• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I like how y'all care more about spoilers than Sakurai
Yeah, there's honestly no point in hiding it anymore with the spirit being right there.

Also thought it was funny how Sakurai unnecessarily blurred it out in the showcase.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hey Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , if you got time in your hands & don't mind answering it, I got a question:

Which type of Mii /Brawler, Gunner/Sword) the Omori Cast would fit best? ( Omori, Kel, Aubrey, Hero, Basil, Mari to be precise, not sure if their real world counterpart would be different or not)
Omori would be the swordfighter, since he uses a knife. Aubrey would probably be a swordie as well, just replace the sword with her giant plush she swings around. I could also see Hero being a swordie and using a rolling pin. Kel attacks with a ball, and brawlers throw a heavy ball as their netural special, so Kel would probably be a brawler. Not sure about Mari.
While the screen borders cut it off, Basil is shown to have a knife during his battle if you rip the sprite, so he'd be a swordfighter as well.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Guys. What if, lol, what if. The last character ever revealed tries to commit the K. Rool fakeout, and the silhouette looks like Goku from the original DragonBall (in a copyright neutral way) and then when he pulls off the disguise it's Goku from Yuyuki but it's not a fake-out, it's the actual trailer, and then it goes on and that's the character that gets added to Smash.

I still want Sakurai to pull that as an epic troll moment.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, there's honestly no point in hiding it anymore with the spirit being right there.

Also thought it was funny how Sakurai unnecessarily blurred it out in the showcase.
Him also saying Pneuma multiple times doesn't help. Speaking of, I ****ing hate that alt because you can't tell who's who at a quick glance, especially as the best Smash player I know loves it and refuses to use anything else

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Guys. What if, lol, what if. The last character ever revealed tries to commit the K. Rool fakeout, and the silhouette looks like Goku from the original DragonBall (in a copyright neutral way) and then when he pulls off the disguise it's Goku from Yuyuki but it's not a fake-out, it's the actual trailer, and then it goes on and that's the character that gets added to Smash.

I still want Sakurai to pull that as an epic troll moment.
I mean, I guess it'd be funny for a minute or two...but who actually wants them to waste one of the last two slots on that character? lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You guys have no problem spoiling FE, what's stopping you from spoiling Xenoblade? ****, don't set limitations on yourselves. Go beyond. Go forth.

Just don't spoil Pokemon **** or I'll stick you with a Sun On A Stick.
You fight Arceus in Pokemon Legends: Attack And Dethrone God. You also see Team Galactic's origins.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You can't be a gamer and have a girlfriend at the same time, Noipoi Noipoi .

Us gamers will never get the respects we deserve to be not treated like items by society.
Omori would be the swordfighter, since he uses a knife. Aubrey would probably be a swordie as well, just replace the sword with her giant plush she swings around. I could also see Hero being a swordie and using a rolling pin. Kel attacks with a ball, and brawlers throw a heavy ball as their netural special, so Kel would probably be a brawler. Not sure about Mari.
While the screen borders cut it off, Basil is shown to have a knife during his battle if you rip the sprite, so he'd be a swordfighter as well.
Omori make sense, for Aubrey, not sure if a Mii Costume can replicate that, I could see her real world counterpart being a brawler too, but will see, Hero seem like a gunner if only because he can heal & Mii Gunner can heal itself with one of it's down-B, but I have to see, and Kel perfect sense.

For Mari

I guess I could make her a fighter and give her the side-B that allow you to suicide if you land it off stage, and/or the one down-b that make you fall like a truck...

But I think that might be a bit too dark with context.

Basil make alot of sense, tho a bit torn with Gunner or Swordie, but eh, guess I see.

Still, thanks alot for the help.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I dunno, Sakurai seems to think so.
Sakurai seemed to think so a month or two ago when he made that video.

Or he's trying to throw us off to better secure the surprise.

IDK. I can't stop going back to how sure people were when Fighters Pass 1 was in it's final few characters that it was going to be the last one and that FP2 was an unlikely pipe dream and Sakurai just wanted to go on vacation.

Not to mention how profitable the Smash DLC and keeping Ultimate alive would be for nintendo.

D

Deleted member

I’ve been listening to a bunch of anime openings from anime I watched as a kid, and man, Fairy Tail has some banger openings

Noipoi

Howdy!
It doesn’t work that way

when Fighters Pass 1 was in it's final few characters that it was going to be the last one and that FP2 was an unlikely pipe dream and Sakurai just wanted to go on vacation.

Not to mention how profitable the Smash DLC and keeping Ultimate alive would be for nintendo.
I don’t recall him reiterating that FP1 was it over and over back in 2019, but I could be remembering wrong.

Look I’m not saying to can’t happen, but I’m saying getting your hopes up for it probably won’t work out.

But hey, if you wanna get your hopes up then go ahead. I know how important it is for you to hope. Don’t let me stomp all over your hope.

You can't be a gamer and have a girlfriend at the same time, Noipoi Noipoi .

Us gamers will never get the respects we deserve to be not treated like items by society.

How I want to be free of the gamer curse

50E8B2B5-8723-46A8-BF91-5283A55035F4.jpeg

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

IDK. I can't stop going back to how sure people were when Fighters Pass 1 was in it's final few characters that it was going to be the last one and that FP2 was an unlikely pipe dream and Sakurai just wanted to go on vacation.

I can see a situation where Nintendo pays Sakurai to keep going because this is lucrative for them, easily. They love money after all.

But i don't think it's actually happening

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It doesn’t work that way

I don’t recall him reiterating that FP1 was it over and over back in 2019, but I could be remembering wrong.

Look I’m not saying to can’t happen, but I’m saying getting your hopes up for it probably won’t work out.

But hey, if you wanna get your hopes up then go ahead. I know how important it is for you to hope. Don’t let me stomp all over your hope.

How I want to be free of the gamer curse

View attachment 306194
You can't escape it.

Gamer one day, gamer forever.

After all, gamers don't die,

They respawn.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Some think Mega Evolutions in Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl isn't impossible.

If so, do you think Galarian Slowbro can mega evolve?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Btw Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

Hope my jokes about Mari in my previous post weren't too dark for your tastes.

Thanks to the fandom, part of me can't help but memes about that part, and it make me feel both awful and also lessen the pain of that moment somewhat.

God damn you, Omori fans and your stair jokes. :sadeyes:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They really gave SS4 Gogeta an Insta-Kill in FighterZ. Pretty wild, but I guess that's a little bit more of Guilty Gear popping in the game. I dunno if DBFZ is gonna get a Season 4 or not. But I hope if they can't give it rollback, the potential 2nd game(it sold more than 6 million afterall), can have it, and they hopefully can re-use as many character assets as possible, to keep all the cool characters.

If they ever get to a Shonen Jump All-Stars game, I really hope Yugi gets an Insta-Kill with Exodia. It's too perfect of an idea.

Went online yesterday and played more matches with Mega Man. The connections weren't AS crusty. If there's even one benefit of Smash's online its that the game's so popular your bound to find people close to you. Still I had a few noticable crust matches.

Mythra is extremely annoying to fight against, not as annoying as Sonic or Ness for me though. Luckily Mega Man can answer with some zoning and he's heavy as hell. Pyra's less annoying, but there's always people who like to spam the same move, and her Side-B is something people REALLY like spamming. Generally, she's manageable, but if you screw up you REALLY pay for it.

If there's one buff I want for Mega Man its more grab range damn it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the only lies I said were the ones you put in my mouth

Shroob

Sup?

Has he? Because for as much as people quote Sakurai saying this in regards to Fighter's Pass 1, I legit cannot find anything unless I'm looking in the wrong places, on top of "More DLC" being announced alongside Banjo's release.

Like, I'm down for a 3rd pass no doubt, but he said it with Min Min, and then he said it not once, but twice with P/M.

My stance is to NOT expect a 3rd pass, so if one happens, then I'll be pleasantly surprised, and if it doesn't? Well, I was told 3 times it wasn't coming.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Btw Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

Hope my jokes about Mari in my previous post weren't too dark for your tastes.

Thanks to the fandom, part of me can't help but memes about that part, and it make me feel both awful and also lessen the pain of that moment somewhat.

God damn you, Omori fans and your stair jokes. :sadeyes:
Oh nah, no worries, I like dark humor. 👍

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh nah, no worries, I like dark humor. 👍
Pfioooooou, good to know.

Was worried for a sec because I know this kind of jokes can come across in very bad taste to some peoples, or even peoples that are usually cool with it if done at the wrong time.

Soooooo yeah, glad we're cool! :grin:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Pfioooooou, good to know.

Was worried for a sec because I know this kind of jokes can come across in very bad taste to some peoples, or even peoples that are usually cool with it if done at the wrong time.

Soooooo yeah, glad we're cool! :grin:
Yeah, it's definitely something ya gotta be careful with. It's easy to accidentally cross the border between humorous and insensitive, so I usually don't make dark jokes myself unless I'm certain it won't offend who I'm talking to.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, it's definitely something ya gotta be careful with. It's easy to accidentally cross the border between humorous and insensitive, so I usually don't make dark jokes myself unless I'm certain it won't offend who I'm talking to.
Fully agree with ya there, very glad I didn't **** up here. :lol:

On another note, or rather, the last note for me today:

Just did the Mii of Omori, Mari, Aubrey & Kel.

Still got Hero & Basil to do, but will do it tomorrow.

I'm thinking of doing other Omori characters too, like Capt.Spaceboy, Sweetheart & RealLife!Aubrey, but not really sure, will have to see later.

On that all said, have a good night, folks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom