• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
IIIIIIIIN the red corner!

duxx duxx
Coming in at 22 lbs (not counting the duck) he’s staked his claim as the one true king of Duck Hunt mains. Easily disposing of opponents with his overlooked character of choice. Hobbies include tinkering with explosives and laughing at others misfortune.

In the blue corner!

Noipoi Noipoi
The master of awkwardness, the maestro of ****posts, Noistradamus Q. Poi is ready to rumble. At 206 pounds (none of which is from his brain) this self proclaimed Pokémon Master is always devoting 98% of his cognitive functions to memorize useless pocket monsters Trivia. His final attack is drawing himself doing your mom. It’s got a 70% chance to critical hit, with harsh recoil damage.

This one’s personal folks. Duxx and Noi have a long and troubled history. I won’t lie, one of them may not make it out alive.

FIGHT
That Noipoi dork has absolutely zero knowledge of true comedy and can't go a minute without wetting himself over virtual monsters and puzzle pieces.

Duck Hunt dude has this in the bag, sorry.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyway...

Who are you picking?
Personally?

Crash Bandicoot or Waluigi.

Shout outs to Master Chief, Rayman, Toxtricity, and Sol Badguy.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Right ****'s heating up.

We need a streaker running into the fight here. Or someone to rugby tackle everyone.

Whatever is more entertaining.

Also, we need a new poll here.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

osby osby , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

I played some more Omori, and I need to talk about some stuff, otherwise I won't sleep well tonight.

Here we go

Like promised, I went in The Abyss, the deepest level of Headspace & closest place to Black Space.

Inside reside many Something creatures, and the area is pretty a maze, albeit a short all things considered.

One of the most noteworthy thing I went to talk is this:
Screen Shot 05-06-21 at 08.43 PM.PNG
See this skeleton? Well, if you talk to it....the name "Aubrey?" apparear and she say one thing, mentionning Omori name before stopping talking. Talking to her again will mention it's not alive.

I forgot to take a screenshot of this line of dialogue, and here, i'm going to ask IF, big IF you could somehow find the piece of dialogue she just said, that would rest my mind alot.

It's a VERY minor detail, but just hearing that line alongside "Aubrey?" just...shocked me on the moment. Like we already know that headspace gang get reborn with each cycle, but this piece of dialogue really show that it's more new version of the gang are created, while the old left are left to rot in whatever place they died. And if piece of dialogue with some NPC like the Stranger, the voice of the Deeper Well & Daddy Longlegs are any indications. While they're more shallow/one note/dream version version of the gang, they & the habitant of Headspace in general have a soul of sort, and yet, in a way, they're all pawn for Omori enjoyment and to distract himself for the truth he try so hard to hide, even though it's ultimaly pointless...

You know this game got to me when one line of dialogue can make me feel sad/speculate like crazy, but that's Omori for ya.

Regardless, we advance, and finally find...Abbi, The Traitor, formerly the Wisest, now banished & her intelligence all but removed.

I don't feel like talking too much abotu the actual battle. Mostly because like the fight before it, the hardest part is at the beginning when no debuff/buff are put, but I did know to use item that change the emotion of the whole group to remove the Afraid statue this time, so yeah for me.

Omori's Something Skills (especially Vertigo) & Hero Gator Aid really make this battle easy too, so if you want some challenge, perhaps don't use Omori new skills in the Omori Route. Otherwise, I won't spoil much about the actual battle.

Instead, I want to talk about ABBI herself. Like the previous Headspace version of the gang, and despite knowing so little about her up until that point. Seeing her beg for forgiveness to the person who rejected her help & banished her here, devoided of all joy and barely able to talk. Just hurt me so badly, the fact that you can kill her is the cherry on top of this mysery cake, but thankfully, there's more to good to spare her than not, as leaving her live allow you to get some of the best weapons/equipement in the game by talking ot her tentacles. Still, it's just plain depressing to see her like this, as she still care about Sunny well being, yet she can't remember why she was put in this place, and ultimaly, she's too far gone to be saved....

God.....and i'm not even finished.

After sparing her, you can go on the right far of the room and access to the Weathervane Area. Another place in Black Space 2.

Featuring this music which apparear quite often in Black Space room
While Omori OST is filled with bangers & bangers, tearjerker and music that make you feel uncomfortable. This piece in particular as stuck in my mind alot, due to how frequently it's used yeah, but also because at how....calm, comforting, nostalgic & hollow it feel. Like the past is but a long distant memory, yet we're unable to let it go...

To break up all this existential crisis, here's a picture of Kel
Screen Shot 05-06-21 at 09.06 PM.PNG
He & the others take weird form in this room, but hey, atleast he look funny.

Note that there's two location you can go via this room. One being what could be described as a "long walk in a world filled with nothing but water" and what seem like a infinite looping room...until you see this.
Screen Shot 05-06-21 at 09.12 PM.PNG
Which is apparantly described as "MOM" in the file, meaning this is the only time in the game we get to see how she look like.

Of course, it isn't the real deal, and not being in her vision cause her to melt. Which I won't show here....or the "thing" you can find by opening the door enough time. I won't ruin your day, unlike mine.

And with that all said....we finally went out of the Abyss & explored the world to get all the ultimate weapons, before we face the last two challenge of the game: The Boss Rush & PerfectHeart. (I also reached level 50 & got some healing items at Dino Dig)

But yeah....this is almost the end of this journey for me.

Omori is a game that has made me feel so many type of emotions, good or bad, joy, sadness or fear, it made me questions alot about myself, and honestly, Black Space especially as made me afraid about some parts of me, as the imagery & themes of the game really hit me hard & as you can see, it still find way to hit me deeply

Writting those posts for you two allowed me to release some of those thoughts out of my head though, and while we don't talk alot (those posts are really long, so I don't blame you for not always speaking back), the few time we do, I really appreciate it. As it make me feel less alone in way, plus it allow you to not have to look up those imagery that might disturb you more if you played for yourself, so if those posts helped with that, i'm really glad to hear.

Yet...unless something big happen related to new content for Omori. My part will be soon done, and we will just have to wait & see what happen next.

It's late here, i'm tired and idk if i'm just sounding melodramatic at this point (this is like such a 180 compared to the previous post, god what is wrong with me), plus writting those posts are sometime a pain in the ass due to how my brain work & I feel like I already said those things before, but..

If you ever play the Omori Route for yourself, I like to hear your thoughts on it.

You don't have to write big ass post like me. If anything, stay truth to yourself and write as small or big as needed, and don't force yourself to write if you REALLY don't want to, but know if you did, so long you talk me, I really like to see what you think.

Playing the Omori Route really made me want to replay the Sunny Route, if only because I know that, despite all the hardship the character face & some of the tiring moments here and there. Seeing those characters able to face their hardship and move on with their life instead of being stuck in a pretty shallow dream that will never really be a replacement for the real thing, as given me a new look on Omori story as a whole, and if I ever replay it in the future. I know I will do it from the very start and make sure to 100% Faraway Town this time around.

When you play it, I hope you can have this new persective as well, but until then...Thanks for reading to the end.
Post is really long again and I get quite serious toward the end (tho really i'm just quite drained emotionally lol), so be warned. While i'm going to sleep after this, if you got something to say, make sure to say it & I read it when i'm back.

Til then, have a good night ya all.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Anyway...

Who are you picking?
Crash would be my top 3rd party pick. We got Microsoft with Banjo and Steve, why not rep the (kinda) Playstation side with Crash? If not him, Maxwell from Scribblenaits would be next in line.

For Nintendo, Isaac. Golden Sun is a good game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Crash would be my top 3rd party pick. We got Microsoft with Banjo and Steve, why not rep the (kinda) Playstation side with Crash? If not him, Maxwell from Scribblenaits would be next in line.

For Nintendo, Isaac. Golden Sun is a good game.
Okay. This isn't exactly real, by the way, just a hypothetical scenario from someone.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
AndreaAC AndreaAC

Looks like it’s not just me. There was also another poll I participated in where people vastly preferred the parkour of Unity and Syndicate than any other era and it’s crazy that everyone’s tastes are literally lining up side by side with mine. Makes me feel vindicated xD
xD It's honestly GREAT to see people agreeing in something that is pretty clear lately with the current generation of games...that the lost what made them what they were back then, either the story (that from AC1 to Unity seemed to be more cohesive? consistent? And now it's just confusing, or at least more than it should) or mechanics. I have been seeing a lot of Valhalla reviews and they go to the same conclusion, that it's entertaining at the start (like the first 5 hours or so), but the way they current games get dragged on for ridiculous amounts of time doesn't help in the slightest, but you know, gotta make people get freaking tired so they wanna buy **** to be able to progress).

xD Also when it comes to the Parkour, I have heard plenty of times too that Unity had the best one by far. I unfortunately didn't play much of Unity outside of the Memories of Versailles so I cannot say personally. I did want to play for longer just to find Shay's outfit at the very least and see the places he saw in his time in Paris but holy crap, even at the lowest settings my computer wanted to burn...I might try that out next winter if my house is enough of a freezer and when I get my laptop cleaned up from dust.

1dd.png

But at the very least I got what I wanted, which was for my "absolute baby" (x'D That still cracks me up despite being so true) to look awkward.
Assassin's Creed® Rogue2021-2-11-20-47-54[13480].jpg

x'D Also, 10/10 spellcheck from Ubisoft.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Y’know I’ve been thinking, FP2 May end up half third party half first party. Which is interesting.

The next one is at e3, and is almost definitely third party. And the final character, usually being lame as **** lowkey, could be first party. But which first party, I’m wondering. They already used their token Fire Emblem, and their token Pokémon,

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Why single him out? He was answering the question just like everyone else lmao
Sorry, I felt I had to find someone to respond to, but I was not trying to single him out. That news was for everyone here. Not just him.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Sorry, I felt I had to find someone to respond to, but I was not trying to single him out. That news was for everyone here. Not just him.
Okay.

Still a bit of a pointless update since it was obviously a hypothetical situation as we hold no power over who gets in at this point.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The one big thing I’m going to miss most from Toys for Bob is their Animation Prowess. It’s not easy to make an animated quadruped character look as good as Spyro does and they even nailed Crash in Crash 4. The animation in those games are beautiful.

playing their games is like playing a Pixar movie. I think the new Ratchet games and Mario Odyssey even come close to Toys for Bob.

Noipoi

Howdy!

The one big thing I’m going to miss most from Toys for Bob is their Animation Prowess. It’s not easy to make an animated quadruped character look as good as Spyro does and they even nailed Crash in Crash 4. The animation in those games are beautiful.

playing their games is like playing a Pixar movie. I think the new Ratchet games and Mario Odyssey even come close to Toys for Bob.
Crash 4 may have my favorite artstyle in any game, honestly. And the animation as you said, is incredible.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You do know there's been a gen and two additional rounds of inclusion since then, though, right?
I absolutely know. I keep up with Pokémon more than anyone would think is healthy.

I’m positive a gen 8 Pokémon was on the list of candidates Nintendo sent Sakurai, there’s no way that’s not the case. But would Sakurai want to do a second Pokémon for Ultimate? I’m not sure.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
xD It's honestly GREAT to see people agreeing in something that is pretty clear lately with the current generation of games...that the lost what made them what they were back then, either the story (that from AC1 to Unity seemed to be more cohesive? consistent? And now it's just confusing, or at least more than it should) or mechanics. I have been seeing a lot of Valhalla reviews and they go to the same conclusion, that it's entertaining at the start (like the first 5 hours or so), but the way they current games get dragged on for ridiculous amounts of time doesn't help in the slightest, but you know, gotta make people get freaking tired so they wanna buy **** to be able to progress).

xD Also when it comes to the Parkour, I have heard plenty of times too that Unity had the best one by far. I unfortunately didn't play much of Unity outside of the Memories of Versailles so I cannot say personally. I did want to play for longer just to find Shay's outfit at the very least and see the places he saw in his time in Paris but holy crap, even at the lowest settings my computer wanted to burn...I might try that out next winter if my house is enough of a freezer and when I get my laptop cleaned up from dust.

View attachment 314089
But at the very least I got what I wanted, which was for my "absolute baby" (x'D That still cracks me up despite being so true) to look awkward.
View attachment 314090
x'D Also, 10/10 spellcheck from Ubisoft.
Yeah the Arno outfit in an older game is just all around strange. But yeah Unity was without a doubt WAY ahead of its time. They apparently spent a lot of development time working out the parkour system which is one reason the game launched infamously buggy. Apparently it’s one hundred percent fixed now and even has a 4K 60FPS boost on Series X which is insane to me And yeah Shay’s costume in Unity is one of my favorites in the whole but I’m sure I don’t need to tell you that again for what the 16th time? Lol

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeah the Arno outfit in an older game is just all around strange.
x'D That is why I can easily picture Shay hating wearing that with a passion, just because he imagines Charles Dorian rolling in his grave out of laughter.

But yeah Unity was without a doubt WAY ahead of its time. They apparently spent a lot of development time working out the parkour system which is one reason the game launched infamously buggy. Apparently it’s one hundred percent fixed now and even has a 4K 60FPS boost on Series X which is insane to me
O-O WOW!...I did hear something like that, though many people will miss the funny bugs, including myself after seeing compilations of those that had me in stitches. xD

And yeah Shay’s costume in Unity is one of my favorites in the whole but I’m sure I don’t need to tell you that again for what the 16th time? Lol
:D........UHHHHH....Did you really tell me that, before? x'D I DON'T remember! I think I have told you a millionth times how much I love Shay more than you have told me that you liked his Outfit in Unity!

XD Oh I forgot, I saw an interview regarding Unity where the devs said that just to make Arno crouch, they had to do so much coding that it wasn't even funny!

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Y’know I’ve been thinking, FP2 May end up half third party half first party. Which is interesting.

The next one is at e3, and is almost definitely third party. And the final character, usually being lame as **** lowkey, could be first party. But which first party, I’m wondering. They already used their token Fire Emblem, and their token Pokémon,
Ah, but no Pokemon for DLC.

And SwSh Spirit event lacked the starter final evos, or any other Pokemon people actually care about.

Y'all know what I'm gettin' at here...

itistime.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ah, but no Pokemon for DLC.

And SwSh Spirit event lacked the starter final evos, or any other Pokemon people actually care about.

Y'all know what I'm gettin' at here...

As long as we avoid calling the inevitable fandom whining the “Cinderace Riots”

It just doesn’t sound right :nifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom