• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just got steamrolled by two Pawniard and my starter went super saiyan. I may need to grind a bit more.
It's a force lose. Your starter doesn't evolve, but changes form. You'll learn why. The battle was just a cool way to show that. The second gym can be tricky though

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also something I saw pointed out. What could possibly be used to promote the shinnoh remakes if there is nothing new? The answer? Nothing. They would not be able to drive the hype up. However if there's new megas and content, then there's your reason to hook people who played the games already and those that haven't.

So i really feel new megas are in. Which is why we haven't seen the title. ORAS had a lot of its release build up being behind new megas, and setup that the remakes are different universe games. So I think that's going to be what happens here.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Also something I saw pointed out. What could possibly be used to promote the shinnoh remakes if there is nothing new? The answer? Nothing. They would not be able to drive the hype up. However if there's new megas and content, then there's your reason to hook people who played the games already and those that haven't.

So i really feel new megas are in. Which is why we haven't seen the title. ORAS had a lot of its release build up being behind new megas, and setup that the remakes are different universe games. So I think that's going to be what happens here.
Maybe they don't really need to hype up new features and they could just easily market both this and legends as a before and after like picture

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Maybe they don't really need to hype up new features and they could just easily market both this and legends as a before and after like picture
Maybe but I kinda of doubt it since that's not how Gamefreak does its marketing and that doesn't really change. I can't see shareholders or higher ups agree that this would be a smart move when DP is their big game for this year and we do not know how early Legends comes out next year. They want the second quarter money, so they really got entice people to buy it during black friday.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Maybe but I kinda of doubt it since that's not how Gamefreak does its marketing and that doesn't really change. I can't see shareholders or higher ups agree that this would be a smart move when DP is their big game for this year and we do not know how early Legends comes out next year. They want the second quarter money, so they really got entice people to buy it during black friday.
Do they though? it's like one of if not the best Pokemon game being put on Switch, it's gonna sell regardless.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Well, Final Fantasy II on NES certainly does not have the gameplay of FFV, that's for sure. Takes incredibly long to level up weapons and magic. Armor's useless too, as it prevents you from leveling up your stats.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do they though? it's like one of if not the best Pokemon game being put on Switch, it's gonna sell regardless.
Its announcement literally pissed off thousands of fans again, with legends stealing the show. I think they want to make sure they can bring the hype back. Hell they spent 10 minutes on all their merchandise in the presents. As the biggest media franchise of all time, they make sure to promote like crazy to keep the money going.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm a fan of Godzilla's Monsterverse but I'm dying so much of boredom waiting to see what the unseen Titans that were in King of the Monsters look like.
It's been 2 years.jpg

Come on it's been two years and we didn't get to see what Bunyip, Orochi, Abaddon, Leviathan and the others look like...
(The only things we have are cool fan art and x-ray skeletons people speculate about too much.)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just realized a National Dex canonicaly can't exist in Legends: Arceus like artificially made Pokémon like Porygon and Type: Null.

Would need time travel for a National Dex to work.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I remember when #PokemonMastersex was trending
Which was definitely intentionally by them imo lol. Pokemon put out that tweet about how people couldn't see the new merch if they didn't behave or something among those lines lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
!!!!!I JUST DID MY FIRST FIST OF JUSTICE AND IT KILLED ALL THE ****ERS THANK YOU MAKOTO NIIJIMA!!!!!

#QUEENBEBLESSINGHERSQUAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom