• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Why do you care about your post count? Just a question.
Just curious about why it was lowered. I used to care about post count during like 2009 or sometime but then I stopped coming to SWF because there was nothing to do. Then I saw the B/W thread a few months ago and now I'm here again.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I don't know. It seems that my mood about anything has dropped since I made the top 15 being the youngest / first non-important member there. I probably have like 1,000+ nonsense posts in this thread. If this got deleted, oh noes, it gets deleted. It's not like there is anything you can do about it.

M.K

Level 55
Post count is a worthless statistic, comparable to how many steps you've taken in your life, or how many times you've coughed.

Sure, you could be the person who's taken the most steps, but nobody is ever going to care.

M.K

Level 55
on some sites post counts unlock certain things on the forum and i cared a while back because i dident want to look like a noob
You only think that because the people obssessed with post count try to exemplify the stipulation that having a high post count makes you, somehow, more respected or renowned, when, in reality, this isn't the case at all.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
You only think that because the people obssessed with post count try to exemplify the stipulation that having a high post count makes you, somehow, more respected or renowned, when, in reality, this isn't the case at all.
Isn't this the case for many people who are new to forums?

*zomg, he has a high post count he MUST be special*

M.K

Level 55
Sure, definitely, but it's accentuated when he enters this room and everyone is BAWW'ing that they've lost some amount of post count, so he gets the impression that it's more important than it actually is.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I saw it on 4chan a few days ago. I don't think anyone's ripped all of the animated sprites yet, though.

Pete278

Smash Lord
/tr/ has certainly ripped a lot of the sprites, though. None of the Pokemon I was after, though. :( I don't think they can get Crobat and a few others on the emulator yet, though, without writing a code specifically for them to generate it, since it can't appear in the wild and can't be evolved on the emulator, so it'll be a bit before they can get all the sprites ripped.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Post count is a worthless statistic, comparable to how many steps you've taken in your life, or how many times you've coughed.

Sure, you could be the person who's taken the most steps, but nobody is ever going to care.
Exactly. If they're gone they're gone.

Besides my previous post was referencing to my intensity of school work and activities. I had like nothing to do all of last year, hence why I was on here a lot.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Last night I decided to list all Pokémon evolutionary families. I've done this before, mostly from memory. I tried on Sunday, and forgot the Krabby Line, Stantler, and a whole bunch of 4th Generation Pokemon. I just listed them from the 'dex last night though. After that, I did it for the 5th Generation, entirely by memory. It was fun.

What I learned from the exercise was this:
-72 non-Legendary Pokémon lines that began in the 1st Generation (77 total).
•182 Pokémon in it, if you count all relations from following Generations (19 from the 2nd, 12 from the 4th)
•3.311% Legendary (%2.747 Legendary with an expanded Generation)
•23.267% of all Pokémon (28.043% expanded)
-45 non-Legendary Pokémon lines that began in the 2nd Generation (51 total).
•93 Pokémon in it, if you take out all that are a part of a Generation 1 line (19) and count all relations from following Generations (2 in the 3rd, 10 in the 4th)
•6% Legendary (%6.452 Legendary with an expanded Generation)
•15.408% of all Pokémon (14.329% expanded)​
-62 non-Legendary Pokémon lines that began in the 3rd Generation (72 total).
•140 Pokémon in it, if you take out all that are a part of a Generation 2 line (2) and count all relations from following Generations (7)
•7.407% Legendary (%7.143 Legendary with an expanded Generation)
•20.801% of all Pokémon (21.573% expanded)​
-31 non-Legendary Pokémon lines that began in the 4th Generation (45 total).
•78 Pokémon in it, if you take out all that are a part of a Generation 1 line (12), Generation 2 line (10) and Generation 3 line (7)
•13.084% Legendary (%17.949 Legendary with an expanded Generation)
•16.487% of all Pokémon (12.018% expanded)​
-69 non-Legendary Pokémon lines that began in the 5th Generation (82 total).
•8.333% Legendary
•24.037% of all Pokémon

Overall, 7.396% of all Pokémon (48) are considered Legendary, and there are 279 non-Legendary lines. (I'm counting all the Nidos as one line, as well as Volbeat/Illumise as one line).

Just some stuff. Also, try to list all the Pokémon from memory (lines, at least). It's interesting to see which ones you can't remember.

M.K

Level 55
~~1/10 Pokemon is a legendary? That's sorta a big estimate, but it is a little excessive.
I suppose the only thing that could account for that big of a change would be that there are like 5 million Rattata and like...maybe 5-10 Heatran. Or maybe just 1.

We already know there are multiple Lati@s, Darkrai, etc.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
So.

Not only did I nearly pass out at marching band practice today from the heat, but I also dropped my DS in the toilet (after flush; it fell out of my pocket). I pulled it out less than five seconds after submersion, but I'm still afraid it's probably dead. It's on the charger right now after a few hours of drying out with the battery out and blowing out the water that was in the slots, which is connected to all the hardware.

It turned on when I checked it before charging, and gave me an error message after trying to play Bird and Beans from the main menu. Wouldn't turn on again. It's giving me the charging light when plugged in, though, which is a good sign...

XACE-K

Smash Master
idk if I should post this here or in the B/W so I'll just post it here.

I got a copy of White (on an emulator) and it's running kind of slow. Anyone know how change the FPS so it runs smoother?

Wrath`

Smash Master
So.

Not only did I nearly pass out at marching band practice today from the heat, but I also dropped my DS in the toilet (after flush; it fell out of my pocket). I pulled it out less than five seconds after submersion, but I'm still afraid it's probably dead. It's on the charger right now after a few hours of drying out with the battery out and blowing out the water that was in the slots, which is connected to all the hardware.

It turned on when I checked it before charging, and gave me an error message after trying to play Bird and Beans from the main menu. Wouldn't turn on again. It's giving me the charging light when plugged in, though, which is a good sign...

I let mine go through the wash 2 years ago and mine works just fine, usually if you let the electronic dry out it will work, just as long as you didn't try to turn it on while it was wet it should be fine.

Anyone here, hear the new cries? Some sound like altered re hashes of the 4th gen, or is this just me?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
the big thing is you gotta let it dry completely before trying anything with it

i dropped my sp into a pool. got it out after like 30 seconds, but it was off when it fell out of my hands, luckily...

let it sit for like a couple days after drying it out as best i could, and it works to this day.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
idk if I should post this here or in the B/W so I'll just post it here.

I got a copy of White (on an emulator) and it's running kind of slow. Anyone know how change the FPS so it runs smoother?
http://wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title=Faq#DeSmuME_runs_too_slow.21
the big thing is you gotta let it dry completely before trying anything with it

i dropped my sp into a pool. got it out after like 30 seconds, but it was off when it fell out of my hands, luckily...

let it sit for like a couple days after drying it out as best i could, and it works to this day.
This, everything this.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
in other news, I love my weird-*** antilead sets. they're like soooooooooooo fun.

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Self-KO Clause, Soul Dew Clause
kirbyraeg sent out Azelf (lvl 100 Azelf).
Soo Saucy sent out Gengar (lvl 100 Gengar ?).
Azelf used Zen Headbutt.
It's super effective!
Gengar lost 100% of its health.
Soo Saucy's Gengar fainted.
Azelf lost 10% of its health.
---
Soo Saucy switched in Manectric (lvl 100 Manectric ?).
Azelf used Zen Headbutt.
Manectric lost 100% of its health.
Soo Saucy's Manectric fainted.
---
Soo Saucy switched in Espeon (lvl 100 Espeon ?).
Espeon used Grass Knot.
Azelf lost 11% of its health.
Azelf used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Espeon lost 100% of its health.
Soo Saucy's Espeon fainted.
Soo Saucy has left the room.
kirbyraeg wins!

Pete278

Smash Lord
in other news, I love my weird-*** antilead sets. they're like soooooooooooo fun.

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Self-KO Clause, Soul Dew Clause
kirbyraeg sent out Azelf (lvl 100 Azelf).
Soo Saucy sent out Gengar (lvl 100 Gengar ?).
Azelf used Zen Headbutt.
It's super effective!
Gengar lost 100% of its health.
Soo Saucy's Gengar fainted.
---
Soo Saucy switched in Manectric (lvl 100 Manectric ?).
Azelf used Zen Headbutt.
Manectric lost 100% of its health.
Soo Saucy's Manectric fainted.
---
Soo Saucy switched in Espeon (lvl 100 Espeon ?).
Espeon used Grass Knot.
Azelf lost 11% of its health.
Azelf used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Espeon lost 100% of its health.
Soo Saucy's Espeon fainted.
Soo Saucy has left the room.
kirbyraeg wins!
Why on Earth would you use Grass Knot in that situation? Azelf weighs, like, nothing, and your probably not going to switch in that situation.

EDIT: Maybe it was a Wide Lens Lead Gengar with Hypnosis?! That'd almost be good, maybe. Reminiscent of DP, nonetheless. Maybe he just hasn't played since pre-Platinum and thinks Gengar is still a good lead?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Espeon: probably expected ttar?
Gengar: idfk since it wasn't sashed
Manectric: maybe he thought be would survive and ko back?

This was on teamuber, i hope they aren't all that bad...

Night-san

Smash Journeyman

I let mine go through the wash 2 years ago and mine works just fine, usually if you let the electronic dry out it will work, just as long as you didn't try to turn it on while it was wet it should be fine.

Anyone here, hear the new cries? Some sound like altered re hashes of the 4th gen, or is this just me?
I would've left it off, but my friend, who didn't hear us saying "just don't turn it on, let it dry out", turned it on to check it. :| Not to mention it was on when I dropped it, it was on standby in my pocket...

While on the charger, it lit up a red power light while nothing was actually on, and wouldn't turn on. I think it's dead. ;-;

Maybe I can get my parents to wait until it comes out and get me a 3DS as my Christmas present...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Unless Nintendo feels like being REALLY NICE, you'd have to import the 3DS form Japan to get it as a Christmas present.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero

tell it to choknater

he's moonwalking straight into negative post count land because he's so awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom