• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Lamperouge Lamperouge it is a cruel day for us Laid-Back Campers.

They've blocked most of the OST off YouTube.

View attachment 314993

Tried to get an extended version of the main theme on my phone but nope. Even via VPN.
Oh, that's unfortunate. Just another instance of copyright on anime OSTs being a real *****.

I personally haven't really listened to much of the soundtrack besides the two openings and the main theme, though.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Oh, that's unfortunate. Just another instance of copyright on anime OSTs being a real *****.

I personally haven't really listened to much of the soundtrack besides the two openings and the main theme, though.
Yeah. Even tried a lot through VPN but nope. Tried getting them through other places but nope.

**** YouTube. Really wanted to get an extended version of a theme on my phone so I can chill while cycling (I know it's very dangerous but my sight and spatial awareness has always been pretty gifted so I can avoid the worst).

Well got Tamako Market and Cowboy Bebop OPs on my phone at least.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master

osby

Smash Obsessed
I understand not wanting to make a sequel. But porting it? Come on man. Now you’re just being ridiculous. And I hope nintendo goes over your head on this.
Sakurai strikes me as the kind of developer who would rather make a brand new sequel game than a port. The guy's dedicated to making his games stand out from each other and even considers Smash 4's two versions separate games.

As for whether or not it can be done... iirc, Uprising actually was designed to take full advantage of the 3DS' capacities so I imagine it would take some effort.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
They said there's gonna be "many" new games, so it's not really that they're releasing games, but that there's gonna be a lot of them. Which is nice, cause I wouldn't mind a larger list of new games to look forward to.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
They said there's gonna be "many" new games, so it's not really that they're releasing games, but that there's gonna be a lot of them. Which is nice, cause I wouldn't mind a larger list of new games to look forward to.
If they keep releasing bangers like "Calculator" i'd say we're in for a ride.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai strikes me as the kind of developer who would rather make a brand new sequel game than a port. The guy's dedicated to making his games stand out from each other and even considers Smash 4's two versions separate games.

As for whether or not it can be done... iirc, Uprising actually was designed to take full advantage of the 3DS' capacities so I imagine it would take some effort.
I just think it’s rediculous for one man, not a corporation who can be bought, but one man to have that much control over a franchise’s potential continuation.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just think it’s rediculous for one man, not a corporation who can be bought, but one man to have that much control over a franchise’s potential continuation.
I mean, Sakurai is pretty much the reason we're talking about Kid Icarus in the first place.

If Nintendo really wants Uprising on Switch so badly, they might just do it themselves but I don't think it would be the same without the man whose passion carried its revival in the first place.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, Sakurai is pretty much the reason we're talking about Kid Icarus in the first place.

If Nintendo really wants Uprising on Switch so badly, they might just do it themselves but I don't think it would be the same without the man whose passion carried its revival in the first place.
I mean, I don’t really care if his passion carried the project. I’m sure that same level of passion could be supplied by someone who DOESN’T hate the very idea of sequels and ports.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, I don’t really care if his passion carried the project. I’m sure that same level of passion could be supplied by someone who DOESN’T hate the very idea of sequels and ports.
Nobody said he hates sequels, he's done plenty of them.

Don't get why you're getting so heated over a discussion about hypotheticals either, but that's neither here nor there.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nobody said he hates sequels, he's done plenty of them.

Don't get why you're getting so heated over a discussion about hypotheticals either, but that's neither here nor there.
He’s been open about hating making sequels in the past. I just think it’s rediculous to reinvent a series and groom it perfectly into a potential new franchise with a new installment on every system and to not do it because
Yeah, Knives Out was surprisingly fantastic. I hope we get some more of Blanc and evolve the franchise.
Give him his own show on HBO Max goddamnit! Or Netflix whatever....

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm honestly interested in playing a Zelda gake that took place in between the time of OoT and Wind Waker in which there was no Hero at all up to the point where they flooded the entire world.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That feel when you search up the name of a character for a show that you're interested in and "death" follows
Yeah, that's why one of the things that I suggest to people getting into longer series (like One Piece) is "don't Google anything". Even if you're looking up a character's age, autocomplete will likely spoil something major.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, that's why one of the things that I suggest to people getting into longer series (like One Piece) is "don't Google anything". Even if you're looking up a character's age, autocomplete will likely spoil something major.
And if not Google, there’s the wikis...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom