• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So Lamperouge Lamperouge ended up watching more of Demon Slayer anyways. Now at episode 15 instead from 8. So seven episodes binged.

The show is an animation and music treat but man there is too much fluff and a lot of window dressing. Plus the facial comedy exaggerations just don't fit the show.

I think this anime will end for me placing it in my Category 4 rating (5-7 out of 10) as it's just meh. Right where the likes of Reincarnated as a Slime, No Game No Life and yes Darling in the Franxx is.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
...I'm now in the knowing that I suck with Ann despite her being fast

and I think Yusuke is Link/Lucina fused into one despite having a Chrom voice (same VA of course...but different looks cause Kitagawa is superior)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It also had a cocaine reference.

It wasn’t mature, but it was surprisingly mature for a Pokémon movie.
I remember throughout my first watch of them film when the more mature bits came about me and my buddies in the theater were like "Well i guess this is canon now."

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ann = not my type
Yusuke = Link/Fire Emblem
Haru, Morgana, and Sophia...in development
Ryuji = Good ****
Joker + Makoto = MAINS

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I uploaded this video to YouTube if you want to see my silly dog and my mischievous cat wrestling.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So Lamperouge Lamperouge ended up watching more of Demon Slayer anyways. Now at episode 15 instead from 8. So seven episodes binged.

The show is an animation and music treat but man there is too much fluff and a lot of window dressing. Plus the facial comedy exaggerations just don't fit the show.

I think this anime will end for me placing it in my Category 4 rating (5-7 out of 10) as it's just meh. Right where the likes of Reincarnated as a Slime, No Game No Life and yes Darling in the Franxx is.
Fair enough.

Dutch Raikuna

Looking at Academy Awards for Best Animated feature and anime films over the years:

2002 - Spirited Away won, Lilo and Stitch, Ice Age and Treasure Planet nominated. "Ok ok would have preferred Lilo and Stitch but great nominees all round"

2012 - Brave won, From Up On Poppy Hill not even nominated "Wow, some people don't like anime."

2016 - Zootopia won, Your Name not even nominated "I've no words. You just spat on the anime industry like that. Respect Zootopia so......."

2017 - Boss Baby nominated, A Silent Voice wasn't. "You ****ing serious?"

2019 - How to Train Your Dragon nominated, Weathering With You wasn't. "What the f is wrong with these people? How can another Makoto Shinkai film get ignored by that?"

I swear this is the best year for an anime film to get it won again with Demon Slayer Mugen Train. Ufotable really need internation recognition and along with KyoAni really deserve it.

Fair enough.
Ain't a bad anime though.

Also Darling in the Franxx there really needed more episodes in the second half to pad it better.

You still watching Overlord by the way?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Zenitsu drops this anime a whole 2 points by himself IMO.

Dutch Raikuna

Damn 5:30am? I should go to bed.

The Post Molone concert was...A thing.

Why Post Malone, though?
Cause it can only be a "hot new male artist for the kids to get down with to see Pokémon" if their face is like that of a scribbled sketchbook.

Zenitsu drops this anime a whole 2 points by himself IMO.
And on that you are correct sir. He's one of the issues with it as he never dials it down.

Least Inosuke is crazy as hell and balances out a bit long with the other main characters. His Japanese VA has always been best doing more insane or eccentric personalities. What a shame he's voicing characters like Kirito most of the time instead.

Main issue I'm having the most with the anime is that it's not using it's time period well. This is meant to be 1920's Japan yet is I don't see much of the setting outside of half an episode. Feels way too samey. It's something I consider quite important in story telling to me.

I could add 10 more complaints but ain't dropping it.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ain't a bad anime though.

Also Darling in the Franxx there really needed more episodes in the second half to pad it better.

You still watching Overlord by the way?
While I agree that the second half of Franxx needed more time in the oven and wasn't anything close to what I expected, it's not like the whole VIRM twist came out of complete nowhere since there actually were a few hints sprinkled here and there, most notably with Papa and the others discussing their plan in space at one point and the Klaxosaur Princess' encounter with APE to where she remarks "damned human wannabes". I don't know; I think there's objectively much better anime out there but I can't help but still love the show, and I feel even stronger about it after rewatching it recently with my brother (who also really enjoyed it).

And yeah, I'm going through Overlord slowly but surely. Probably the most average anime I've seen yet with some absolutely horrendous CGI at places.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Alright...I can confirm that Ren, Makoto, and Yusuke are the only Phantom Thieves I can actually play as (Ryuji and Haru are more heavyweight like for me...and I suck with Ann and Sophia)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I will say, the US Government trying to cover their asses by pretending nothing happened and compensating with a 50 dollar gift card is pretty accurate to real life.
That's usually more after catastrophies with ****ty benefits, like disasters and whatnot.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Makoto got some nice eyes...perfect for plotting a good ol fist of justice

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"Mewtwo has some really good mobility, a broken projectile and strong tools all around. I wonder why he's not high tier in this game."

Gets caught in a Mario/Falco combo

"...Oh."

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yo, yo morning y'all and how are y'all doing this morning?

Just gonna be relaxing here for a few hours, then might go on this 2-3 hour hike with my dad, uncle, and maybe cousin. Honestly after all the cabin fever I endured I feel I need it badly.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yo, yo morning y'all and how are y'all doing this morning?

Just gonna be relaxing here for a few hours, then might go on this 2-3 hour hike with my dad, uncle, and maybe cousin. Honestly after all the cabin fever I endured I feel I need it badly.
I’m pretty good! Just been writing and working on videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom