• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I honestly have never touched shaders: my computer would probably melt if I did.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
People would be like:

"Hey are they talking turtles?!"

"Nah, they've got a case of tortitis. Leave them alone."

"Ah. **** one for them. Hope they see a doctor."
1987- totally normal to be a mutant in public
2003- we no mess with cause rare
2011- Mutant Town...discrimination...X-Men life but barely better
2012- from AHHH MUTANT FREAKS to AHHH ALIENS WHO MIGHT KILL US to “We have a mutant as our main hero“ to flat out “**** it, there’s mutants and aliens and all that here in New York so they can save us from the bad stuff...mkay cool we give up”
Bay- ...ogres with the skin of other mutants and aliens
Rise- bugs creates monsters cause science and logic

87 Turtles really are an odd bunch out of all of these guys

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
If I had a nickel for evertime I heard "Brawl is a good game" touted as an unpopular opinion.
It was for a while, but I've noticed a bit of a comeback for the game lately. I think it has something to do with Smash 4 already fading from memory for a lot of people, and after the mixed World of Light released, many were like "yoooo Subspace was so good, I'm gonna replay Brawl now!" And, while I do think that Brawl's competitive balance is certainly the worst character balance the series has ever had, the casual side of the game is still fantastic and holds up. If you want to play competitive Brawl, it'll be tough to get into, especially since very few play it anymore. But if you wanna have some fun in classic mode, all-star mode, story mode, and especially in main mode with any stage and with items on? You're gonna have a good time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Monkey's paw.

Crash Bandicoot is not in Smash.

But on the flipside, Master Chief is.

I'd say that's a fair trade tbh.
Honestly I would be fine with this, mostly because I feel gameplay-wise Master Chief would be more interesting.

Not to say Crash isn’t of course, but Master Chief has his huge arsenal of guns and stuff to shooty shoot with that really only one other character does(:ultsnake:)

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It was for a while, but I've noticed a bit of a comeback for the game lately. I think it has something to do with Smash 4 already fading from memory for a lot of people, and after the mixed World of Light released, many were like "yoooo Subspace was so good, I'm gonna replay Brawl now!" And, while I do think that Brawl's competitive balance is certainly the worst character balance the series has ever had, the casual side of the game is still fantastic and holds up. If you want to play competitive Brawl, it'll be tough to get into, especially since very few play it anymore. But if you wanna have some fun in classic mode, all-star mode, story mode, and especially in main mode with any stage and with items on? You're gonna have a good time.
Brawl was always popular. It just had the illusion of being unpopular because of how vocal its detractors were.

We need to take into perspective that the competitive community is only a tiny slivee of the fanbase. Most people play Smash with items turned on, playing on the couch with friends and family. Stuff like random tripping and Meta Knight aren't going to bother people as much if they aren't trying to win tournaments.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Brawl was always popular. It just had the illusion of being unpopular because of how vocal its detractors were.

We need to take into perspective that the competitive community is only a tiny slivee of the fanbase. Most people play Smash with items turned on, playing on the couch with friends and family. Stuff like random tripping and Meta Knight aren't going to bother people as much if they aren't trying to win tournaments.
Of course. I meant to imply that with my own thoughts on Brawl.

I am someone who plays in tournaments regularly, so I do have more of a focus on the competitive scene than the average Smash person. However, I do my best to see things from a more carefree, casual side of things. And, Brawl's casual appeal is strong in spades.

Out of all the Smash games, I'd put it in a mid-tier position. Project+ is my favorite game for sure, but I would certainly rather play Brawl than the OG or Smash 4.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
House Hunting is stressing me out, even though it’s going well all things considered.

What do you guys do to chill out?
Well, I just had the most stressful week of college, and you know what I did?

Played Splatoon 2. And then Dowloaded Minecraft.

Yeah, gaming and art is what I do when I jeed to decompress, but mainly games that aren't high energy and ultra competitive.

duxx

Smash Ace
I just played a bit of brawl with a few friends a couple days ago. We agreed on no infinite chaingrabs, and if you picked meta knight everyone would poke fun at you if you lost (or came close to losing). all in all it held up decently well.
(ofc playing with friends in a basement is completely different than evo grand finals, but it was still very fun)

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I just played a bit of brawl with a few friends a couple days ago. We agreed on no infinite chaingrabs, and if you picked meta knight everyone would poke fun at you if you lost (or came close to losing). all in all it held up decently well.
(ofc playing with friends in a basement is completely different than evo grand finals, but it was still very fun)
That's sounds like a really swell time haha

I had a lot of Brawl characters I loved playing. Currently, my favorite is Ness, but I loved using Mario, Falco, and Pikachu growing up. I also really enjoyed using Wario, Fox, and Marth.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I've made the list of anime films I've watched. I'm close to 25 so I might leave it for another day.

Plus I decide to do some world history reading as that's a guilty pleasure of mine instead.

Reading about revolutions and all that being Irish. Also St Patricks Day is coming up so I should try and make some funny post for it.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Of course. I meant to imply that with my own thoughts on Brawl.

I am someone who plays in tournaments regularly, so I do have more of a focus on the competitive scene than the average Smash person. However, I do my best to see things from a more carefree, casual side of things. And, Brawl's casual appeal is strong in spades.

Out of all the Smash games, I'd put it in a mid-tier position. Project+ is my favorite game for sure, but I would certainly rather play Brawl than the OG or Smash 4.
Smash 4 was legit perfect, and then they added Corrin, Cloud, and Bayo and all the unga bunga that came with the patches and character changes that really just ruined the game competitively.

Imo, it was at it's best when Shiek was top 1 and before Cloud was released.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Smash 4 was legit perfect, and then they added Corrin, Cloud, and Bayo and all the unga bunga that came with the patches and character changes that really just ruined the game competitively.

Imo, it was at it's best when Shiek was top 1 and before Cloud was released.
That's the deal with 4; it's a game of 2 eras.

Pre-2016 was nice. Character balancing was fairly effective, and Sheik, Diddy Kong, Mario, and Rosalina were all in a very tight race to see who was the best character in the game. ZSS, Fox, Sonic, and others weren't too far behind, either! It was a wonderful game of rock-paper-scissors.

Then... post-2016. Bayonetta with the extreme sauce, Cloud with heavy sauce, and the balance changes began having less weight and really hurt the game from a competitive standpoint.

Casually, it's not bad. Although I do wish that it had a story mode to help it hold up, because Smash Tour felt like an unworthy replacement. Smash Run on the 3ds version was fun at least.

duxx

Smash Ace
Double post
I think about Rockson Emmanuel a lot

Hey for everyone feeling stressed or sad I found the cure:

lmao i love watching risu

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I remember when I was 15 when we moved out of state. To say that the process of finding a buyer was a nightmare is an understatement. I lived my entire life in one county (Pierce County, Washington) up until that point. And keep in mind, this was 2006, 2 years before the crash :yoshi:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That's the deal with 4; it's a game of 2 eras.

Pre-2016 was nice. Character balancing was fairly effective, and Sheik, Diddy Kong, Mario, and Rosalina were all in a very tight race to see who was the best character in the game. ZSS, Fox, Sonic, and others weren't too far behind, either! It was a wonderful game of rock-paper-scissors.

Then... post-2016. Bayonetta with the extreme sauce, Cloud with heavy sauce, and the balance changes began having less weight and really hurt the game from a competitive standpoint.

Casually, it's not bad. Although I do wish that it had a story mode to help it hold up, because Smash Tour felt like an unworthy replacement. Smash Run on the 3ds version was fun at least.
I also hated the way they buffed characters. They gave them one unga bunga change that turned them into a complete one note playstyle, like Bowser or DK's main gameplan just grabbing and up throwing to death. Like, they put all the buffs into Mewtwo, and just half assed everyine else.

D

Deleted member

I know we're not talking about it anymore, but one thing I've kinda always wanted to have is a bookshelf, just not filled with any books, just complete collections of books from my childhood.

Like, I read A LOT of books as a kid. So much so, it became a running joke in my family, to the point one of my first usernames ever was "Noseinabook123", and it would be just nice to have them sitting on a shelf next to me should I ever feel nostalgic.

Course, do to a lack of funds and spacing issues I can't exactly have that right now :drsad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My idea of a Kushtaka movie. Watching it slowly stalk and cunningly hunt down poachers before proceeding to kill them viciously and savagery would beauty to my eyes.

If anyone would deserve to be killed in killer creature flicks like that it's them. Payback's a ***** ain't it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom