• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I mained Mario in Smash 4 but uh.... tbh I was kinda trash at him.

In Ultimate I keep on switching it(and haven’t touched the game in awhile to boot) but Wii Fit Trainer, ROB, and Game and Watch are a few I’ve been considering.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I remember when Link was considered Top tier in Smash 4....then the WiiU version was released.

But that said he was still decent and it was refreshing that he actually felt somewhat viable for once. Now in Ultimate he's actually really good, especially if you optimize his bomb usage.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, if any of y'all remember Hal from my game, we redesigned him. Croffee, the person who designed him, wanted to make some adjustments, and we also changed his clothing as well for lore reasons.
View attachment 307666
Noipoi Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
I wanted to give him a high five, but then I looked what arm I had up.

Uh....cool character! Yeah, good job!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In Smash 4 I was a Charizard main, but I still am a Charizard/PT main and I remind people of that frequently.

I used Mewtwo for the really bad match ups, namely Zero Suit, Bayonetta and some zoners. I'd actually stay Charizard against a lot of high/top tiers though, like Mario, Pikachu, Marth and Cloud. Back then I naively thought Charizard won or at least went even in those match ups. But I was a scrub back then so my opinion probably didn't count. It was also nice that a lot of people didn't really have match up experience against Zard back then and where caught off guard by his surprisingly fast run speed, fast Jab / Up Smash and short skid.

I still think Zard beats Pika lol

Noipoi

Howdy!
My little sister has recently gotten really nostalgic for Monster High. She’s watching all the movies.

Like Monster High: Ghouls Rule
Monster High: Escape from Skull Shores
Monster High: Pregnancy Scare
Monster High: The Great Scarrier Reef

etc.

D

Deleted member

One thing I realized I haven't really done much of is background and foreground detail so I did a doodle of that for practice
sketch1616023249026.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
I main Incineroar cuz he hits like a truck. Even though he’s slow as hell, garbage off stage, and Revenge is the only thing stopping him from being pure juggle fodder. He was also my Sun/Moon starter.

I also play Pokémon Trainer, Inkling, the occasional Steve, Banjo, even though they’re kinda awkward. And K Rool is just comedy.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Alright, NOW it's crappy review time.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also, I main Steve, because Minecraft is one of my favorite games, and I've played it for years, so I have some nostalgia over it. Seeing it get in Smash is still surreal to me. Plus he's actually good, too, which is amazing. Whenever I can't play Steve, I just play Wario, but my Wario is super rusty.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
King K. Rool always seemed like the coolest and most creative villain to me when I saw his trophies in Melee and Brawl, and when I actually saw him in action in the DKC games, that's when I knew I wanted him in SSB.

I find him way too much fun to play in Ultimate, so he's my main, now.

I'm still a dedicated King Dedede and Mewtwo player as well, and I also frequently play Zelda, Lucina, Bowser, Pokemon Trainer, Isabelle, Pikachu, Toon Link and Kirby.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The one theme I wish they add and remix into smash
What theme would you want to add and remix into smash
Guzma Theme
More music from Black and White
Chocobo Theme
Actually, more FF songs from games that aren't 7
Any of the battle themes from Earthbound
More Minecraft remixes
Phantom Ganon theme
Anything from Dragon Quest, it got done DIRTY as hell
More Sonic Themes
More Paper Mario songs

And Bring Back:
The original Great Sea
The rest of the DK rap
Right There Ride On

Delete: Now or Never remix

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Guzma Theme
More music from Black and White
Chocobo Theme
Actually, more FF songs from games that aren't 7
Any of the battle themes from Earthbound
More Minecraft remixes
Phantom Ganon theme
Anything from Dragon Quest, it got done DIRTY as hell
More Sonic Themes
More Paper Mario songs

And Bring Back:
The original Great Sea
The rest of the DK rap
Right There Ride On

Delete: Now or Never remix
All good choices, I love those tunes too

D

Deleted member

Progress, all that's left now is importing it. I admit I cheated a bit and ripped his Diddy Kong Racing textures for the most part and edited them to make them work.

Basically I started doing Mario Kart DS characters, hence the low-poly model. I already got two lists of potential characters written down, one focusing on Nintendo and another adds third parties to the mix and I wanna make character packs. Maybe in the future I'll try my hand at courses, too, but focus right now lies solely on characters and karts.

Not sure if people would be interested in seeing more in the future or not. If not I'll stop talking about it, don't wanna be obnoxious with this,

D

Deleted member

If I had to pick one character to make my main, it would probably be :ultwiifittrainer:

idk, I just really like her playstyle, as terrible as I am at the game. :gw: and his magic hammer is a close second

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Progress, all that's left now is importing it. I admit I cheated a bit and ripped his Diddy Kong Racing textures for the most part and edited them to make them work.

Basically I started doing Mario Kart DS characters, hence the low-poly model. I already got two lists of potential characters written down, one focusing on Nintendo and another adds third parties to the mix and I wanna make character packs. Maybe in the future I'll try my hand at courses, too, but focus right now lies solely on characters and karts.

Not sure if people would be interested in seeing more in the future or not. If not I'll stop talking about it, don't wanna be obnoxious with this,
I love stuff like this! Please keep sharing. :)

Noipoi

Howdy!

I’m Banjo!

wooooOOOOOAAAAAH

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Hey that's really cool! Definitely would like to see more!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Fortunately for me, my top 10 characters to abuse in Ultimate aren't completely obvious cause yeah
Yes to Jimmy Woo and Luis being in the best of the best.
they don't get to go any lower than the absolute best

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Everyone talking about their mains made me want to go onto Elite Smash and play some matches. I just techchecked a Falcon so I guess that's still possible lol.

It's still possible if you're far out enough, it's just a lot harder now. I actually like the dynamic now that it's not guaranteed. It adds another layer of depth to Falcon's and Ganondorf's recovery that if you hit, you still sometimes have a second chance to edgeguard but they still have a second chance to recover. Those characters are pretty well known for being explosive and exciting, and the explosive nature of their recoveries adds to that.

I'm also getting really comfortable with Ivy now. I just had to learn to think of Razor Leaf as less of a move to spam and more of a poke to throw out every now and then, like Wolf's blaster. I've always kind of known that but staying in the right mentality for it has been tough. Picking Mewtwo back up has definitely helped me get back into that zoner mindset, especially with the way his Shadow Ball charge cancel helped me internalize that a projectile doesn't even have to be thrown to do its job.

Also I got some really stupid stuff with Charizard today. I got two shield breaks. Also Ivysaur Down B -> Tomahawk Kill Throw is my favorite Ivy combo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom