from occasional Death Jackals that came from the hollow earth.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Airship map in Among Us is fun. It's bigger and more spaced out than most of the other maps, and gives the crewmates less travel options, so the Impostors can have a bit of an edge over the Crew if they're decent enough players.

Gives me a reason to play the game again, at least for a while, since I got burnt out on it previously (no thanks to all the toxic people in the playerbase).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just signed up for Gamefly. There's too many games I want to try, but not enough money to try them.

First game I'm going to attempt to rent is New Pokemon Snap. Game looks interesting but I was really unsure about dropping 60 bucks on it.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Random fun fact: Donkey Kong’s Mario Kart 64 appearance marks the debut of his Country series design in the Mario series. Rare even provided the 3D model used for the sprites and promotional materials, compared to the rest of the cast who were most likely modeled in-house.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
With Miitopia on Switch coming soon, I decided to make up my own DLC expansion crossing over with a Streetpass game:
Story
You and your teammates decide to go on vacation to a city called Hobbiville a vibrant city filled with people who are passionate about their hobbies, you and the others go to the city via train as it enters the tunnel with one of teammates feeling that something doesn't seem right. The lights go out and they see someone getting onto the train who appear to be a zombie, they defeat the infected person and find a phone which has a receive call from someone called Dr. Scarlet who says that the entirety of Hobbiville has been overrun with the undead hordes and tells them that they have to find a cure to stop the infection, you and the teammates get off the train finding themselves in a subway station where they are surrounded by zombies with you and others ready to fight off the undead and stop this infection.

New Location
Hobbivile

Regions (In order)
  • Downtown
  • Shopping Mall
  • Uptown
  • Countryside
  • Research Center
Areas
Downtown
  • Subway Station
  • Parking Lot
  • Hospital
  • Back Alley
  • Stadium (Boss: Star Quartersmack, a giant footballer zombie)
Shopping Mall
  • Mall Entrance
  • Mall Walkway
  • Mall Plaza
  • Mall Warehouse
  • Food Court (Boss: Belinda Munch, a large zombie who loves sweet food)
Uptown
  • Construction Site
  • Suburb
  • Highway
  • Gas Station
  • Cornfield (Boss: Bubba & Cleetus, two brothers who are zombie farmers)
Countryside
  • Tunnel
  • Graveyard
  • Power Plant
  • Hydroelectric Dam
  • Reservoir (Boss: Voltoad, a huge undead toad with electric powers)
Research Center
  • Research Center Entrance
  • Laboratory Entrance
  • Laboratory
  • Elevator
  • Rooftop: (Boss: Dr. Physmad, the main antagonist who is Scarlet's father)
Enemies
  • Shambler/Mega Shambler
  • Blockhead/Mega Blockhead
  • Muncher/Mega Muncher
  • Mushy Mosher
  • Putrid Punk/Mega Putrid Punk
  • Dynamike/Mega Dynamike
  • Killawatt/Mega Killawatt
  • Rottie/Mega Rottie
  • Dynamutt/Mega Dynamutt
  • Slimebacker/Mega Slimebacker
  • Zombie Stack
  • Glooper
  • Combustocorn
  • Couple of new zombie enemies maybe?
What do you think?
(Might do another one with Find Mii soon)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
New MonsterVerse headcanons.

As with Rampage and The Meg. Trollhunter (2010) is part of the MonsterVerse.

TSS (Troll Security Service) is really a branch that was formed by MONARCH in managing trolls from reaching civilian areas. The trolls being titan fauna (Jotnar being classified as a Titan due to its size) having come from the hollow earth having settled in Scandinavia since ancient times.

To relate on this headcanon as well. Given there are pockets connected to the hollow earth, some of those have different environments, hence an environment similar to Scandinavia being suitable from that pocket where the trolls came from.

Also sightings of the Arica Monster in the Atacama Desert was from occasional Death Jackals that came from the hollow earth.
Related to this post.

To expand more on my headcanon regarding these pockets connected to tunnels and the main hollow earth. Plenty of these pockets have different environments like where the trolls from Trollhunter came from differing from the main middle of the hollow earth. Among these pockets being tied to the arctic, some of the native creatures which would go on to inspire Inuit mythology notably the akhlut, amarok (A smaller subspecies of Fenrir who is a titan), qallupilluit, tizheruk (titan), etc. as an example.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What's interesting that despite 38 franchises represented via characters, only 5 have more than 3 characters. In fact, only 16 of them have at least two characters, 22 of them only have 1.
Now, if we're excluding legacy characters (characters that don't really have another feasible rep) and new franchise DLC, the franchises with 1 character are:
Metal Gear, Sonic, Pikmin, Mega Man, Yoshi, F-Zero, Wario, Pac-Man, Splatoon, Bayonetta, and Punch Out

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What's interesting that despite 38 franchises represented via characters, only 4 have more than 3 characters. In fact, only 16 of them have at least two characters, 22 of them only have 1.
Now, if we're excluding legacy characters (characters that don't really have another feasible rep) and new franchise DLC, the franchises with 1 character are:
Metal Gear, Sonic, Pikmin, Mega Man, Yoshi, F-Zero, Wario, Pac-Man, Splatoon, Bayonetta, and Punch Out
Okay. As much as I love Bayonetta, I just can’t see who else should be added to the roster. Like... yeah, Rodin and Baldur and the Lumen and Loki are all cool but I just don’t think any of them need to be in smash.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Okay. As much as I love Bayonetta, I just can’t see who else should be added to the roster. Like... yeah, Rodin and Baldur and the Lumen and Loki are all cool but I just don’t think any of them need to be in smash.
Well, that narrows it down to Enzo :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom