• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
You ever realize that in Gen 1, Dig and Earthquake have the exact same damage output? With the only difference being that Dig takes 2 turns, but at the tradeoff of being near-invincible for a turn?
Or give you the opportunity to switch into a Flying Pokémon.
Plus, Dig is generally banned due to a game breaking glitch.

D

Deleted member

You ever realize that in Gen 1, Dig and Earthquake have the exact same damage output? With the only difference being that Dig takes 2 turns, but at the tradeoff of being near-invincible for a turn?
Dig was kinda absurd for in-game in Gen1. You get a 100BP move that the AI can't deal with just after the second gym. Just in time for Lt. Surge as well.

Gen 1 is bonkers and I love it.

D

Deleted member

The song that plays when you're about to get clobbered by enemies with 2x your health and talents

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Huh, I never knew that. Cool.

Speaking of weird/interesting Pokémon move facts, after playing PMD on the Switch last night, I came to find Attract is actually not a bad status effect in that game. In fact, Mystery Dungeon games have a habit of making status moves suuuuuuper good compared to mainline Pokémon.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Xenoblade near end game boss spoilers, just in case...
I don't remember Dragon King Alcar being this easy. First time this boss gave me a hell of a time. Wasn't until I went over the tutorials and found some special way to topple that I was able to beat him. Now I didn't even need to topple him at all, didn't even need a chain attack. Then again, second playthrough I know what I'm doing a lot better. Also possibility that he may have been nerfed from the previous game, which is something that does happen in remasters sometimes, though I'm not 100% sure. Another thing is, I'm actually using gems this time around, as the first time through I found it too confusing and didn't bother.

I think it'd be cool if Alcar was a recurring boss in the Xenoblade series. Then again haven't played Torna yet so don't know if he shows up there or not.Either way he could essentially be akin to Xenoblade's Bahamut, but considering how much happens, especially during the end-game it does seem likely that Alcar would be looked over fairly easily.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Xenoblade near end game boss spoilers, just in case...
I don't remember Dragon King Alcar being this easy. First time this boss gave me a hell of a time. Wasn't until I went over the tutorials and found some special way to topple that I was able to beat him. Now I didn't even need to topple him at all, didn't even need a chain attack. Then again, second playthrough I know what I'm doing a lot better. Also possibility that he may have been nerfed from the previous game, which is something that does happen in remasters sometimes, though I'm not 100% sure. Another thing is, I'm actually using gems this time around, as the first time through I found it too confusing and didn't bother.

I think it'd be cool if Alcar was a recurring boss in the Xenoblade series. Then again haven't played Torna yet so don't know if he shows up there or not.Either way he could essentially be akin to Xenoblade's Bahamut, but considering how much happens, especially during the end-game it does seem likely that Alcar would be looked over fairly easily.
Think you using gems this time around is why he was easy.

The right gems on the right characters can make a battle that much easier.

Also, he ain't the only dragon enemy in XB1, there's 2 more and one is a superboss.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Avatar has the highest grossing film of all time spot again...cause of course it would. Idk whether it was a Cameron decision or not to do this, but it was sure petty as hell

then I end up supporting Avengers if they did it back at them cause of course I would

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Avatar has the highest grossing film of all time spot again...cause of course it would. Idk whether it was a Cameron decision or not to do this, but it was sure petty as hell

then I end up supporting Avengers if they did it back at them cause of course I would
Take comfort in knowing that Avengers is overall a more memorable film than Avatar.

Avatar came out at the right time and during the Christmas season. It also had very good 3D effects at the time that could only be truly enjoyed in Imax which meant you had to go see in theaters to get the best experience possible at the time.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So I was fortunate enough to watch Tim Story's version of the Tom & Jerry film and if Terence says that "he is going insane" and Spike pooped on the crossing, that pretty much summarises the entire film for me.

Anyways here is my review:

Tim Story and Warner Animation Group’s attempt to market the film based on its nostalgia failed to capture the reminiscence on what made the two such a huge icon and instead shoehorned them as side characters to support the uninteresting and uninspired human cast within an unhumorous and bland story plot.

I believe someone earlier in this thread mentioned about the soundtrack and I have to agree with them. The music is what really brings the fun personalities of Tom and Jerry in the classic cartoons as well as producing good build-up and anticipation. But here in the film, it was stuffed with Hip-Hop based soundtrack which kind of felt rather empty and does not match very well parts of the scene.

Even though the film brought in the likes of Chloe Grace Moretz and Michael Pena (aka Luis from Ant-Man), they were not able to bring their best performances throughout the film. In addition, I'm not entirely sure how Colin Jost landed a role within the film as his entire performance felt like watching an emotionless robot who seemed to be stuck with the same stone cold expression on almost every scene he appeared.

My Overall Rating: 2/10

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Ironic how Disney stole that title from Disney.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Think you using gems this time around is why he was easy.

The right gems on the right characters can make a battle that much easier.

Also, he ain't the only dragon enemy in XB1, there's 2 more and one is a superboss.
I see. I definitely stocked up on Spike Defense and Agility gems to minimize damage taken, especially on Reyn since he's my meat shield.

I'll definitely have to hunt down these other dragons at some point. There are plenty of areas I haven't fully explored yet.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ahem

Hi osby osby , hope you're having a nice day.
I see. I definitely stocked up on Spike Defense and Agility gems to minimize damage taken, especially on Reyn since he's my meat shield.

I'll definitely have to hunt down these other dragons at some point. There are plenty of areas I haven't fully explored yet.
One of the dragon can only be fought by completing Colony 6, and you can only fight it once.

The other is in the same place as Final Marcus, tho it only apparear at night & on a blizzard.

Oh, and it's level 120, and as....a little surprise I won't spoil here. :)

Good luck, pal.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Ranked Battle's a fine, but Turf War's really weird because sometimes it's fine, but other times the entire team has short ranged weapons vs 3 chargers for some reason.
Ooooooohhhhhh

Yeah, that.

TBH IDK if there’s a fix for that: It might segment the matchmaking too much if they tried to split people up for weapon usage.
I’ve seen matches where teams like that can win, though: It mostly depends on how good your snipers are and the map. A team of snipers holding mid in Arowana Mall could dominate if they can hold that line.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Thanks, it's been going well so far.

Also, nice coincidence. I just rewatched Emperor's New Grooves last week after like a decade.
Ooooh right, Emperor's New Grooves, Emperor's New Grooves is the movie where Kronk apparear, Kronk first appareance is Emperor's New Grooves , Kronk's New Grooves...

That Emperor's New Grooves?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ooooh right, Emperor's New Grooves, Emperor's New Grooves is the movie where Kronk apparear, Kronk first appareance is Emperor's New Grooves , Kronk's New Grooves...

That Emperor's New Grooves?
Yes! That Emperor's New Groove!

Seriously though, the jokes in that movie aged fantastically. Looking back, the plot was kinda lacking but the characters more than made up for it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Take comfort in knowing that Avengers is overall a more memorable film than Avatar.

Avatar came out at the right time and during the Christmas season. It also had very good 3D effects at the time that could only be truly enjoyed in Imax which meant you had to go see in theaters to get the best experience possible at the time.
the release from the last is fine and all, taking advantage of 3D being new to a massive movie and all...but the issue comes from the lack of acceptance James Cameron seems to have over a comic book movie outperforming his. I’m sure Endgame is gonna be rereleased in theaters sometime this year, but it really does come off as petty
Ironic how Disney stole that title from Disney.
Disney soon realizes that it’s a former Fox product then has a Disney made movie tops it...inb4 Frozen 3

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ooooooohhhhhh

Yeah, that.

TBH IDK if there’s a fix for that: It might segment the matchmaking too much if they tried to split people up for weapon usage.
I’ve seen matches where teams like that can win, though: It mostly depends on how good your snipers are and the map. A team of snipers holding mid in Arowana Mall could dominate if they can hold that line.
In my expirence, snipers are either gods at the game or complete garbage. But yeah, it still boils down to how skilled and coordinated your team is.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yes! That Emperor's New Groove!

Seriously though, the jokes in that movie aged fantastically. Looking back, the plot was kinda lacking but the characters more than made up for it.
Gotcha!

Yeah, it's definitly a movie that is carried by it's fantastic humor & characters than the actual plot, which is pretty much made fun of almost every 5 minutes or less.

It's not bad per say, but i'm guessin' it ain't the reason why most peoples comeback to this movie. Which imo, is fine, not every movies need to have a great plot to be well remembered and/or loved.

Last edited:

MooMew64

In my expirence, snipers are either gods at the game or complete garbage. But yeah, it still boils down to how skilled and coordinated your team is.
It's also really hard to coordinate with randoms in matchmaking.

Speaking from experience as a Splatoon 2 and Destiny 2 veteran: Sometime you can find people who work well together...But most of the time it's complete chaos, lol.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's also really hard to coordinate with randoms in matchmaking.

Speaking from experience as a Splatoon 2 and Destiny 2 veteran: Sometime you can find people who work well together...But most of the time it's complete chaos, lol.
Every Splatoon Team got the:
Dualie who loves rolling out of bounds
Sniper who can't aim for life
AFK Roller
Shooter that keeps dying to the enemy Inkbrush.

MooMew64

Every Splatoon Team got the:
Dualie who loves rolling out of bounds
Sniper who can't aim for life
AFK Roller
Shooter that keeps dying to the enemy Inkbrush.
And then there's that one time I found two people role-playing as a couple on my team.

Splatoon lobbies are truly a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

...Other than if they opposite team's names have Japanese characters in them, you're screwed, lol.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel called out
although honestly I’d say my aim is half decent, but I’m probably super rusty from not playing in who knows how long
Can't aim? Play the Clash Blaster. It even has crayons you can eat, because that's Clash Blaster main's favorite snack.

And then there's that one time I found two people role-playing as a couple on my team.

Splatoon lobbies are truly a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

...Other than if they opposite team's names have Japanese characters in them, you're screwed, lol.
I'm on Rank X Rainmaker, and I remember I used to be like top 300 for it.

And then I started facing teams that were all top 10 pro-level players, and needless to say I wasn't a top 300 anynore.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So I was fortunate enough to watch Tim Story's version of the Tom & Jerry film and if Terence says that "he is going insane" and Spike pooped on the crossing, that pretty much summarises the entire film for me.

Anyways here is my review:

Tim Story and Warner Animation Group’s attempt to market the film based on its nostalgia failed to capture the reminiscence on what made the two such a huge icon and instead shoehorned them as side characters to support the uninteresting and uninspired human cast within an unhumorous and bland story plot.

I believe someone earlier in this thread mentioned about the soundtrack and I have to agree with them. The music is what really brings the fun personalities of Tom and Jerry in the classic cartoons as well as producing good build-up and anticipation. But here in the film, it was stuffed with Hip-Hop based soundtrack which kind of felt rather empty and does not match very well parts of the scene.

Even though the film brought in the likes of Chloe Grace Moretz and Michael Pena (aka Luis from Ant-Man), they were not able to bring their best performances throughout the film. In addition, I'm not entirely sure how Colin Jost landed a role within the film as his entire performance felt like watching an emotionless robot who seemed to be stuck with the same stone cold expression on almost every scene he appeared.

My Overall Rating: 2/10
So sorry you had the unfortunate watching through that.
Slowly loosing my will to draw anymore
I on the other hand I'm losing my will to rationally think thanks to these compulsive thoughts being suddenly attached to me for the last few days. It's driving me nuts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can't aim? Play the Clash Blaster. It even has crayons you can eat, because that's Clash Blaster main's favorite snack.
Blasters are honestly one of my least favorite weapon types tbh.

The idea of a shotgun-but-not-really is pretty interesting but I don't really like having to get up and personal with enemies without a way to disengage(something like the Inkbrush for example) and it uses way too much ink per shot for my liking. They're not bad or anything, just not my thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom