• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah that’s my modern magic series, the one I’ve been writing excerpts on and working on art for.

On top of poking fun at as well as trying to put new spins on fantasy tropes, I do wanna find some ways to call out Rowling and maybe create better versions of some of her story elements and ideas.
Actually I haven’t decided if I wanna make one of my leads trans. I just wanna make sure I feel capable enough to represent them properly.
Dude I think you've done a better job in one excerpt than one of her books.

I should write but I've been having a lot of fun doing photography in games instead. Could offer my help tonight if you want as I'm thinking a bit about my characters and stuff regardless. Give myself a change and think about it.

Also been thinking about how different our stories are as well.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Dude I think you've done a better job in one excerpt than one of her books.

I should write but I've been having a lot of fun doing photography in games instead. Could offer my help tonight if you want as I'm thinking a bit about my characters and stuff regardless. Give myself a change and think about it.

Also been thinking about how different our stories are as well.
I’m very flattered you think that highly of my work.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
imagine being the CHAD Dav Pilkey and putting legitimate critiques of the school system in your funny haha poopy fart kids' book
Imagine being the Chad Dav Pilkey and have one of the main characters being confirmed LGBT within the series and not trying to halfass representation well after you made it sure that your characters were straight.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I just think Harry Potter is overrated IMO.

Had great worldbuilding but was just eh. Plus it was too thrown in your face back when each film came out in the UK.
I guess it would’ve been pretty heavily marketed in your area, never thought about that

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I make the statement that Makoto Niijima is the greatest and bestest Sega woman of all time, and of course that still tops all of the women The Weed of Speed mentioned (sorry Bayo...but Jeanne could maybe be better with some more screentime), and of course I will be sticking to this claim...but...however...I have caused a chaos that I did not expect. Now if this was Capcom there would be a worse war being committed, but here at Sega we stay calmish enough. We all have our difference in opinions, however...all the women named from Sega are quite amazing as a whole...except this

this right here...this is an unholy answer. This is the E.T. video game levels of bad...Human Centipede 1-3 levels of bad...how could you do this to us Noipoi? Sweet former innocent Noipoi

we will see them again once Sega makes the next Sonic game that continues after Forces and the IDW comics; or they just adapt the comics storyline. Either way they will return home...especially that adorable Cream the Rabbit...I regret my father making that name sound dirty

on a different note...I did it Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 ...I have slain the biggest threat of all time...and at only at 66-71 for each of my teammates...I HAVE SLAIN THAT MOTHER ****** REAPER
I've legitimately never encountered the reaper in any of the Persona games ive played, he never shows up. lol

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think Harry Potter can be removed from Rowling. Her problematic beliefs aren't so essential to the series where they can't be removed. A modern reboot could remove, even fix them. Change Cho's last name, alter goblin depictions, and have some positive representation of LGBT people.

I don't blame anyone for wanting the series to die, though. JK Rowling's views are abhorrent and shouldn't be rewarded. I just don't like letting go of the things I like, this situation with Rowling is like if Sakurai or Masuda turned out to be bigots.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Should I show how extremely paranoid I am and spend an extra £70 on a GPS Tracker for my bike when I get it? Probably.

And I should get a few stickers to help show that it's mine. One of the company logos from The Outer Worlds and one of the nation emblems from Xenoblade 2 or Emil's head from Nier could work.

Man getting older has done a number on me mentally.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we wanna talk media similar to/ based off of Harry Potter, Wizard101 is straight up based off of it(to a fault anyway: Harry never talks to a huge living tree that holds the entire combined universe togheter or travels the dusty dunes of a desert filled with anthro lizards and reptiles for example) and being family friendly does help the story not devolve that much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just think Harry Potter is overrated IMO.

Had great worldbuilding but was just eh. Plus it was too thrown in your face back when each film came out in the UK.
I read harry potter when I was a middle school which was way above my reading level.

Im a ***** for magic fantasy
I ****ing love magic fantasy ****

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’ve honestly read way too much books for my own good.

Most I only remember brief sections of(for example, I remember one series where the premise is that magic/magic creatures live on reserved land)
but a few like Percy Jackson, Wings of Fire, Warrior Cats, etc, have been ingrained into my mind for one reason or another.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom