• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean my takes of those franchises could differ from yours but I’m sure we can discuss them more over time. So what were the ideas you had for some of the franchises you wanted in, could you list out the ones you went into detail with?
I think the one I cared the most about was the Dr. Seuss franchise. I had imagined there being a level Pack with the Cat in the Hat, the box of things, and the vehicle he cleans up the house with at the end of the book (forget what it's called) and I imagined there also being packs for The Grinch with his sleigh and Sam I Am with Green Eggs and Ham. I imagined the level being a mashup of a bunch of different Seuss books for a new narrative, though I can't remember if I ever decided on a specific plot. I remember the Cat would have had acrobatic abilities and have been a master builder, the grinch would have been able to access tech pannels and had a drone ability, and Sam.... I can't remember what abilities he would have had but I remember designing a minifigure for him.

I also remember doing a Mega Man story pack. Mega Man would come with Rush, obviously, and would have a portal dressing based off of Wily Castle. It would have been like the Sonic level where it's more of a greatest hits of Mega Man history rather then drawing on one game specifically. Plus it would be the only story pack with 9 levels (8 robot masters and Wily Castle) instead of 6. Mega Man would obviously have had the target ability but his other powers would have been dependent on which robot masters were selected. Though the Metal Blade probably would have been among them, working as a boomerang.

And you know what, let's here more of yours while we're at it. Let's do Universal Monsters next.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think the one I cared the most about was the Dr. Seuss franchise. I had imagined there being a level Pack with the Cat in the Hat, the box of things, and the vehicle he cleans up the house with at the end of the book (forget what it's called) and I imagined there also being packs for The Grinch with his sleigh and Sam I Am with Green Eggs and Ham. I imagined the level being a mashup of a bunch of different Seuss books for a new narrative, though I can't remember if I ever decided on a specific plot. I remember the Cat would have had acrobatic abilities and have been a master builder, the grinch would have been able to access tech pannels and had a drone ability, and Sam.... I can't remember what abilities he would have had but I remember designing a minifigure for him.

I also remember doing a Mega Man story pack. Mega Man would come with Rush, obviously, and would have a portal dressing based off of Wily Castle. It would have been like the Sonic level where it's more of a greatest hits of Mega Man history rather then drawing on one game specifically. Plus it would be the only story pack with 9 levels (8 robot masters and Wily Castle) instead of 6. Mega Man would obviously have had the target ability but his other powers would have been dependent on which robot masters were selected. Though the Metal Blade probably would have been among them, working as a boomerang.

And you know what, let's here more of yours while we're at it. Let's do Universal Monsters next.
Man, they could base Green Eggs and Ham stuff off the Netflix show if it was made nowadays

I like how you have Metal Blade as the Boomerang ability instead of like the actual Boomerang ability from that game. Maybe you could have that destroy Silver LEGO blocks or something.

Anyways Universal Monsters...

Dracula and Frankenstein's Monster Team Pack
Dracula
Abilities: Acrobat, Fly and Sonar Smash (Bat), Stealth, Cracked LEGO Walls, Super Strength Handles, Mind Control, Drone Maze (Rat), Vent Access,
Vehicle: Dracula’s Coach
Frankenstein’s Monster
Abilities: Cracked LEGO Walls, Super Strength Handles, Electricity,
Vehicle: Operating Table?

Gill-Man (Creature from the Black Lagoon) Fun Pack
Abilities: Dive, Cracked LEGO Walls, Super Strength Handles, Hazard Protection, Vine Cut, Heart Regen
Vehicle: The Rita (Boat)

The overworld would encompass many of the classic Universal movies down to it being entirely in black & white

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man, they could base Green Eggs and Ham stuff off the Netflix show if it was made nowadays

I like how you have Metal Blade as the Boomerang ability instead of like the actual Boomerang ability from that game. Maybe you could have that destroy Silver LEGO blocks or something.

Anyways Universal Monsters...

Dracula and Frankenstein's Monster Team Pack
Dracula
Abilities: Acrobat, Fly and Sonar Smash (Bat), Stealth, Cracked LEGO Walls, Super Strength Handles, Mind Control, Drone Maze (Rat), Vent Access,
Vehicle: Dracula’s Coach
Frankenstein’s Monster
Abilities: Cracked LEGO Walls, Super Strength Handles, Electricity,
Vehicle: Operating Table?

Gill-Man (Creature from the Black Lagoon) Fun Pack
Abilities: Dive, Cracked LEGO Walls, Super Strength Handles, Hazard Protection, Vine Cut, Heart Regen
Vehicle: The Rita (Boat)

The overworld would encompass many of the classic Universal movies down to it being entirely in black & white
Strange no Wolfman or Mummy

And the Crash Bomber would obviously destroy silver blocks.

What about.... Steven Universe.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Strange no Wolfman or Mummy

And the Crash Bomber would obviously destroy silver blocks.

What about.... Steven Universe.
Well I had RL Stine transform into a Werewolf and I had trouble thinking of Mummy’s abilities and builds for both.

Fair enough, I’m sure Metal Blade could have a secondary use that doesn’t overlap with others.

Steven Level Pack
Abilities: Boomerang, Laser Deflector, Mini Access, Cracked LEGO Walls, Super Strength Handles, Gyrosphere Switch, Fix-It, Mind Control,
Unlocked in story:
Connie: Sword Switch, Intelligence, Mini Access, Acrobat
Potentially fusing with Steven:
Stevonnie: Boomerang, Laser Deflector, Sword Switch, Cracked LEGO Walls, Super Strength Handles, Acrobat,
Vehicle: Lion
Gadget: Laser Light Cannon

His story would involve him and the Crystal Gems find and try to fix a broken Keystone when Steven gets sucked inside and gets teleported to different areas and times in his past adventures trying to get back to the Gems

Garnet Fun Pack
Abilities: Target, Laser Deflector, Electricity, Cracked LEGO Walls, Hazard Protection, Dive, Future Vision,
Vehicle: Roaming Eye

Pearl and Amethyst Team Pack
Amethyst

Abilities: Grapple, Cracked LEGO Walls, Super Strength Handles, Mini Access,Transformation Wheel-(Purple Puma-Big Transform), (Helicopter), (Shark-Dive), (Wolf-Tracking, Dig) (Cat-Drone Maze), (Ball-Gyrosphere Switch), (Dumb Police-Water Spray)
Vehicle: Mr. Universe Van
Pearl
Abilities: Acrobat, Technology, Fix-It, Target, Illumination, Pole Vault, Intelligence,Sword Switch, Hacking,
Vehicle: Escape Pod/Gem Drill
(The Crystal Gems would also regenerate between their regeneration outfits after losing their health similar to the Doctor)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well I had RL Stine transform into a Werewolf and I had trouble thinking of Mummy’s abilities and builds for both.

Fair enough, I’m sure Metal Blade could have a secondary use that doesn’t overlap with others.

Steven Level Pack
Abilities: Boomerang, Laser Deflector, Mini Access, Cracked LEGO Walls, Super Strength Handles, Gyrosphere Switch, Fix-It, Mind Control,
Unlocked in story:
Connie: Sword Switch, Intelligence, Mini Access, Acrobat
Potentially fusing with Steven:
Stevonnie: Boomerang, Laser Deflector, Sword Switch, Cracked LEGO Walls, Super Strength Handles, Acrobat,
Vehicle: Lion
Gadget: Laser Light Cannon

His story would involve him and the Crystal Gems find and try to fix a broken Keystone when Steven gets sucked inside and gets teleported to different areas and times in his past adventures trying to get back to the Gems

Garnet Fun Pack
Abilities: Target, Laser Deflector, Electricity, Cracked LEGO Walls, Hazard Protection, Dive, Future Vision,
Vehicle: Roaming Eye

Pearl and Amethyst Team Pack
Amethyst

Abilities: Grapple, Cracked LEGO Walls, Super Strength Handles, Mini Access,Transformation Wheel-(Purple Puma-Big Transform), (Helicopter), (Shark-Dive), (Wolf-Tracking, Dig) (Cat-Drone Maze), (Ball-Gyrosphere Switch), (Dumb Police-Water Spray)
Vehicle: Mr. Universe Van
Pearl
Abilities: Acrobat, Technology, Fix-It, Target, Illumination, Pole Vault, Intelligence,Sword Switch, Hacking,
Vehicle: Escape Pod/Gem Drill
(The Crystal Gems would also regenerate between their regeneration outfits after losing their health similar to the Doctor)
Can the other gems fuse with Steven?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Can the other gems fuse with Steven?
Well I do think the other gems would fuse with each other at least, just didn’t have the other fusions fleshed out yet, keep in mind this was made years ago while the show was still ongoing and hadn’t reached the point where Steven could fuse with the others. I think this might’ve been before they introduced Bismuth

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well I do think the other gems would fuse with each other at least, just didn’t have the other fusions fleshed out yet, keep in mind this was made years ago while the show was still ongoing and hadn’t reached the point where Steven could fuse with the others. I think this might’ve been before they introduced Bismuth
oh right, lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
All this stuff I wrote out was when the game was still ongoing, so like 2016-2017
I remember doing a Crash level pack right when the N. Sane Trilogy had first came out. Came with Polar as a vehicle and Aku Aku as a gadget. Crash would have been able to do acrobatics and activate spinjitzu switches, as well as target with the fruit bazooka and fly with the jetpack.

I also had a set of stuff based around Skylanders (for the hell of it). It was one of this new type of pack I had come up with called a Trio pack, basically a Level Pack and a Team pack in one. Three characters, two vehicles or gadgets, and a new story level. The level being about LEGO Chaos incorporating the keystones into his existing portal tech. The trio pack would have had the level, Spyro, Stealth Elf, and Eruptor (Skylanders Academy was pretty new then), Eruptor's Burn-Cycle, and Stealth Elf's Stealth Stinger. Then there would have been fun packs with Pop Fizz and the Soda Skimmer and Jet-Vac and the Jet Stream. I don't remember what abilities I gave those characters though.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I remember doing a Crash level pack right when the N. Sane Trilogy had first came out. Came with Polar as a vehicle and Aku Aku as a gadget. Crash would have been able to do acrobatics and activate spinjitzu switches, as well as target with the fruit bazooka and fly with the jetpack.

I also had a set of stuff based around Skylanders (for the hell of it). It was one of this new type of pack I had come up with called a Trio pack, basically a Level Pack and a Team pack in one. Three characters, two vehicles or gadgets, and a new story level. The level being about LEGO Chaos incorporating the keystones into his existing portal tech. The trio pack would have had the level, Spyro, Stealth Elf, and Eruptor (Skylanders Academy was pretty new then), Eruptor's Burn-Cycle, and Stealth Elf's Stealth Stinger. Then there would have been fun packs with Pop Fizz and the Soda Skimmer and Jet-Vac and the Jet Stream. I don't remember what abilities I gave those characters though.
Man, the irony of Dimensions having Skylanders packs

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So a few things:

First, if you have a Steam Account, GetsuFumaDen Undying Moon is entering Early Access starting tomorrow. In case you forgot it’s that Castlevania Sister Series that’s getting a new game after 30 years. It’s a Metroidvania Rogue-lite and it was easily the highlight of that Indie Showcase. Definitely want this series to get the attention it deserves so I implore you to check it out.

Secondly, I FINALLY got around to watching Castlevania Season 3 on Netflix and WOAH that was a wild ride. It was rather odd and I think certain storylines were better than others. Namely Isaac’s and Trevor’s storyline were quite a bit better than Hector’s and Alucard’s. The last two episodes were INCREDIBLE I’m shocked by some of the insane Animation Prowess that’s presented in those last two. Yeah, certain parts are quite odd but it does show each characters arc coming to fruition from the first episode and that’s nice. Super excited to see how Season 4 goes.

Lastly, it took me THIS LONG to realize that the show follows the “4th route” of Castlevania III. In Castlevania III you could pick 2 main routes with slight deviations if you avoid Grant DaNasty, but route 1 you get DaNasty and then Sypha, Route 2 you get DaNasty and then Alucard, Route 3 is the hardest one but you still get DaNasty and then Alucard. Which means the shows premise of Sypha and Alucard being Trevor’s two companions is impossible in Castlevania III. Meaning Castlevania the show is actually the impossible 4th route where you would get Sypha and Alucard. And as a Castlevania nerd I just think that’s pretty cool.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just realized something...what if Goro Akechi-Kun decided to leak out the identities of the Phantom Thieves ala MCU Mysterio? That would've been a massive flex to pull

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Having learned nothing from the pain and suffering hunting for Shiny Giratina caused me, I decided to start my next shiny hunt.

I actually hunted for one of these little guys in ORAS using the dexnav chaining but gave up partway through. This time I'm trying the Masuda Method. Wish me luck.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Y'know how earlier I sort of forced some water into my ear today? It goes much deeper than that.

I tried drying it out with some q-tips, but I was going at it so hard that I started bleeding on the inside of my ear. My mom then recommended alcohol to help dry it out, and I learned (painfully) that isopropyl alcohol isn't quite as good an option when there's an open wound in the flooded area. I really, really went full-out bonehead today.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I made it to the point in Super Robot wars T's plot where the story splits into two as the party splits up and the player has to pick which side to actually playthrough, one side has all the party members ive grown to like, Captain Harlock, Cowboy Bebop, GunSword, Getter Robo and Crossbone Gundam. The other one has all the cool Takara transforming robot characters and the other Gundam characters.

I made two save games just to see the two splits.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm surprised that Alcina Dimitrescu hasn't been analyzed even further by Capcom and...other people...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m really nervous. Someone left the gas on our stove on. And I could smell it from the second floor. I don’t know how long it was on. And my sister has a pet bird on the first floor. I’m worried about it but I can’t check on it because I have ornithophobia and even though I’m worried about it I can’t get near the cage. I’m also the only person in the house who is currently awake. I texted my sister but she’ll sleep through anything. And if I text my parents, while they will wake up, they will also be pissed at me. What do I do?

Shroob

Sup?
I’m really nervous. Someone left the gas on our stove on. And I could smell it from the second floor. I don’t know how long it was on. And my sister has a pet bird on the first floor. I’m worried about it but I can’t check on it because I have ornithophobia and even though I’m worried about it I can’t get near the cage. I’m also the only person in the house who is currently awake. I texted my sister but she’ll sleep through anything. And if I text my parents, while they will wake up, they will also be pissed at me. What do I do?
Have you tried calling your sister instead of texting her?

Or you could go turn the stove off.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Maybe you can try and see if it's OK without getting near the cage?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
As a bird owner, this is a horrifying situation. Since you've turned off the stove, I'd highly recommend opening some windows and turning on any ceiling fans nearby to air out the house. I'm zealous in keeping my house a safe haven for mine, especially after she flew out of the house two years ago.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As a bird owner, this is a horrifying situation. Since you've turned off the stove, I'd highly recommend opening some windows and turning on any ceiling fans nearby to air out the house. I'm zealous in keeping my house a safe haven for mine, especially after she flew out of the house two years ago.
Well it gets pretty cold here at night and it’s a sun Conure so I don’t want the little bugger freezing to death. But there are some fans I can turn on so I will go do that.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Well it gets pretty cold here at night and it’s a sun Conure so I don’t want the little bugger freezing to death. But there are some fans I can turn on so I will go do that.
You can leave the windows cracked for a few minutes if that's a concern. Just wait until the gas smell goes away, and you can shut them back up.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. I can already barely smell it. So we should be good. I hope. I’ve done all I can. If it’s dead... well.... my sister will have had a really rough day considering she also crashed her car this morning.
You can leave the windows cracked for a few minutes if that's a concern. Just wait until the gas smell goes away, and you can shut them back up.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This feels like kind of a bad time for this but...

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Well that was surprisingly painless.

Now to think of a nickname for it.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Little update have been released for Omori, but alas, I still cannot try out the new boss battle.

Sadness.

To drown my sorrow, I decided to gamble all the money I had left in the Last Resort....and I lost all of it.

PROFOUND Sadness.

At least, I did find out that the cookie that Mari give you when you finish the Boss Rush increase all of your stats by 10!....shame it has no use now.

I also found out this.

But I haven't been able to find the sprite in-game.

But yeah, if anyone can help me with that boss Snaley, I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom