• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pokemon Simulator (2021)
finally...a game where Pichu lives long enough to become the villain
Marvel Studios' animated series What If is set to air on Disney+ in August:

I'm still eager to see the following films in which I may have to consider whether I want to get to watch them through premier access:
  • Cruella
  • Black Widow
  • Luca (free)
  • Jungle Cruise
Although it had been confirmed that Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings and Free Guy will have a 45 day exclusive release in theaters before it heads on to Disney+, I'm currently debating whether I should go to watch Shang Chi when it hits cinemas this September even though I should have my second vaccine dose probably within August.
Idk about you, but I just want my pictures of Spider-Man and then Ms. Marvel (all of which after Black Widow of course)

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
If Pokemon's target demographic was actually older, SwSh aka Scourge of the Old Fans wouldn't see this well.

I can see more Pokken like spin-offs that appeal to adult fans but mainline Pokemon is wildly popular among children so there's no reason to risk that. Also... why would Nintendo try and imitate a franchise a lot less successful than Pokemon?
There will always be people suffering from Old World Blues. Its best no to dwell on those kinds of fans.

Because of low birth rates, Nintendo has to keep an eye on demographic trends. If people are having less children or are waiting until later to have children due to economic, social etc, circumstances. You are going to have to follow the money and go with the larger target market. Ignoring such a large adult target market that Pokemon has is a bad business decision.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Vegeta: "Man, Kakarot is strong, yes he is the Super Saiyan. Look at that speed! He's definitely the Super Saiyan! Watch out Frieza, you're dealing with the real Super Saiyan. Kakarot, do be a Super Saiyan, you must harden your heart! Well well Frieza, looks like your finally met your match with the Super Saiyan! Have fun!"

Also Vegeta the very next day when Goku is indeed a Super Saiyan
EminentVainArgentinehornedfrog-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

5450699B-A48D-44D1-8FFE-0DBABED786B9.png

looks like I've found the source of all the ****ty mobile bootleg games

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
To be honest Akira wasn't a very good writer. Vegeta flip flopping is proof of bad character development.
I don't have an exact opinion on Akira Toriyama much. I do know a few things about how he works as he does, like he occasionally tends to forget certain elements regarding Dragon Ball's canon. I'm not really a critical person.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
TPC have no reason to shift to "the older demographic" when Sw/Sh is out here ready to overtake Gold and Silver. I think you'll probably find that a lot of the "older fans" are in fact still fans of the series and don't mind that a kid's franchise is in fact still targeting kids because most adults are actually mature enough to recognise that "being for kids" doesn't mean they have to suddenly stop liking stuff. Those who claim to be done with the series are an extreme minority, and fewer still actually follow through on being done. In fact people who are done probably didn't even announce it on a forum or social media. They just silently moved on which, more of this please, I really don't need to see supposedly grown adults throwing tantrums online anymore.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Idk about you, but I just want my pictures of Spider-Man and then Ms. Marvel (all of which after Black Widow of course)
Depending if Marvel Studios does have a presentation at this year's San Diego Comic-con in July:
  • I would possibly expect them to share new information on their latest MCU and Disney+ shows and possibly a debut trailer for Spider-Man: No Way Home, maybe Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness plus Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel.
  • I also expect them to show a second trailer for Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings to be there.
  • In addition, I expect casting reveals for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and the Fantastic Four plus official confirmation of the cast of Moon Knight.
As for the Eternals, I expect them to show a first trailer within next month.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I don't have an exact opinion on Akira Toriyama much. I do know a few things about how he works as he does, like he occasionally tends to forget certain elements regarding Dragon Ball's canon. I'm not really a critical person.
Dragon Ball was a product of its time. A lightning in the bottle. It came out at the right time and place to be a world phenomenon. But if it came out today it would have not been liked as much and people would be more critical of its writing flaws.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Depending if Marvel Studios does have a presentation at this year's San Diego Comic-con in July:
  • I would possibly expect them to share new information on their latest MCU and Disney+ shows and possibly a debut trailer for Spider-Man: No Way Home, maybe Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness plus Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel.
  • I also expect them to show a second trailer for Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings to be there.
  • In addition, I expect casting reveals for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and the Fantastic Four plus official confirmation of the cast of Moon Knight.
As for the Eternals, I expect them to show a first trailer within next month.
I see nothing from FF until next year, and I'm sure only Sony does the revealing and promotion stuff for Spidey, so I'll probably have to live off of Kamala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom