• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Been looking at the PS5 and stuff in case I decide to get it sooner or later. Yeah it's a real ****show to try and get not to mention all of the console problems (and the last thing I want is another lawnmower of a console) so I think I'll still delay it a few months at least.

Think this is gonna be a year where I'll stick far more to Switch than anything in the end looking at it and I'm probably not the only one. Famicom Detective Club, Pokemon Snap, The World Ends With You sequel, Skyward Sword HD, THPS remakes etc.

Yeah Nintendo is gonna make more bank than the other two I think this year.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Week 6 of FNF hit different.

The fact that there's actual plot here is pretty cool, and the songs are pretty awesome.

Roses sounds like it's straight out of a Sonic game imo.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
What is probably the hardest RPG game you guys have played?
For me, it’s probably FFIV on DS. Frickin’ counter moves.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Depends if you're counting difficulty options or not.

For me? Probably Lisa: The Painful on Steam, with the hardest difficulty.

Save points are one time use, which also prevents save scumming, and party members can be permanently killed off, along with an MC who gets weaker as the game goes on?

D

Deleted member

Yooooooo! That's hype! You turned it into an actual mod? Awesome! Are you planning to do any more?
Yes and now that I have everything set up, it's gonna be much easier. I have two separate (non finalized) lists of character rosters, one being focused on Nintendo and another adds third parties.

Now I just need to figure out where the mugshots are located.

D

Deleted member

For regular rpgs? idk, probably BOTW, I don't really play a huge number of RPGS.

Now if MMOrpgs count, I'd say Wizard101 is up there. For a game made with kids in mind it's surprisingly difficult going solo(the fact the class I picked doesn't get an easy crowd control card until the middle of the game doesn't help)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ditto.

I had to use Action Replay to make it through the final dungeon when I played it many years ago. Maybe someday I'll do it legit.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sonic Chronicles. The "special" moves are just too difficult for me to get the rhythm down.

I haven't played that FF yet, but to me, difficult enemies are much easier to deal with than difficult controls.

Otherwise, some contenders are Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and Lagoon.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yes and now that I have everything set up, it's gonna be much easier. I have two separate (non finalized) lists of character rosters, one being focused on Nintendo and another adds third parties.

Now I just need to figure out where the mugshots are located.
Nice. Can they be applied via patchers? 'Cause if you plan on sharing 'em, I wouldn't mind trying these out on a DS emulator.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Nioh.

Died on the first enemy. Still need to play it again but everything else I need to play comes first.

How do British people walk if they don’t have feet?
How do Americans properly walk? I mean you can only sidewalk....... Yeah kick me off the stage, I ain't hyper enough.

I could go for a joke on the mainlanders but can't think of one.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Nioh.

Died on the first enemy. Still need to play it again but everything else I need to play comes first.

How do Americans properly walk? I mean you can only sidewalk....... Yeah kick me off the stage, I ain't hyper enough.

I could go for a joke on the mainlanders but can't think of one.
We can also crosswalk tyvm.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Nah, this definitely has Sonic vibes. I’m not convinced it didn’t come out of Mania.
I agree that it sounds like Sonic but nothing about it gives off that Tee Lopes vibe, IMO. Kinda hard to explain what I mean by that but he's got a very distinct style that this track doesn't quite match.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I’ve heard that FFIII on DS is even harder than IV. In that game, bosses attack multiple times in one turn.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Seriously tho this sounds like a Sonic song lol.

Maybe it's just that I'm not super knowledgeable of Sonic as a series, but if you removed the boops and beeps, I'd believe you.

I'd say the song is closer to being a general Genesis sounding track rather than Sonic specifically. Like I can easily imagine this used for a bonus level for Toejam and Earl for example.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Double post
There aren’t really many hard FF games after FFIV. Most probable reason is that bosses no longer give EXP, making it so that your party isn’t unevenly leveled. Instead, they give ABP, which has varying uses depending on the game.

Sundays are boring.

Kingdom hearts 3DS on critical mode. It's the only KH game ive played on critical.
Is that the hardest difficulty?

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Yeah, I seen enough. **** the Game Grumps.

Anyways, how's everyone's Sunday so far? I'm currently waiting for this Windows 10 update to go through. It's taking quite a while.
Good. FFII is a ***** though. No wonder it’s the black sheep of the numbered FF games.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Anyways, how's everyone's Sunday so far? I'm currently waiting for this Windows 10 update to go through. It's taking quite a while.
It's been good. Getting ready to close the day off with some Pokemon Mystery Dungeon in a little bit here.

Oh, I do have something neat I did in Animal Crossing I wanna share, though. I'll grab a screenshot real quick and post it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Just working my way through Tales of Vesperia. Might watch the last couple of episodes of WandaVision and catch up on Laid-Back Camp later.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ross is still innocent, right?

Right?

If yes, then man, how many creepy weird peoples did he became friends with?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just saw the DuckTales series finale.

They never really returned Negaduck. Everything else seems resolved but that. I don't think he even appeared in the final episodes either among the trapped prisoners. Really strange. Makes me wonder if they intend to do a spin-off or movie or something?

Other than the spoiler, hot damn, that was good~
From what I've heard, the showrunners originally wanted to include him as the twist secondary villain in Let's get Dangerous alongside Bulba (therefore becoming the leader of the Fearsome Five) but they scrapped the idea because they thought it wouldn't do the character justice.

The problem after that is that they couldn't find a good episode for him to star in by the time they received word of the show's cancellation.
I assume they are saving him for the dark wing duck show coming out.

D

Deleted member

I've vibing rn, been grinding way too hard for the last few hours after cleaning up the birdcages for the week

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I said **** game grumps when they never finished ace attorney. They were never to greet to begin with imo though.
Ross is still innocent, right?

Right?

If yes, then man, how many creepy weird peoples did he became friends with?
Right now sure. Realistically probably not. With they many people involved and being bad in their group, the ones that didn’t leave probably aren’t any better. I also kind of find it unlikely that everyone didn’t know about these issues with each person so far

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom