• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don’t think we have to go into the Amber Heard thing but yeah, WB is very picky choosey about who they keep on board and it’s super sketchy.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm doing this.............................for anime.

Seriously though still pissed about a few years back on that.
Something happen?
Nothing of value would be lost if it died off.

Just a bunch of pretensious a-holes patting themselves on the back to a public audience.
I mean, you should get rewarded for exceptional work.

Too bad they have egos the size of the moon with their tone deaf speeches.

D

Deleted member

The Oscars are dying.

Like this post to make it die faster
I've never really seen the point in giving big AAA projects awards tbh. I guess it's basically free advertising to most companies, but if I'm gonna play a game or watch a movie, it having won a few awards isn't going to be the deciding factor for me.

That's not to say that I hate the very notion of a game or the like getting awards, it's just never been super interesting to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The way the Earth Titan says Zeus makes me laugh for some reason
I hate that this entire scene was cut from Kingdom hearts.

Though i feel like Square referenced it by having Hercules tell Hades after Sora defeats the titans "Hades, the exit is that way"

osby

Smash Obsessed
I've never really seen the point in giving big AAA projects awards tbh. I guess it's basically free advertising to most companies, but if I'm gonna play a game or watch a movie, it having won a few awards isn't going to be the deciding factor for me.
Well, it is a deciding factor for a lot of people. My folks usually prefer going into Oscar-nominated movies, for example, and any kind of big award allows the work to reach a wider audience.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Nothing of value would be lost if it died off.

Just a bunch of pretensious a-holes patting themselves on the back to a public audience.
Nothing like seeing pompous ****s all dressed up fine and dandy while owning their private island and all that. Distribution of wealth is ****.

It's it funny that if I had all that money they had I would use it for something small but stupid?

Something happen?
A few times when anime should have been there or won IMO. Biggest example being when this one film didn't even get nominated for best animated:

1619548798723.png

A story of bullying and redemption by one of the best animation studios in Japan gets beaten by this for nomination:

1619548925534.png

Which the only selling point is Alec Baldwin voicing a kid in a business suit.
To be fair the only time you'll see that is when you see wee five year old Timmy at his grandad's funeral. That is it. When I realised it was all a rigged piece of ****.

Seriously though all of you really need to watch A Silent Voice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, it is a deciding factor for a lot of people. My folks usually prefer going into Oscar-nominated movies and any kind of big award allows the work to reach a wider audience.
For me, it's more of just a side thing. If a game or movie got a few awards, that usually means, at the bare minimum, a decent portion of people enjoyed it. But I don't use it as the sole reason to decide what content to consume. I let the content speak for itself. It's honestly the last thing I consider when I decide if I want to play a game or watch a movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Nothing like seeing pompous *s all dressed up fine and dandy while owning their private island and all that. Distribution of wealth is *.

It's it funny that if I had all that money they had I would use it for something small but stupid?

A few times when anime should have been there or won IMO. Biggest example being when this one film didn't even get nominated for best animated:

View attachment 312963
A story of bullying and redemption by one of the best animation studios in Japan gets beaten by this for nomination:

View attachment 312964

To be fair the only time you'll see that is when you see wee five year old Timmy at his grandad's funeral. That is it. When I realised it was all a rigged piece of ****.

If i was rich the most expensive thing i would get is a fancy private pool.

It's like the one thing i'm jealous over with rich people because i like swimming in pools.

osby

Smash Obsessed
For me, it's more of just a side thing. If a game or movie got a few awards, that usually means, at the bare minimum, a decent portion of people enjoyed it. But I don't use it as the sole reason to decide what content to consume. I let the content speak for itself. It's honestly the last thing I consider when I decide if I want to play a game or watch a movie.
I mean, that's smart.

It's just people want to make easy decisions by default and other people's word helps it. That's why number-point reviews are so big. They make no sense but people prefer easily digestible numbers compared to well-thought reviews that help them to make educated choices.

It's the same with awards and best-seller lists: give people a simple reason to buy something and they'll buy it more. Probably few people actually decide to consume something for no reason other than it got an award but it definitely helps.

...not sure what even was my point, I'm just rambling.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nothing like seeing pompous *s all dressed up fine and dandy while owning their private island and all that. Distribution of wealth is *.

View attachment 312963

View attachment 312964

So I looked at the list.

Only 1 anime ever made a nomination, and it won the category... in 2002.

Can you guess what it was?

duxx

Smash Ace
So I looked at the list.

im gonna guess spirited away?
either way, im surprised that a silent voice/your name/i want to eat your pancreas were never nominated
but hey, its the oscars

edit: i just learned that theres a live-action version of i want to eat your pancreas called let me eat your pancreas. The more you know i guess

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Talking about Oscars eh?

I think it was a crime that such a tragic, emotional, and heartfelt movie like Only the Brave wasn't even nominated yet a movie about women having sex with fishmen (The Shape of Water) does.

The fact something as spiritually beautiful as Alpha didn't either in 2018.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I looked at the list.

Gee I wonder. If it ain't Miyazaki then **** you says the Oscars. (One example didn't which is suprising)

And ironically............ Lilo and Stitch should have won that. Cause of the Disney IPs that have been lost to time that is one of the most shameful. Movie was one of their best ever.

Spirited Away. Gotta be.
Yep.

Not even his son's best film (From Up On Poppy Hill) got nominated.

im gonna guess spirited away?
either way, im surprised that a silent voice/your name/i want to eat your pancreas were never nominated
but hey, its the oscars
Add Weathering With You, 5 Centimetres Per Second, Children Who Chase Lost Voices, Wolf Children, Promare etc.

Disgrace.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yep, it was Spirited Away.

The only other non American animated film to win the Best Animated Feature Film award was the Wallace and Gromit Curse of the Were Rabbit movie for the 2005 awards.
Thats.... actually really sad that only two non American films have won the award, in 93 years of doing this.

Also, the Oscars that just happened was the first time a Woman of Color (i.e. non white) amd second time a woman won the best director... in 93 years. That's pathetic. You can clearly see the American bias.

Edit: made a correction

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If i was rich the most expensive thing i would get is a fancy private pool.

It's like the one thing i'm jealous over with rich people because i like swimming in pools.
There are a couple super expensive things I would want to get if I had the money, mostly the dull obligatory stuff like a house and cars...

That is, until I look down my list.
de0f6cd7c5e60b7ac310ddf54d8c314b27ff1ac0_hq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom