• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Man, I need to seriously start thinking about the main character design for my dream game. Especially now that I’ve improved a ton and have a fairly decent idea of what I want said game to be.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I don't know if any of you agree, but I think SMG4 has gone down over the years. It's just not funny or interesting anymore imo.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Reminds me that I really should visualise all of my characters in my story.

Only really have three done in my head and my two leads made in a character creator.

Also to those who are interested in my story and doesn't know it as much in-depth as Wade, did a complete remake of my story synopsis if you guys are interested. So Noipoi Noipoi M MooMew64 Lamperouge Lamperouge etc. and anyone else who is interested.

Not posting it out in the open so if anyone wants to ask here and I'll get you joined.........maybe.

D

Deleted member

I don't know if any of you agree, but I think SMG4 has gone down over the years. It's just not funny or interesting anymore imo.
I think he’s still funny, but I miss the days where the videos didn’t really have a overarching plot: they were just funny because of all the bonkers **** that happened in each one.

It also doesn’t help that most of their videos outside of the story ones are based on the hottest new game, so it feels like they’re just pandering to what’s popular at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I think he’s still funny, but I miss the days where the videos didn’t really have an overarching plot: they were just funny because of all the bonkers **** that happened in each one.

It also doesn’t help that most of their videos outside of the story ones are based on the hottest new trend, so it feels like they’re just pandering to what’s popular at the moment.
I can't agree more. Also, it just feels like it panders more towards anime fans now than when it did in the past. I wanna laugh! Not watch anime!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I used to make comics when I was a kid. ToonTown ones.

They...Are not good, lol.
Yeah me too. They were Webkinz comics. I made like, 8 of em when I was six.
I remember back in 4-5 grade I made little comics based off sentient board game pieces and characters called Domino Man and Dice Dog. It was exactly what you’d expect from someone at the age of nine-ten who had way less control over his autistic tendencies

D

Deleted member

I used to make comics when I was a kid. ToonTown ones.

They...Are not good, lol.
I once tried to make fanfiction. I don’t even remember what it was, all I remember is that it was bad(like, trying to put youtube links and songs in the script bad), and I never got farther than the first chapter. :drsad:

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I remember going on Scratch and just raging in all caps at FNAF fan games that I thought were lazy. This drew ire from the game's community, and because it was at the time when FNAF was popular among little kids... you can guess what happened next.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think I’m gonna start a webcomic.

Gonna start making concepts of the characters. Maybe a couple test comics.
What kind of webcomic? A Sunday Funny webcomic or a narrative based one?

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Nah, that isn’t the case to me. Anime or not, as long as he does those jokes and funny sound effects, I am good.
Yeah, but the humor seems more bland and less funny to me. That's okay for you to like them.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh yeah, here's another piece of art I keep meaning to share:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

It's from...I wanna say back in November? I was still using a Microsoft Surface and Krita at the time.

It was a part of trying to do my Smash mains doing the poses from the Eizouken OP, but I never got further than Agent 3 and Enderman. Might do the last one soon here.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
About stories:

I had a lot of ideas when I was younger but being busy with college and laziness prevented it from putting on paper. Alternate histories, some science fiction and stuff about the mundane was all there.

Had a cool story inspired by the Copied City in Nier Automata but in a crazy dystopian setting where practically everything is copyrighted and infringement was punishable by death.

Had a story which was kinda the predecessor idea of my main about a guy having to protect two people of different races across a variety of worlds, mainly inspired by South-East Asia and Italy. I was in a villa in Rome when I thought about that.

And still have a few crossover ideas I want to do like my Made in Abyss/Gravity Rush and a Kino's Journey style story about someone who travels across universes and changes the lives of a few small people from Mass Effect to The Witcher to No Game No Life to even Smash Bros. Can't be bothered though.

It's from...I wanna say back in November? I was still using a Microsoft Surface and Krita at the time.

It was a part of trying to do my Smash mains doing the poses from the Eizouken OP, but I never got further than Agent 3 and Enderman. Might do the last one soon here.
Thank you once again for making me remember that I have to watch the anime.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My dog jumped all over my bed without my consent, i just washed those bedsheets and now theres pawprints on them.

I'm back from my first day of the South Carolina Comicon! Man, my legs are SORE! Attendance count was identical to previous years (massive) so the Covid protocols they had (wear a mask, canceling the panels and costume contests) were 128% ****ing pointless.
Sounds about right lol

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
favorite band released a new album yesterday

1618701867111.png

it's the heaviest, trashiest music this band has ever made. one song is a bit too heavy for me even, some of these songs have moments dedicated to mosh pits and its obvious. it makes it a bit more streamlined which made me a bit sad but i still liked most of the songs on here pretty well. i still like wake and culture scars more though, so it's gonna sit in 3rd place for me.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, one of the hardest parts about designing a character is figuring out what you what them to look like.

Clothes and decorations are easy enough, but then you get to the face and it's like

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
So that FF7RI announcement today.... I gotta say, I will not go out of my way to say I am THAT attached to Fort Condor and it's significance to the plot is... well it doesn't have any. But like... I worry you know? How much stuff are they really gonna change? It's like... I get it. You don't want to make the exact same game you did before but like... you also do know that you kind of hyped up your audience for a lot based on how you handled part 1. You didn't really change anything, just expanded on it. And you reworked the admittedly problematic Wall Market segment into a ****ing masterpiece. But like.... you still gotta follow the plot of the original. It's still gotta end in the Northern Crater fighting Sephiroth, and there are so many moments in the rest of the game we want to see brought to life in the same way you did the firs part. So please. Square. Don't go... TOO overboard. Add to it all you want. But please don't take too much away.

Man I'm almost glad I won't have a PS5 when it comes out so I can read ahead and spoil myself and let out all my (potential) frustration before I play it.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

x3 Oh I love this! Great work!

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Finished watching Early Man.

Overall an ok movie. Nothing that grand or impressive but a good way to kill some time if you're ever bored.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom