• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I still grimace every time I see him on the roster. I'm not opening that can of worms again. But like..... God damn it Minecraft.
I honestly have no idea what you get by telling people how much you dislike what they like. Just let me enjoy this.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Steve is one of my favorite characters if not #1, as is Alex, the Creeper, and all of Minecraft’s mobs because I love Minecraft that much; I love a lot of games and their characters, but Minecraft is my absolute favorite. Banjo & Kazooie are dear to me too, though, also being favorites of mine and their game being the first one I played. B-K may be my second favorite game for that reason, idk.

I like the other characters, though none of the other DLC characters have been ones I particularly cared about a lot, but I still thought they were cool and wasn’t against them.

(I was disappointed in a few at first, but they grew on me shortly, and I still wasn’t against them nor did I hate them I just wasn’t particularly excited at first)

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I'm currently developing an RPG Maker game, it's gonna be about a regular guy who has to save the world by getting crystals. He meets Peter Griffin, James Bond, a Russian Mage, and more people along the way.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Actually yeah. There's some things I'd LOVE to gush about here that I don't because all I get when I bring them up is comments about how that series/person/concept sucks.
If you don’t like it when others do it to you, surely you can understand why others don’t like it when you do it to them. That simple.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Believe me, there's nothing I can do to stop people from liking Minecraft. As much as I wish there was.
Jesus Christ why are you like this.

It costs you nothing to just be chill.

There are several things I don’t like, and many times people here who do like those things get into conversations about them. Cuz people like to talk about things they like. And I don’t say anything rude about it, Y’know why? Cuz I don’t like ruining other people’s good time.

You’re a grown woman. Most people figure this out at age 7.

Do better.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
What it’s spudding spud’o’clock spud

it’s up to you to find out what all of those spuds are replacements for
One time I had a crush on a girl whose last name was Archey, so I made a comic to flirt with her using potato puns.

Me: "Hey cutie. Do you think I'm a SPUD?"
Her: "What would you know about being a spud? I'm (name redacted) STARCHY!!!"

Shroob

Sup?
The two that sick out in my head the most because they were some of the biggest blowups were DmC and MatPat. Death Battle can also be one of those things depending on who's here.
I mean, in what ways were they brought up is the 2nd question?

Say, you were vehemently defending Matpat, a decently controversial figure, then sure, I could see some friction, but just saying "I like him lol" wouldn't cause people to jump on you, this isn't reddit/twitter.

DmC.... is another issue entirely. That game is divisive as ****, you're sticking your hand in a jar of snakes there, no pun intended.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I always wonder why that always has to start with me. Like... why don't other people have to change the way they treat me so that I treat them better instead?
I could use that logic and say “I always wonder why that always has to start with me. Why can’t Snake change the way that they treat me?” Not everyone will change for your sake, people aren’t like that. At the very least you could be courteous to others.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I always wonder why that always has to start with me. Like... why don't other people have to change the way they treat me so that I treat them better instead?
Because you have complete control over your own actions and reactions, but not over the actions and reactions of others.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The two that sick out in my head the most because they were some of the biggest blowups were DmC and MatPat. Death Battle can also be one of those things depending on who's here.
Idk about DmC (unless you mean that one game most people I’ve seen don’t like because of “Donte” but I don’t have an opinion on it, haven’t played it nor the other DMC games personally; haven’t seen a discussion here that I can remember in this thread tho), but I don’t remember anyone crapping on Matpat when you wanted to talk about him? Most I remember is artists being annoyed because he took some renders and didn’t give credit, but I think that was resolved idk.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You're right.
But imagine if someone responded to you every time you gushed about a series you liked and said:

"THE THING YOU LIKE SUCKS."
View attachment 308060

Wouldn't be very fun, would it?
If it was Freddie Prinze Jr telling me it every time it might be alright.

Also the whole point of the original quote and image is that it's taken out of context.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Personally, it strikes me odd that Min Min was chosen as the ARMS fighter when her best feature is dem...
...actually those are pretty nice legs tbh. Kinda like Chun-Li kicking legs...or a wrestler who always superkicks people
Gonna be honest, that‘s some real “If I don’t enjoy Christmas no one can” type of Grinch-ish behavior.
This month alond we've had Snake **** Zack Snyder off for making a great movie, Minecraft treated like Satan, that whole Leo/Karai incest stuff, and now a gangup...I think we gotta accept us all not liking or loving one another or their opinions until we can make true peace

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Because you have complete control over your own actions and reactions, but not over the actions and reactions of others.
A person is not exactly in control of their own reactions, though.
I speak from the perspective of a person with a social disability when I say that it's VERY easy to get upset over minor things, especially when it's one person vs. an entire group.
You're all putting Snake into a corner, and nothing she says can please everyone at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom