• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh my god why can I not find an official upload of the third Ninjago season

You upload the first two and then nope out of the third for whatever reason? mannnnnn......

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
idk if I'll end up being awake before or by 6am...cause I gotta save that energy for the WandaVision finale. Wake up early one day then late the other

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'll be the only one lost on every reference to XBC2 made...I'll focus on Sakurai...and I guess the boobs are there as well...but I want Sakurai

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So Laid-Back Camp's Virtual Camping game is now up. £17.

I'll be buying it for two reasons........in the morning.

1. Laid Back Camp
2. I have a feeling the developers are gonna be onto a great project by someone like Nintendo in the future.

I've been waiting three years for this moment.
Oh Yeah? Well I've been waiting six years for this moment! I'm cooler /s

So dude, what's the prediction from my fellow Xenoblader on the presentation? I'm predicting music tracks on the number of the higher end this time (15 or so) and KOS-MOS featured in some form.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Currently made it 2 seasons into Ed Edd n Eddy and I gotta say...

Still as funny as it was years ago.

The soundtrack helps out too. Lots of jazz and all that.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I just have to say...under the assumption there's no third pass (which I don't think there will be anyways) and that Elma's pretty much out of the running.

Can we get some music from Xenoblade X please? Like even if it's just one or two songs, throw us a bone over here!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just reached the point in Persona 5 Strikers where Zenkichi gets his Persona (does it count as a spoiler if it's in the game's advertising?), and he's fun to play as. While I don't think we'll be getting a Persona 5 Arena game (I'm guessing that Strikers is meant as P5's equivalent to Arena, since it's a continuation of the story with a different developer and genre), I'd love to see Arc System Works make a game with Persona 5's unique style.

I'm not sure how big the roster would be. The eight "core" Phantom Thieves, plus the two who are added in Royal, the two who are added in Strikers, and the Velvet Room attendant(s) would make for thirteen playable characters already (assuming that Futaba is playable, since Rise was a non-combatant-turned-playable character in P4A - whether it's Caroline and Justine or Lavenza, I think they'd act as one character), which seems like a lot if they're starting from scratch. Having aged-up versions of Persona 4 characters would be great (given their ties to the police, Yu, Naoto, and Chie seem like a must if they're going that route), but maybe they'd save that for Persona 5 Arena Treasure Edition or something like that.

I haven't played much of Persona 4 Arena, but so far, the biggest issue that I've noticed is that, since the entire roster consists of good guys (at least in the original game), the reasons for them to fight in story mode seem rather questionable. (for example, both Yu and Yukiko know that they're being manipulated, have a rough idea of how they're being manipulated, and yet they fight all-out anyway) Maybe a conflict between the Persona 4 cast (who act as an Investigation Team) and the Persona 5 cast (who are the Phantom Thieves) would do a better job at justifying it, but that seems like it would balloon the roster by quite a bit. (bare minimum, that's another eight or nine characters, depending on whether or not Marie counts - I haven't played Persona 4 Golden)

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Welp, see you guys tomorrow evening: I'm goin' on a Nintendo-side of the internet break again until I can see those Mii Costumes for myself.

Just gonna say RIP Lloyd and Yuri in advance: Lloyd would've been neat, and Yuri was a top 5. 😔

...It's all good, though: I've gotten a stupid amount of wishlist stuff from this game already, lol.

D

Deleted member

Apparently Sackchief got uncovered as a PoS who drove people to almost committing suicide, made too much abuse of his online popularity and doxxed people in the community:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I'm dissapointed, but not surprised. It honestly kinda showed from some tweets and Discord posts that he had too much ego.

Wanted to post about that because idk how to feel right now because of It.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just have to say...under the assumption there's no third pass (which I don't think there will be anyways) and that Elma's pretty much out of the running.

Can we get some music from Xenoblade X please? Like even if it's just one or two songs, throw us a bone over here!
X's soundtrack is so underrated i need them songs

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Apparently Sackchief got uncovered as a PoS who drove people to almost committing suicide, made too much abuse of his online popularity and doxxed people in the community:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I'm dissapointed, but not surprised. It honestly kinda showed from some tweets and Discord posts that he had too much ego.

Wanted to post about that because idk how to feel right now because of It.
Bruh no ****ing way.

What the hell man.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just reached the point in Persona 5 Strikers where Zenkichi gets his Persona (does it count as a spoiler if it's in the game's advertising?), and he's fun to play as. While I don't think we'll be getting a Persona 5 Arena game (I'm guessing that Strikers is meant as P5's equivalent to Arena, since it's a continuation of the story with a different developer and genre), I'd love to see Arc System Works make a game with Persona 5's unique style.

I'm not sure how big the roster would be. The eight "core" Phantom Thieves, plus the two who are added in Royal, the two who are added in Strikers, and the Velvet Room attendant(s) would make for thirteen playable characters already (assuming that Futaba is playable, since Rise was a non-combatant-turned-playable character in P4A - whether it's Caroline and Justine or Lavenza, I think they'd act as one character), which seems like a lot if they're starting from scratch. Having aged-up versions of Persona 4 characters would be great (given their ties to the police, Yu, Naoto, and Chie seem like a must if they're going that route), but maybe they'd save that for Persona 5 Arena Treasure Edition or something like that.

I haven't played much of Persona 4 Arena, but so far, the biggest issue that I've noticed is that, since the entire roster consists of good guys (at least in the original game), the reasons for them to fight in story mode seem rather questionable. (for example, both Yu and Yukiko know that they're being manipulated, have a rough idea of how they're being manipulated, and yet they fight all-out anyway) Maybe a conflict between the Persona 4 cast (who act as an Investigation Team) and the Persona 5 cast (who are the Phantom Thieves) would do a better job at justifying it, but that seems like it would balloon the roster by quite a bit. (bare minimum, that's another eight or nine characters, depending on whether or not Marie counts - I haven't played Persona 4 Golden)
I just want a P5A so we can get aged up P4 gang, the only one we see in the present day is Rise on a advertisement in P5, i want to see the rest of the gang.

Dutch Raikuna

Seriously begging for Uncontrollable and if a nice plus................a battle theme from Xenosaga.

Like come on! We need some homage to Xenosaga! Or even better................Project X Zone.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Seriously begging for Uncontrollable and if a nice plus................a battle theme from Xenosaga.

Like come on! We need some homage to Xenosaga! Or even better................Project X Zone.
I'm almost expecting a KOS MOS costume. She at least was in XC2.

Dutch Raikuna

I'm almost expecting a KOS MOS costume. She at least was in XC2.
Honestly I'm drawing a blank as to a reason why shouldn't be represented in any form. She's in a way still the mascot of Monolith Soft.

I'll be a hundred billion percent confused if she has no representation. I'm thinking spirit and a battle theme from one of the games for her.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Why does the GBA have so many RPGs? Five of them are remakes of Final Fantasy games, and the other half is Fire Emblem.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Why does the GBA have so many RPGs? Five of them are remakes of Final Fantasy games, and the other half is Fire Emblem.
Because RPGs are popular and have been linked to the success of consoles in Japan in the past, where most RPG developers were Japanese. Also handheld form factor suits them well as a means to pass lots of time while on the move.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just got to the calling card for the fakeout villain of strikers, because every Persona game has a fakeout villain, my god this was ****ing hype.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Because RPGs are popular and have been linked to the success of consoles in Japan in the past, where most RPG developers were Japanese. Also handheld form factor suits them well as a means to pass lots of time while on the move.
I own FFIV on the DS, so I think you’re right on that one.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The GBA’s remake library:
Yoshi’s Island
Super Mario World
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
A Link to the Past
Mario Bros.
Mario 3
Mario 2
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
A whole lot more, the library’s pretty much just remakes of games.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Dude if I had that skill in my writing, I'd have gotten to 100 pages months ago.

Don't think you're not good enough.
On the contrary, keep thinking your not that good so that you'll never become hot **** and think that your work doesn't need to improve.

I rather think I'm bad and keep striving for perfection rather than thinking I'm perfect and plateuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom