• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The final area in Xenoverse for the evil team was actually kinda of kicking my ass. Your not allowed to leave and I should have listened to the warning to stack up on items lol.

I need to train though and thankfully there is a training area here that also has audino among other Pokémon, so thank the developers for that.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
The final area in Xenoverse for the evil team was actually kinda of kicking my ass. Your not allowed to leave and I should have listened to the warning to stack up on items lol.

I need to train though and thankfully there is a training area here that also has audino among other Pokémon, so thank the developers for that.
Nice to see it's not just this part of the game that's difficult, I guess. What EXP mode did you select? Classic or Modern?

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This ****ing gym leader is a pain. Not only does grinding take forever, her Slurpuff absolutely destroys all of my Party Members bar Elekid within 1-2 hits. And that's after Mimikyu has already claimed several victims. Please tell me there is some easier way to grind or else this is going to be the most ****ing painful thing ever.
You get the lucky egg in the next gyms city. Also what level are you? I was at around 30 and beat the fight easily.

Give the Galavntua you caught frost breath and it basically one shots everything. If you want a hard counter, go catch blumgrim and slurpuff should be unable to really kill it.
Nice to see it's not just this part of the game that's difficult, I guess. What EXP mode did you select? Classic or Modern?
I’m playin go classic because I actually don’t mind the grinding much. It was fun to see all the new evolutions and the music helps because it’s so good to listen to. I found 3 shinies though In training. Although none of them were of new Pokémon lol.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
You get the lucky egg in the next gyms city. Also what level are you? I was at around 30 and beat the fight easily.

Give the Galavntua you caught frost breath and it basically one shots everything. If you want a hard counter, go catch blumgrim and slurpuff should be unable to really kill it.

I’m playin go classic because I actually don’t mind the grinding much. It was fun to see all the new evolutions and the music helps because it’s so good to listen to. I found 3 shinies though In training. Although none of them were of new Pokémon lol.
I was using Hamborger for my Ice type, though I can switch to Galvantula for this gym.

My team's low 20s, bar Cresp and Elekid, who are 18 and 25 respectively. I would grind more, but the Pokemon outside town give literally no EXP. It's kinda my main problem.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I was using Hamborger for my Ice type, though I can switch to Galvantula for this gym.

My team's low 20s, bar Cresp and Elekid, who are 18 and 25 respectively. I would grind more, but the Pokemon outside town give literally no EXP. It's kinda my main problem.
I would aim for maybe 25. If you fish in the town where you get the rod, you should be able to find level 20 gyrados which is easy exp. try to go as far down in the mini game as possible as the further you go the stringer and rarer the Pokémon

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I would aim for maybe 25. If you fish in the town where you get the rod, you should be able to find level 20 gyrados which is easy exp. try to go as far down in the mini game as possible as the further you go the stringer and rarer the Pokémon
That would be easy grinding for Shimmer, but Shimmer is useless during this fight as he's OHKOed by her Slurpuff. For the rest of my guys, that'll be nice if I can take them down.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Me, I prefer rushing in and bashing shadows faces in with quick combos. I actually have to remind myself to use my persona during difficult fights lol!
I like to rush in and bash in (and if possible I will spam the **** out of my Persona)...then I was forced to conserve energy...which saddened me due to not being given SP items until after the first arc.

but oh well I can cook now so the squad is good

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. Very quickly was I able to make up my lost progress from yesterday. So that's nice. I'm probably gonna do a new game plus run of this game to make sure I get all of the requests and powerful personas and dire shadows and max out my party stats.
I like to rush in and bash in (and if possible I will spam the **** out of my Persona)...then I was forced to conserve energy...which saddened me due to not being given SP items until after the first arc.

but oh well I can cook now so the squad is good
Yeah. SP restoring items are maddeningly rare. To the point where I always just leave the dungeon and re-enter once I reach a new checkpoint because there is no penalty for doing that other then the shadows you killed re-spawning and you can warp to any checkpoint. Quickest way to refil your health AND SP to full strength tbh.

Also, I love this game, but at least FF7R (a very similar game) had the common sense to lower the level cap to 50 instead of 100. Maxing everything out in Strikers is a maddeningly slow process. Especially for Joker's personas since he has to EXP share between 10 different Personas.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That would be easy grinding for Shimmer, but Shimmer is useless during this fight as he's OHKOed by her Slurpuff. For the rest of my guys, that'll be nice if I can take them down.
Is Kidoon any good?
Kidoon’s evolution is good. It’s a pure dragon but you need to reach level 30 to evolve it.

Also did you evolve your dog? If you did go to the move relearner if you haven’t as it’s evolution has insane moves.

Also I’m pretty sure the gyarados only have tackle, splash, and like water pulse at level 20 from what I remember. So anything should be able to beat it

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Kidoon’s evolution is good. It’s a pure dragon but you need to reach level 30 to evolve it.

Also did you evolve your dog? If you did go to the move relearner if you haven’t as it’s evolution has insane moves.

Also I’m pretty sure the gyarados only have tackle, splash, and like water pulse at level 20 from what I remember. So anything should be able to beat it
Me: Man, Hamborger can't have that much crazy stu-
Icicle Crash, Blizzard, Ice Shard, Crunch, and Avalanche are all there

Anyway, you're right on one thing. Galvantula safely two hit KOs both Mimikyu and Slurpuff, but Slurpuff landed a Crit and took out Galvantula. Anyway, with Hamborger's buffs I may be able to disable Mimikyu early, allowing Galvantula to safely take out Slurpuff. I have no idea what Smeargle has though.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
March is a pretty damn good time to be a nerd. Or at least the sort of nerd I am. :laugh:

We've got a new Smash character showcase/release. Death Battle returns on the 9th with Yoda vs freaking King Mickey. Crash 4 is coming to the Switch on the 12th. Finally, My Hero Academia starts season 5 on the 27th to bookend the month quite nicely. I'm betting there's other stuff I'm forgetting too!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Death Battle returns on the 9th with Yoda vs freaking King Mickey.
Also, the same show run by two bias fanboys with a loveboner for No Limits Fallacies.

Maybe if they dropped the whole analysis and winner/verdict, it'd be more enjoyable.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Alright. Very quickly was I able to make up my lost progress from yesterday. So that's nice. I'm probably gonna do a new game plus run of this game to make sure I get all of the requests and powerful personas and dire shadows and max out my party stats.

Yeah. SP restoring items are maddeningly rare. To the point where I always just leave the dungeon and re-enter once I reach a new checkpoint because there is no penalty for doing that other then the shadows you killed re-spawning and you can warp to any checkpoint. Quickest way to refil your health AND SP to full strength tbh.

Also, I love this game, but at least FF7R (a very similar game) had the common sense to lower the level cap to 50 instead of 100. Maxing everything out in Strikers is a maddeningly slow process. Especially for Joker's personas since he has to EXP share between 10 different Personas.
SP just hot easier for me to gain so far, so now I'm good...that and my team haven't been using it a lot as well
B-B-B-B-B-B-BOING!
this is completely on Sonic

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think it's a tad more complicated than that, but you seem to have made up your mind.
There was a time in a place when I used to enjoy the show but officially gave up on it when they bought into that holy weapons BS on Bowser vs. Ganondorf.

By their logic Death Battle Ganondorf easily solos Godzilla, Superman, Hulk, Galactus, Goku, Thanos, and Darkseid all at once because they lack holy weapons.

Bowser easily had that fight in the bag and nearly outclassed Ganondorf in every stat. This is the same guy who survived and tanked a god damn black hole. Ganondorf is nowhere comparable to that kind of feat. If it were Death Battle Ganondorf though that wouldn't matter because only holy weapons can harm let alone kill him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, in light of some recent news, I decided to call my cousins a few days ago to talk about how their studies are going right now at Madrid (as they are both depressed about them) and to share with them the trailer of this new Pokémon remake.

Both were happy to hear from me. One of them finally passed an exam for the first time in the career (this is the first time he had been failing exams in a row and he was feeling really bad about It) so I spent sometime talking about that to help him enjoy the moment as he deserved It. My other cousin was spending the night at McDonalds with some friends. Both told me they would check the trailer an hour later or so.

When they both saw the trailer, they replied back to me through WhastApp really excited and feeling nostalgic: the trailer made them remember the days when we spent evenings together figuring out ways to catch each legendary, trading Pokémon to find one which would easily help us get through Cynthia, and all the hype we got for the sequel (Pokémon Platinum) and the respective animated movies. After talking a bit about those memories, they asked me to buy these new remakes (as I am the only one of the three who has a Switch) and that I would wait for them to come for Christmas this year to play It together, just for the sake of the good old days.
And here I am now, thinking about how exciting that moment will be, to play a Pokémon Game with my cousins again after so many years, just like in the old days.

Stuff like this is why I like videogames.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Dunno how many of y’all watch GabaLeth, but I’m gonna be in tommorow’s video.
I can’t believe you’re gonna play Bayonetta

So, in light of some recent news, I decided to call my cousins a few days ago to talk about how their studies are going right now at Madrid (as they are both depressed about them) and to share with them the trailer of this new Pokémon remake.

Both were happy to hear from me. One of them finally passed an exam for the first time in the career (this is the first time he had been failing exams in a row and he was feeling really bad about It) so I spent sometime talking about that to help him enjoy the moment as he deserved It. My other cousin was spending the night at McDonalds with some friends. Both told me they would check the trailer an hour later or so.

When they both saw the trailer, they replied back to me through WhastApp really excited and feeling nostalgic: the trailer made them remember the days when we spent evenings together figuring out ways to catch each legendary, trading Pokémon to find one which would easily help us get through Cynthia, and all the hype we got for the sequel (Pokémon Platinum) and the respective animated movies. After talking a bit about those memories, they asked me to buy these new remakes (as I am the only one of the three who has a Switch) and that I would wait for them to come for Christmas this year to play It together, just for the sake of the good old days.
And here I am now, thinking about how exciting that moment will be, to play a Pokémon Game with my cousins again after so many years, just like in the old days.

Bro? Dog?

This is beautiful.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Note to self: Don't look through Xenoverse's achievements menu. You'll crash the game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
wait a minute...what if the Avengers game made by Koei Tecmo instead of Square? MUA3 went quite swimmingly with Team Ninja, so a Warriors type game for the team could’ve worked far better than what we ended up with

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Thank you for sharing this, this honestly made my day to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom