• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ok enough with the gun talk...and use a cooler weapon instead

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Angel Beats was really good but I feel like it needed a few more episodes to really land that emotional impact they were clearly aiming for. It was still pretty sad, sure, but a lot of characters were kinda just swept under the rug at the end and I'm a bit confused about Otonashi's fate.
Other people like Angel Beats, too, hehe.
The length is a pretty common criticism, something the people in charge were even aware of, so there's quite a bit of supplemental material, like a prequel manga focusing on how the group was formed by Hinata and Yuri. Not sure how far along it is though and if there's even an official translation.

There's also a Visual Novel, though that one was abandoned. Only the first volume got released and also just in Japan. An English release was announced like 5 years ago, so it's safe to say it's been canned. There's a fan translation in the works though. But as I said, only the first volume exists and I don't know how much it differs from the anime.

There are also other mangas in addition to the above one, but I don't know anything about them. But all of that mess feels like they bit off more than they can chew, which is a shame, because I really liked the cast. Hell, the anime made me go from loathing to liking Yui in the span of one episode.

Also the world needs more T.K.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmmm... I'm curious. The first Dragon Quest came out before the first Final Fantasy... and yet there are 15 (soon to be 16) mainline Final Fantasy games but only 11 mainline Dragon Quest games.... why is that?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Ah man I don't know if the cycling is the main reason why I feel pretty down. Also I hate the Karen culchie who stopped me dead in my tracks and went on a ***** spree about how the park is only for walking when it clearly says it's for bikes as well!

Bike chain got jammed so my day was ruined and had to go to the bike shop. Got it fixed as well as the bike seat height.

And decided on the random pfp. Might be a bit bloody but it's iconic.

The original FF was gonna be Square’s last game, so that’s why they called it that.
Kid you know he's sarcastic right? Everyone who knows video games know that.

Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Angel Beats was really good but I feel like it needed a few more episodes to really land that emotional impact they were clearly aiming for. It was still pretty sad, sure, but a lot of characters were kinda just swept under the rug at the end and I'm a bit confused about Otonashi's fate.
Other people like Angel Beats, too, hehe.
The length is a pretty common criticism, something the people in charge were even aware of, so there's quite a bit of supplemental material, like a prequel manga focusing on how the group was formed by Hinata and Yuri. Not sure how far along it is though and if there's even an official translation.

There's also a Visual Novel, though that one was abandoned. Only the first volume got released and also just in Japan. An English release was announced like 5 years ago, so it's safe to say it's been canned. There's a fan translation in the works though. But as I said, only the first volume exists and I don't know how much it differs from the anime.

There are also other mangas in addition to the above one, but I don't know anything about them. But all of that mess feels like they bit off more than they can chew, which is a shame, because I really liked the cast. Hell, the anime made me go from loathing to liking Yui in the span of one episode.

Also the world needs more T.K.
The anime was great but it was without a doubt the length was the issue. I'd say about 7-8 more episodes to help explain the world better and with more character backstories. Also the music. The music is one of the best of all time.

I'd probably give it a 7.5 out of 10 as that and the confusing ending are the main reasons. It failed to land properly right there.

And I type this now as I've realised Wonder Egg has had the same issues since I'm about to watch the finale.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
They should've just called the sequel Final Final Fantasy. Which should've been followed by Final Final Final Fantasy

Cloud Strife is my favorite character from Final Final Final Final Final Final Final Fantasy

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
They should've just called the sequel Final Final Fantasy. Which should've been followed by Final Final Final Fantasy

Cloud Strife is my favorite character from Final Final Final Final Final Final Final Fantasy
My favorite of those games is Final Final Final Final Final Final Final Final Final Fantasy.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah was gonna do Samuel L Jackson for my pfp this year cause of me being a Tarantino fan but the scene is a bit bloody.

Plus I don't know but I'm not as keen using on live action for pfps anymore. We'll see later.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Why call it GTA III if it has no correlation to GTA II or I? Exact reason they call FFV number 5. Brand recognition.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Started up my Xbox One again after a long hiatus. Using my fightpad on it reminded me of something about that controller: On the Xbox home menu, pressing the A Button registers 2 presses but when playing a game pressing the A Button only registers 1 press.

Still not sure why that's the case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom