• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well Firus, in my experience in Bulbapedia to gather sprites, I've seen the same pokemon more than a hundred times

And not to mention me looking at moves of certain pokemon when I'm too lazy to look at Serebii or Smogon

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well Firus, in my experience in Bulbapedia to gather sprites, I've seen the same pokemon more than a hundred times

And not to mention me looking at moves of certain pokemon when I'm too lazy to look at Serebii or Smogon
Oh, right. You have a point there.

I don't use Bulbapedia for sprites so I forget these things. >_>

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
So I was working on my AP World History project about religion (fml) when I stumbled upon this:

A poll for the BBC Horizon programme in January 2006 revealed that fewer than 50% of Britons accept the theory of evolution as the best description for the development of life.

Furthermore, more than 40% of those questioned believe that creationism or intelligent design should be taught in school science lessons.

Over 2,000 participants took part in the survey, and were asked what best described their view of the origin and development of life:

22% chose creationism
17% opted for intelligent design
48% selected evolution theory
and the rest did not know.
Some Christian schools in the UK teach creationism as well as evolution.

In 2006 one UK examination board admitted that a biology course due to be introduced that September would encourage schools to consider alternatives to the theory of evolution.
what
Crazy Brits, lol... wait, wait a minute.

I'm a believer in evolution over here. I'm surprised I haven't seen that Horizon episode, though, I watch that show quite a lot. I don't think I've ever met anybody here who believes in creationism or intelligent design, actually. Weird.

It's actually kind of surprisng how many pokemon looked terrible in R1/G/R2/B, here are all of them:

IMO The top5 worst drawn pokemon in Red1/Green are: Primeape (looks like it exploded), Ekans [mouth], Wigglytuff, Venusaur and by far the WORST is Mew.

In Red2/Blue my top5 for worst drawn are Cloyster (shell is totally wrong), Kabuto, Koffing (design is completely wrong, even when compared to the first two games), Golbat, and Omastar (doesn't he look like he's discoing?). Squirtle and several of the others aren't exactly amazing either.

I bet you guys can't figure out all the pokemon these back sprites these belong to. :p

Pokemon sure has come a long way. lol
Would anyone ever agree with me in saying that Haunter actually looked quite creepy in RBY? He has a god****manical grin on his face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHk52RvpOLw

Wow, it's so kawaii when you actually see her speak like Pikachu. =3
I get that feeling too, but at the same time I'm somewhat unnerved by the fact that the voice of what I normally associate as Pikachu is suddenly being spoken by a human being.

Also, Gratuitous Japanese. :)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh, right. You have a point there.

I don't use Bulbapedia for sprites so I forget these things. >_>
Yeah, even though I have that Pokemon 2000 thing bookmarked, I actually don't use that thing for some reason. I tend to use bulbapedia instead. It's easier for me since I use Chrome where I can just press Tab at the website bar and I can search for what I'm looking for without even having to enter the site itself

M.K

Level 55
I use Dragon Fly Cave's (www.dragonflycave.com) Sprite Generator. It has the option to generate either one, two, or three random sprites, or up to three specifically selected sprites. Fantastic for the curious spriter looking for a challenge,

I'm not fond of Bulbapedia's sprites. A lot of the colors are actually slightly off in some backsprites due to ripping issues. :G

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
As I've said in the past, I just save sprite sheets from The Spriter's Resource to my computer for all my stuff. 'Cause, I like clogging my computer up with spritesheets or something.
And it's more convenient to have them on my computer.

Would anyone ever agree with me in saying that Haunter actually looked quite creepy in RBY? He has a god****manical grin on his face.
MOST of the sprites in RBG look kind of creepy, which is why I love them so much.

But yeah, I agree. Haunter's awesome in RBG.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I love RBG sprites! They make the pokémon look more real to me, like they could actually exist in OUR world. Exeggutor is my favorite XD

Wrath`

Smash Master
Classic RGBY sprites are the best, the all have so much character, I especially love Dragonite's because he looks like a fierce dragon unlike his present day sprites

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok, I'll give you that, but what if I wanna use a HGSS sprite with a D/P sprite?

I've done it before and to my knowledge I don't think they have an rnger that can give me both. That's why I use bulbapedia.

M.K

Level 55
Meh, whatevs. Can't get everything in one ._.
Spriting is difficult with Windows 7 Paint. I much prefer older paint :/

M.K

Level 55
You use paint?

I hate that thing. It feels so primitive compared to GIMP imo
I've always used Paint for all my sprites, all 500+ of them since 2007, all of 'em in the Custom Pokemon Shop, and yup, all of em.
Using Photoshop/GIMP/Paint.Net to work with pixels is like trying to eat soup with a fork. The so-called "primitiveness" actually helps my accuracy when working on a pixel-by-pixel basis, and the simple, yet non-enhancing tools help to maintain the proportion, shading, and "realness" of the sprites.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Photoshop actually works very well for spriting, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with Paint as far as spriting goes. It has everything you need. Just because it isn't fancy doesn't mean it can't get the job done, and for the most part the fancy stuff doesn't help with Photoshop, save for Contiguous Paint Bucket, transparency, and the occasional special effect.

GIMP in general I've always found to be difficult to use, but to each his own.

M.K

Level 55
Dragonite Charmeleon, Gastly, Lickitung, Porygon, Kabuto, Scyther Venusaur, Arbok, Machoke Machamp, and Nidorina (?) Vaporeon.
How did I do?
There you go.
The first generation backsprites really were like death fetus babies of Icelandic interrelated couples.

Tacel

Smash Lord
^
Oh, wow. That's just weird.
Especially Venusaur and Vaporeon. It actually hurt my eyes to look at the Vaporeon back sprite.
And thanks for the answers.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I guess I knew all of those backsprites really easily because I've played through every generation at least 5+ times on emulators. Especially the first and second generations because space bar is so pro in the first two.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Anyone want to play me on Pokemon Online at the /tr/ server? It really is getting boring play ladder lol. I'm 'Neerow'

UberMario

Smash Master
From 8-to-9 I spent my time dancing with the smash characters online at KK's concert. Diddy and Fox have some awesome dance moves.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
My college class just finished a class-wide raid on Target, bought myself a new mouse, and I love it. Also Coca-Cola has aluminum bottles.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
riddleswf 4:05 am
(4:05:27 AM): i want to sprite something
(4:05:29 AM): what should i sprite?
RyanMartinGates 4:05 am
(4:05:41 AM): boobs
riddleswf 4:05 am
(4:05:53 AM): oh my god
(4:05:56 AM): why did i even ask you?
RyanMartinGates 4:06 am
(4:06:14 AM): you brought this on yourself
riddleswf 4:06 am
(4:06:22 AM): i know
(4:06:28 AM): i forgot you were the worlds biggest troll
RyanMartinGates 4:06 am
(4:06:36 AM): it's true
(4:06:40 AM): I shot JFK
(4:06:45 AM): for ****s and giggles
(4:07:17 AM): behind the grassy knoll
(4:07:22 AM): with a magic bullet
(4:07:33 AM): that I bought from some aliens that Elvis introduced me to
(4:07:52 AM): then we went back and shot Tupac and Biggie Smalls
riddleswf 4:08 am
(4:08:18 AM): *your message was not received because Riddle is ignoring you*

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So, we went to the airport to fly back home. Ohp, that didn't happen.

My mom scheduled the tickets for the wrong day and stuff. I now have to leave tomorrow, have about 3 hours to pack EVERYTHING for school as compared to about 30. :/

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Anyone have a link to those awesome Pokémon shirts that no one could ever find?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Would it be illegal to steal some of [URL="http://www.polygraph.jp/graphics_index.html"these]these[/URL] designs and order a custom t-shirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom