• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ross is in the clear, and so is SuperMega iirc.
That's good to hear, but also, **** man.

Poor dude.

EDIT: Wait Z25, when did Ross left Game Grumps? And how much he knew about Dan?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I seen enough. **** the Game Grumps.

Anyways, how's everyone's Sunday so far? I'm currently waiting for this Windows 10 update to go through. It's taking quite a while.
Doing some game documentary in Quest RPG. Nothing like grinding to get monsters to drop an item already. I'm sure one drops one, but it's taking forever.

...And one that used to drop one seems clear they don't.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Yeah, I seen enough. **** the Game Grumps.

Anyways, how's everyone's Sunday so far? I'm currently waiting for this Windows 10 update to go through. It's taking quite a while.
I've been working. As Sunday goes, it's another 12 hour day. I enjoy my job a lot but Sundays are pretty tiring. I'm worn out once 8pm hits.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I would've figured Arin to be the creep before Dan, but eh. Never was big into Game Grumps so I wouldn't lose any sleep if they end up being canceled for this. Still an incredibly scummy situation, though.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Doing some game documentary in Quest RPG. Nothing like grinding to get monsters to drop an item already. I'm sure one drops one, but it's taking forever.

...And one that used to drop one seems clear they don't.
It’s random, it’s not predetermined, I did an experiment in FFIII to see if dragons were predetermined to drop the game’s most powerful armor. They aren’t.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Ross is still innocent, right?

Right?

If yes, then man, how many creepy weird peoples did he became friends with?
I can deal with most of the others turning out to be awful. It's really tough, I used to love watching Game Grumps, but I can deal with it.

But if Ross turns out to be a creep as well, then I will officially be in Pain: HD Remix

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, if Ross really knew about this & did nothing or worse helped Dan, then this video (warning, some serious subject even if it's VR chat, and swears) is going to age more or less like milk.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly I've never really been interested in Game Grumps, but it still sucks to see stuff like this come out man.:drsad:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It’s random, it’s not predetermined, I did an experiment in FFIII to see if dragons were predetermined to drop the game’s most powerful armor. They aren’t.
Well, different games have different drop rules.

Quest RPG(the demake of Quest 64) is unclear what those are. But either way, no less a pain to get certain ones. The issue is there's no way to tell they have none either, especially as I'm sure the monster in question(Hell Hound) can still drop Dew Drop as an item... but won't for me lately. Meanwhile I can't stop getting Fresh Bread from Were Hare. HP healing items are easy to drop. And sometimes items that aren't HP or MP healing. But MP healing items? Welp.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
This is the potential face-cut out standees have in NH:

I was able to recreate the sprite work of a OneShot NPC by using a standee and a regular portrait painting. Angle the camera right, and you can make your own NPC that can stand instead of needing to be pasted onto the ground! Their eyes even follow you thanks to the positioning of the portrait creating an optical illusion.

Tagging Noipoi Noipoi , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , and Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo 'cause I think they might think this is cool. :nifty:

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This is the potential face-cut out standees have in NH:

I was able to recreate the sprite work of a OneShot NPC by using a standee and a regular portrait painting. Angle the camera right, and you can make your own NPC that can stand instead of needing to be pasted onto the ground! Their eyes even follow you thanks to the positioning of the portrait creating an optical illusion.

Tagging Noipoi Noipoi , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , and Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo 'cause I think they might think this is cool. :nifty:
Ooooh OneShot. Good taste.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So the creator of Tekken has made a talk show set in a bar where he talks to various people from around the games industry. Think you guys would be interested as I came across it.

The first guest being the father of PlayStation where they talk about their view of the sense of competition between platforms when it isn't true, how they kinda predicted the future on online and stuff and honestly this was a really good watch.
Not too in your face and not stuck to the corporate talk. Just three guys talking about the industry over drinks and takoyaki. The only warning is alcohol featured.

I'd give it a watch to anyone interested.

Side note: The word Mirai or future in Japanese is haunting me. I think I've heard the word at least 100 times in the past week.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Yeah,

Kingdom hearts games have four difficult settings, beginner, standard, proud and Critical.

In critical most late game fights are one hit KO moves.
Damn... in Final Fantasy, many late-game enemies have one-hit KO moves like Death and Warp.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Say what you will about World of Light, but you gotta admit...

the ost is pretty banger
even though most of it is just lifelight and lifelight remixes
SSE is made up of tons of remix of Brawl Theme.

The main theme in general tend to be remixed alot.

It's a tradition at this point.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
1616365631642.png
\
Left side of the mountain is complete, with a shot of how it'll look when you're in town. I plan on adding more parts to make the thing bigger, like Mt. Coronet in Sinnoh, but for now I've completed this segment.
1616365704831.png

Shot from the side. On the left is the entrance to Regirock's ruins.
1616365741213.png

Back side of the mountain. The spawns are a cluster****, I know, but Pixelmon's spawners are hard to work to your exact liking. The excavation crew on the mountain "made" the ladders (I did, in lore, they did.) so people can have an easier time getting up. It'll get harder later on. They're currently examining a strange mosaic by their rest stop. The summit has yet to be completed, I'll work on it once I get all sides of the mountain done. What I'm planning is for it to be a not active volcano covered in snow.

D

Deleted member

96B12172-FDD7-4819-8BA3-EE389F1E5562.jpeg

this duct tape mess of a phone mount is working much better than expected

really, it’s a surprise to me it hasn’t broken on contact: the only thing holding the two togheter is a thin layer of tape. :4pacman:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
If there's one area where FFVII fails, it's the graphics in the overworld and FMVs. They're blocky and look ugly.

D

Deleted member

I’LL TAKE Y̷̨̡̘̗̰̮̭̲̫̫͇̫͈̖̭̍Ö̶͎͔́̀̾Ȕ̴̢̧͚̘̹̞̰̣̙̻̦͕͕̂̀̈́̑̾͐̌͊͐̇͒̊͆͌R̵̢̩͙̠̫͎̭̲͙̯̬̠̪͔͛͗̄̓͛̅̋͆́ ̵̨̟͓̱͔̱̳͙̤͕̗̹̆̍̿̾͂͑̾̉ͅͅȨ̶̜̞͙̟̖̫͔̜̠̻͖̤̋̔͆̈́̓͂̏̓̉͌͘͜͝N̵̪͓̬̣̘̦̙̘͇̙̣̭̮̒́̾̃͜Ţ̸̢̨̖̼͓͈͓̱̱̇̾I̴̢̨̩̜͎͕̙̳̟̫̠͗̾̎͌͑R̸̘̩̘̦̱͋̚Ẹ̴̛̀ ̷̢̩͉̗͕͖̝͚͂͌ͅS̵̹̯̰̟̤̪̞̣͕̺̜̽̐̈́͗́̏͌͂̅T̵̨̧͙̮͎̼̼̓̊O̸̡̢̘͔̺̣̻̫̖̜̹̞̙̲͛̊͆͑̊͗͘͜C̴̢̨̢̠̬̟̰̬͍͕̹̠͍̳̬̀͗͛̊̈́̎̀̈́͂̈́̌̀̈́̍̇K̸̛̖̘̺̤͇̩̟̭̳̺͜

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If there's one area where FFVII fails, it's the graphics in the overworld and FMVs. They're blocky and look ugly.
I mean, I thought the FMVs were serviceable?

...The battles are decent too.

I've been wanting the game remade for years either way, due to the horrific graphics. It's an early PS1 game, but even a quick graphical update on the PS3 back then would've been reasonable. While the new gameplay style isn't my taste, it needed a remake badly anyway.

An old thread somewhere compared these together. Funny thing is Quest 64 has a low polygon count, but the monsters/characters do look a tad bit better in this comparison. It's not a fair comparison either way, but a game that was rushed just looks better. That's like... it. I love Quest and am not a fan of VII, but the rest of the game pretty much is in VII's favor. Better story, characters, spell effects(this one is a bit more debatable), though I'd argue the gameplay are crisp in both in their own unique ways. Quest wasn't at any point shown to have multiple party members at once either during beta, so it was always 1 at a time, suggesting the battle system barely changed outside of the UI. They're both fun and unique games, and obviously one took the world by storm(and it deserves it).

The only twist that many don't know is Quest 64 is officially a critical success. It never "failed". It's just legit got enough issues that of course many aren't fans of it(and it's understandable. It can be easy to get lost in the dungeons, the first boss is overly hard, and grinding is way more needed than a lot of games).

Now if you want a game that couldn't hold a candle to Quest 64, it's Aidyn Chronicles. It's the exact opposite in most ways. Magic is more difficult to use(but way more powerful). It has better characters/characterization. It has a way better story. It also lets you walk off a cliff(so it barely is properly programmed), the music completely non-memorable(it's not bad, though?), the graphics are terrible(you could say that FFVII has better graphics than Aidyn Chronicles, and is only... a little worse than Quest 64 if we're being fair), and it has functions that don't work(the revival item won't work in the N64 version. While Quest has a lot of stuff that never got implemented, it's not accessible anyway to prevent issues). I dunno how many actual bugs/glitches/exploits Aidyn has, but Quest has a ton of them.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Yes and now that I have everything set up, it's gonna be much easier. I have two separate (non finalized) lists of character rosters, one being focused on Nintendo and another adds third parties.

Now I just need to figure out where the mugshots are located.
if it wouldn't be too much of a hassle, could you think about putting Maxwell from Scribblenauts on the third party roster? Scribblenauts is a great but underappreciated series, and it got it's start on the DS so it's thematically accurate.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Damn... in Final Fantasy, many late-game enemies have one-hit KO moves like Death and Warp.
It's especially bull**** because Kingdom hearts 3DS has some of the harder late game bosses in the series, like Young Xehanort who is like the only boss in all of the series who heals himself.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
It's especially bull**** because Kingdom hearts 3DS has some of the harder late game bosses in the series, like Young Xehanort who is like the only boss in all of the series who heals himself.
Wow... Kingdom Hearts must be much easier. FF bosses can do that all the time. Warmech in FFI heals 200 HP to itself every turn.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Wow... Kingdom Hearts must be much easier. FF bosses can do that all the time. Warmech in FFI heals 200 HP to itself every turn.
I think the difference is that Kingdom hearts isnt turn based it's an action RPG, so you gotta dodge a lot of attacks, which hit harder and come at you faster at higher difficulties.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I think the difference is that Kingdom hearts isnt turn based it's an action RPG, so you gotta dodge a lot of attacks, which hit harder and come at you faster at higher difficulties.
Oh. Older FF games were turn-based. Beginning with IV, they play in real-time. Beginning with FFXV, they're action RPGs.

D

Deleted member

Not to mention how flashy and cinematic the combat is. Especially in KH3, where everything has a big impact and you move across the screen just by attacking

D

Deleted member

I do not enjoy Neo Cortex levels.
Crash 4? The Cortex stages were fine in theory, but clumsy to actually play. I think some sort of light auto-aim would've helped a lot as trying to hit something can be real pain sometimes. Definitely my least favorite stage type out of the 4 characters.

if it wouldn't be too much of a hassle, could you think about putting Maxwell from Scribblenauts on the third party roster? Scribblenauts is a great but underappreciated series, and it got it's start on the DS so it's thematically accurate.
Sorry, but I'm not taking requests at this point. Maybe in the future when I'm done, but right now the lists are more than full already. In fact, I'm already trying to cut them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom