• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I just wished it took priority in those situations to killing the enemy. Nowadays, I don't want to risk the 'X' button screwing me over so I just melee or shoot them in their face when they're downed. One thing I hate about Gears of War 1's multi-player is the cheap *** sniper rifle. Like, if they down you, they just wait for you to get back up (if you're playing execution) and active reload. Then they fire at you and you're downed again. My fav maps in Gears of War 1: Clocktower, Escalation and Fuel Depot <3.

I hate those glitchers that glitch out on the train tracks. But sometimes they die. :laugh:

I did, I guess I missed that one. Mind linking me to it?

Here is how you turn it on:

I would've voted for him to live. I wanna see one Carmine live!

I hate it how sometimes Marcus flinches with the chainsaw even though no one shoots at you. I remember once some guy shot me at POINT BLANK range with his shotgun but I still chainsawed him lolz.

Alright, sounds good. Really looking forward to the game! You ever get that achievement for beating Horde mode? Wave 50? Took me 4 hours to do.

The Cole train makes a ****** entrance in Gears 2. Totally owns those locust! :laugh:
I'd play multiplayer on Gears 1, but I still haven't gotten in a match yet :ohwell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG2lof9pWL8&feature=channel

Man, that demo made the entire Microsoft E3 worth it... yes even the Kinect and the them bribing their players with the new Xbox.

Man, I MUST try that. It'll be hilarious

Eh, it's tradition that they die imo.

Oh my god I hate that too. So I'm about to chainsaw this guy when nobody shoots me and I flinch for some reason. Then I end up getting chainsawed. That's why I hate using it unless an enemy is downed.

I remember I did Horde mode like a year ago with some friends. We got to like level 20 before we just called it quits because everyone wanted to do something else.

God man, too bad Cole's AI in game doesn't enable him to do those bad*** moves he did when he just took out an entire ambush by himself.

I can't wait to play with Anya. Like if I ever get to play Gears 3's multiplayer, I already know who I want to be instead of the Carmine brothers or Cole

EDIT:

Man, I just realized we DO get to fight Lambent before Gears 3. They were Wretches that were volatile in Belly of the Beast.

Man, I didn't even remember that until today

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
From earlier:

(About to start project)
Terywj: Hang on. I need to close my windows in case my mom comes home.
Wave+: What are you, watching pron?
Terywj: Windows as in room windows, you.
Wave+: ...oh.
<3 Wave.
Oh man, good times.

Still wondering why you needed to close your windows...

Spire

III
BRoomer
ROM Talk...

The Global Rules cite this:

6. Respect Copyright
Posts that violate or incite others to violate the law are not allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) requesting, providing, or instructing how to find, create, or use illegal copies of copyrighted software and related applications (including ROMs).

Be respectful of copyright law in your posts. Reproducing substantive portions of copyrighted material without permission from the copyright owner is prohibited.
  • Copyright Violation - 3 points, 14 days
So stop even hinting towards where ROMs can be acquired.

M.K

Level 55
I thought all of that talk had stopped after Firus/Meta-Kirby told us off?
It should, because it violates Global Rules and I'm not sure anybody really wants 3 Points (halfway to a ban) on their record. If you do, go ahead and talk about it, but if you don't, knock it off.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Who hosts Machamp's Pants? Probably wrong place to ask but eh
CRASHiC, of all people. I've been wondering about renting a server in Europe for Machamp's Pants. It'd cost maybe $10 a month, which would be a negligible amount of money if we split the cost. With more people on our server and Black and White, we might need to consider a more reliable server.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hey guys, does anyone know if it's possible to get HDMI on a Wii? High Def TV (Vizio) + Wii via normal ports looks better, but if there was a way to make it connect to hdmi...then deng.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
so im gonna get heartgold and soulsilver tomorrow (i know im late lol) and i was jw fi there were any new features in the game like maybe an improved online trading ?
That's, really late, haha. If you mean features like aesthetics, the menu got a nice revamp, and I don't know anything about the trading. Battle Frontier is a nice addition. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hey guys, I have a really off the wall question that hopefully one of you can answer.

I'm looking into getting a high def TV, and I need help with what's best.

Here are the two options

Option A (What I want)

26 Inch HDTV (Vizio) 780p.

- It's 780, is that terrible for gaming?
- I like smaller screens, so the 26 inches is desired

Option B

32 Inch HDTV (Vizio) 1080p

- I don't like the bigger screen, but people say 1080>780 for sports, but what about gaming?
- it's 500 where as the one I want is 280.

I'll get the latter if it's really that much better (despite it being bigger), but I just want to know is 1080 is really so much better for gaming.

Thanks if you can help =[

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Why is a big TV bad?

The Wii is incapable of looking nice. I forget if you have a PS3 or 360, but if you do, definitely go with the 1080p one.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Man I didn't think 3 people would sign up for terry's RPG within a matter of 12 hours, this sucks..........

Also My school campus was shut down as three transformers blew and there was no power in a mile radius from our school

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
A transformer blew up?

Also, don't worry Wrath`. The Tournament is the first of a series for our Roleplaying Forum Support group. I'll be giving registration preference to those who weren't able to participate in the previous roleplay so you'll be almost guaranteed for the second one.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'd play, but Tery didn't put how to play the game "under the assumption that everyone knows how to play the game" or something like that, and I clearly have NO idea how to play.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That's exaclty the problem, though. We're not going to petition for a roleplaying forum with people who don't know how to roleplay properly. Which is why entrees are limited, so everyone else can watch, learn, etc. Then when the following roleplays come around you guys can test out what you've picked up. Once everyone can do that we have the right support for a roleplaying subforum.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Tery that doesn't even make sense

You just turned off like half the community who wants to play it because they don't know how and because it's easier if you could just post the rules instead of making them wait for what could be days I suppose watching people write things that they may not even end up understanding

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
To be fair if someone never roleplayed before I wouldn't have shut them out. In fact our of the 8 current participants I don't even know who has / hasn't roleplayed before.

The rules are there. Read the OP.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
@ Wave: The smaller tvs tend to be a 780 only =/. And I'm about to have a ps3. Also, I just prefer smaller tvs XD

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
To be fair if someone never roleplayed before I wouldn't have shut them out. In fact our of the 8 current participants I don't even know who has / hasn't roleplayed before.

The rules are there. Read the OP.
But still Tery, there are people like me who are not willing to spend hours just watching other people play so I can learn to play myself. I mean, if you do something like a game of mafia or something, would you throw them out into the fire just like that? I think not

I guarantee you you'll get at least almost twice the people in there if you posted up some rules.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Nevermind Wave, found a 1080p 22 inch for 270 dollars

I'm used to having like 18~20 inch tvs, so I wanted a smaller size one. They look good, cheap, and fit good in my room. When I get a bigger place I'll prolly go up to 32inch+

M.K

Level 55
But still Tery, there are people like me who are not willing to spend hours just watching other people play so I can learn to play myself. I mean, if you do something like a game of mafia or something, would you throw them out into the fire just like that? I think not

I guarantee you you'll get at least almost twice the people in there if you posted up some rules.
You can't guarantee anything. Tery is doing the right thing by allowing you the opportunity to view the game as it proceeds and see if you are interested in joining. If you aren't willing to put forth the effort to simply check into the thread from time to time, then it proves you wouldn't have the dedication to take part in the actual game itself.

Mafia and roleplaying are very different mediums. It's as if you were to say "If you're going to give me a manual on how to assemble a desk, you should give me one for how to use a pencil too!".

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Sorry to be the one talking about oddball stuff, but Vizio TVS seem rare as crap. (Bar-Walmart) Are Samsung Tvs any good?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
To be honest, I wouldn't necessarily say Tery's game is a role playing game in the strictest sense. To me, a role playing game has many areas to explore, diverse characters (in characteristics, abilities, goals), a story, a goal that is neither simple nor restricting. You're not really "role-playing", if you take the literal meaning, in The Tournament.

A role playing game I just finished playing in placed me and 8 others on a space station millions of lightyears away, sent by the company running research and mining on the asteroid. I was the company liaison and secretly an android. There was a chemist who was secretly hired by a rival company to stealthily sabotage anything and everything. A communications officer, ship captain, medic, lab assistant, etc. And then there were more player characters who were already on the ship; a man who woke up with amnesia and discovered that he was infected by aliens, giving him special powers; one who was infected by aliens and could transform into other people; a robot who controlled the ship's functions; the hivemind of the aliens, who could infect technology, and transformed security cameras into eyestalks. At one point, one of the aliens hijacked the ship we arrived in, and crashed it into the space station, damaging life support, limiting how much time we had. While some people tried to scavenge parts to fix the emergency shuttle, another group went into the mines. A xenoarchaeologist, the medic (whose sister was in the mines), one of the aliens, and myself descended into the mines, where we found incredible technology and a wormhole with a vicious beast inside. One of use had jumped into the wormhole with the fragments of an ancient artifact we had found and stopped it. The medic's sister was killed by our alien, and I was shot in the face. Meanwhile, the crew on the station ventured into the alien-infected ship to scavenge the warp core. But they had to blow up the warp core in order to stop an alien who was attacking them using a laser drill. And then we managed to get home.

That was probably way too long for anyone to actually read, but my point is simple: The Tournament is not deep enough to be a role playing game.

M.K

Level 55
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

It's kinda hard to explain. Basically you have a group of people who are split up into a TOWN faction and a SCUM faction. The only people who know what roles anybody else is are the SCUM. Likewise, players might have special roles.

During the game, there are DAY and NIGHT phases. During the day, all the players of the game vote to kill a single player. Town's objective is to kill a SCUM, while Scum's objective is to trick the Town into killing a Townie.

After the "lynch" takes place and a player is killed, the game moves into NIGHT phase. During this phase, the SCUM faction is allowed to confer and choose one player to kill. Any town /scum player with a "power role" is allowed to use it at night. At the start of the next day, the player who the mafia chose to kill will die, and the phases repeat.

TOWN wins when all of the SCUM is eliminated.
SCUM wins when they have a MAJORITY over the town members.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That was probably way too long for anyone to actually read, but my point is simple: The Tournament is not deep enough to be a role playing game.
We don't have the subforum at our disposal to use. Werekill and I already have maps, character sheets, etc. but it's all worth nothing unless we can show that there's a number of people who support / are willing to roleplay. I wasn't really intending for a small series of "roleplays," but Tom suggested that.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

It's kinda hard to explain. Basically you have a group of people who are split up into a TOWN faction and a SCUM faction. The only people who know what roles anybody else is are the SCUM. Likewise, players might have special roles.

During the game, there are DAY and NIGHT phases. During the day, all the players of the game vote to kill a single player. Town's objective is to kill a SCUM, while Scum's objective is to trick the Town into killing a Townie.

After the "lynch" takes place and a player is killed, the game moves into NIGHT phase. During this phase, the SCUM faction is allowed to confer and choose one player to kill. Any town /scum player with a "power role" is allowed to use it at night. At the start of the next day, the player who the mafia chose to kill will die, and the phases repeat.

TOWN wins when all of the SCUM is eliminated.
SCUM wins when they have a MAJORITY over the town members.
From where I come from, the factions are called "innocents" and "Mafia".

Although sometimes the Mafia is called "Pony", sort of a reference to a really old game, Pony Mafia.

The one distinguishing characteristic of any Mafia game is an informed minority and an uninformed majority.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
To be honest, I wouldn't necessarily say Tery's game is a role playing game in the strictest sense. To me, a role playing game has many areas to explore, diverse characters (in characteristics, abilities, goals), a story, a goal that is neither simple nor restricting. You're not really "role-playing", if you take the literal meaning, in The Tournament.
The Tournament is a game in which one plays the role of a character. That's the definition of a role playing game. Just because its a simple role playing game doesn't mean it isn't a 'real' role play. That's like saying Primal Rage wasn't a real fighter, or the original Mario Kart wasn't a real racing game.

Depth has nothing to do with an RPG.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The Tournament is a game in which one plays the role of a character. That's the definition of a role playing game. Just because its a simple role playing game doesn't mean it isn't a 'real' role play. That's like saying Primal Rage wasn't a real fighter, or the original Mario Kart wasn't a real racing game.

Depth has nothing to do with an RPG.
True, but my little rant was preceded by the words "strictest sense" and "to me".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom