• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
No I generally dislike them too because I can never really come up with a name I don't think would be uber lame.

At the same time, not giving a nickname is kinda lame on the trainer's part too. How would you like to be referred to by your species name only?

It gives the pokémon a sense of identity as your friend imo :3

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I don't name my Pokemon according to puns or random pop culture references or memes. I always name them after a character from a video game, TV show, movie, or anime.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I only give nicknames to pokes that fit it in a way. A good example for me is nicknaming my Heatran Hephaestus for being the god of fire and metalworking in Greek myth and my Articuno Fimbulvetr after the harsh winter in Norse myth as the events leading to Ragnarok and being an never ending winter.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It feels weird to me when some of my Pokemon have nicknames and some don't.
I feel ya I don't what to nickname my Thunderous after I catch it and hopefully get a good nature for it. I may nickname it after my gamertag.

Edit: BLM I don't understand the full meaning where you trying to get at with your recent post sorry.

Edit 2: Nevermind BLM I am a ****ing IDIOT i understand it now LOL.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I used to dislike nicknames. Every so often I'd get bored and restart Blue and nickname every Pokémon some regular name starting with the same letter as theirs (e.g. Chris the Cubone), but I never seriously named my Pokémon.

I like doing nickname themes, though. I did a Sapphire run and named every Pokémon after an Ace Attorney character (Von Karma the Manectric was pro, anyone who's played AA should get the joke there =3), I did a Sapphire Nuzlocke and named everyone after a TWEWY character, in my current XD run (which we need to finish, MK) all of my Pokémon are named after songs, and in Black all of my Pokémon are named with some relation to something musical.

Now I'm doing a White run where I catch one of every Pokémon possible up to that point and keep them all at the same level, and because I'm going to be training so many Pokémon I decided to name them all after U.S. Presidents. Because I'm a history nerd.

And then if there are any female Pokémon I'll just put them back in the kitchen name them after some important woman in U.S. History or something.

EDIT: Oh, and when I'm feeling particularly stupid/punny/mad at a Pokémon, I give them some ****ty nickname. Like ABSOLutely the Absol. Or Afro Bull the Bouffalant (the stupid thing killed my Volcarona and I was mad).

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I went with not giving anything names in this game, save for like a very select few or things I traded/imported. Went through the game with an Accelgor named Musket for that last reason, and named Mienfoo coz of dem whips.

rhan

Smash Hero
Am I the only one that dislikes nicknames?
I don't like excessive nicknaming.

I only nickname my starters or my favorite Pokemon. I held this tradition since the G/S/C series.

Typhlosion= Vulcan
Sceptile = Razor
Torterra = Geostellar
Samurott = Shamshir

I might make a another Venusaur to replicate my starter from R/B/Y. Just gotta think of a good nickname.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
uk kotaku doesn't have it either.

The only one that really surprised me was Marowak. Due to the whole ghost story in RBY I figured everyone knew who Marowak was.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Can anyone help me with ideas for a good team that is exclusive to Unova only cause I bout to battle my friend in a few days and he's using a sandstorm team with an Excadrill so I need some help with some ideas in making a balanced team with only Unova pokes?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
No Pokemon in Unova counters Excadrill, so you better bring a Roopushin or a Scarf Excadrill with Brick Break. Bring a Sand Force Gigalith. Aqua Jet Carracosta could be useful.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I thought about Roopushin mainly for Excadrill but never thought about Carracosta. Too bad I never grabbed it's fossil.:(

Edit: Right now I'm looking at Reuniculus, Whimiscott or Thunderous if I can get a good nature, Haxoruos, and Eelektross but don't know about the rest.

JOE!

Smash Hero
@least memorable pokes

if its based on the quiz thing I think it's based on, then those also may be the harder names to spell (exeggcutor = not easy if just off memory for most of us)

off topic, but what would be a good ratio of Attack to Speed for a rock/ground with huge power so that it is 1) very strong and 2) not stupid in a TR?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I like this thread name also does anyone know what poke do i use to get a timburr with Drain and mach punch on it?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I can't believe all those people forgot about Kingler.

How could you forget the legend that goes COOKIE COOKIE

Also Mach Punch is boss, just the name is enough to never allow it to be overwritten.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I can't believe all those people forgot about Kingler.

How could you forget the legend that goes COOKIE COOKIE

Also Mach Punch is boss, just the name is enough to never allow it to be overwritten.
By the way, epic avatar. I remember doing a speed recolor of that Mew and I made it shiny. Lol

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Thanks. :D

And OMG so I've tried trading with 2 different people (Friend Codes not GTS), since I really really want a Zorua, and both times I've been able to get in the room and set up a trade, but the when it's like "___ is communicating with you", it just stays like that for ages, then fails and goes to "Teran is standing by" again.

And I'm like FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

And it's not the earthquake because these people have been able to trade fine. Or maybe it is, and they've just decided to cut off the UK like a bunch of *******s. :mad:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
darn

so i battled my friend today and i lost to his pokemon just because i'm unfamiliar with them... i could've won but i just didn't know what his pokes could do. i lost 3 times (twice due to luck but still, i lost 3 times out of 3)

my teams:
nidoqueen, ttar, durant
infernape, swampert, dragonite
lilligant, chandelure, durant

his team:
cobalion, gothitelle, samurott

why i lost:
- choosing to set up a hazard with nidoqueen when i could've just ko'd cobalion with another earth power
- using close combat on cobalion rather than fire blasting. i was just inexperienced against that poke and forgot that his greatest stat was defense
- lilligant sleep powder miss

he used a toxic sub iron head cobalion and got two flinches against nidoqueen
spA samurott. i've never fought one before and was unfamiliar with its base speed/spa

GRAHHHHHH

never underestimate any pokemon again.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'll trade you a Zorua, mate. I don't think I've ever done anything to piss off the UK.
Man I dunno if it'll work though. >.>

Can always try right?

Hope you don't mind a Riolu with a lame nature.

M.K

Level 55
Teran, if that happens again, you and your trade partner both need to log off Wi-Fi and relog.
It should work then. It happened to the lot of us during the Egg Tournament, and that fixed it every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom