• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'd personally hate to work somewhere where the public can scrutinise you, though from my short experience in a Waitrose store, it seems that most grunt jobs begin there. :cry:

You thinking of working at BK?

You be choppin' up Celebi heads on a regular basis, just so you know.
You're gonna be belittled by the public no matter where you work, sad to say. :(

I've worked retail for most of my life, and I just changed jobs to working at a hotel (which has it's perks. I'm working right now. :-O).

There are things I put up with here that I'd never have to put up with in retail, and vice versa. If you are working with people, expect everything to be your fault, and you're always wrong. :(

Customer service/going the extra mile goes a LONG way in helping with these problems though. Not saying it works all the time, but showing that you're on their side, even though you're wearing the face of the company you represent helps.

/rant.

M.K

Level 55
Honestly, the only time I ever feel personally bad for is when my parents theoretically "complain" to waiter/waitresses about their food being uncooked/disgusting/wrong in some way. I feel like waiters take most of the crap that the chefs are responsible for, and many people decrease the tip of the waiter if they get bad food, claiming "poor service". that really pisses me off.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Honestly, the only time I ever feel personally bad for is when my parents theoretically "complain" to waiter/waitresses about their food being uncooked/disgusting/wrong in some way. I feel like waiters take most of the crap that the chefs are responsible for, and many people decrease the tip of the waiter if they get bad food, claiming "poor service". that really pisses me off.
I concur. I worked at a comedy club as door security, and the guest/customer will complain about/to the first person they see, and base their judgement on that. Not that cook/manager who deserves it, but that first person/waiter/ress. :( It's a horrible industry to get into. Having to rely on tips is no way to live.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I am a waiter and this does happen. I do what I can to accomodate for such situations like get them a free side of our in-house made creamy dill dressing (which is so amazing). That has actually bumped my tip up before.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I am a waiter and this does happen. I do what I can to accomodate for such situations like get them a free side of our in-house made creamy dill dressing (which is so amazing). That has actually bumped my tip up before.
That's lame. How do people honestly just accuse waiters of something they didn't even do? They bring you the food, not make it.

People are just cruel.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Creamy dill? Where do you work good sir?
I'm not exactly comfortable disclosing that information in a public forum. I'll just let you know that it's not a chain so unless you live in the great state of Texas, don't worry about it.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
That's lame. How do people honestly just accuse waiters of something they didn't even do? They bring you the food, not make it.

People are just cruel.
Welcome to Earth, where everyone but YOU is right. :(

Let's change the subject.

Pokemon is cool. Discuss.

I'm not exactly comfortable disclosing that information in a public forum. I'll just let you know that it's not a chain so unless you live in the great state of Texas, don't worry about it.
Perfectly understandable, and didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. Just making polite conversation. :)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Speaking of dumb ol' Texas, if I ever visited I'd totally wanna hang out, Spire. This creamy dill dressing is also enticing. XD

I'm a food loser.

M.K

Level 55
Creamy dill sounds absolutely bangin'.
On that subject (kind of), I was eating lunch with my parents at this old-fashion restaurant near our beach house, and this OLD *** waitress spilled an entire cup of Chicken Noodle soup into this lady's purse. It was absolutely hysterical, because the purse was hanging on the back of her chair, and when the soup poured into it, the lady didn't even realize it. Totally awful that the old lady had to be like "Uh, ma'am? All your personal belongings are now covered in chicken."

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Spire, you opened this about two days late. I couldn't tell the PC I was going on a one-week vacation with limited computer access.

Oh, now I'm on it.

At least you opened it now, I felt like going on a rampage about it when I got back, but it looks like we can avoid that.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Had to share this:

Hello trainers. Look at your Pokemon, now back to mine, now back at your
Pokemon, now back to mine. Sadly, they arn't mine, but if you stopped
using lady scented rare candies to level them and switched to training
them like a man, they could battle like they're mine.
Look down, back
... up, where are you? You're on the S.S. Anne, with the Pokemon your
Pokemon could battle like.
What's in your hand? Back at me. I have
it, it's a masterball with two of that Pokemon you love.
Look again,
THE POKEMON ARE NOW SHINY!
Anything is possible when you train you
pokemon like a man and not a lady.
I'm on a Rapidash.

My buddy posted that on his wall (on the BookFace).

PowerBomb

Smash Master
The Last Airbender sucked. I actually asked for my money back. The employees told me that people have been asking for their money back all day.

I just saw Inception. To everyone that saw it...

At the end, do you think Dom's still dreaming? I figure it could go either way since the totem (was that what it was called?) looked like it was going to stop spinning. Then again, Dom could've just taken the moment into his own hands and not have panicked like he did.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Thank you for spoiler tagging; I do not want any part of that movie ruined (which I feel the trailer might have already).

Sometimes, some movies just need to be seen without knowing a thing about it. Which is why I loved Boondock Saints so much. :D

LET US NOT SPEAK OF INCEPTION AGAIN... TONIGHT... !!

Also, how out of date would my poke-team be if I last used it last year, before plat?

Moozle

Smash Champion
Did you really think The Last Airbender was THAT bad? I know, it was absolute garbage compared to the show (i'm a huge fan of the show), but I still think that the movie can be appreciated for what it is. If anything, I just love seeing all of my favorite characters (no matter how horrendous their lines are) in real life.

I want to see inception so bad! I just watched Catch Me If You Can on Friday in my summer school class so I'm hyped for Leo XD

M.K

Level 55
Metagame was shifted pretty violently since then.
Scizor went from "Lolwut Scizor" to "Scizor is the bane of my existence".

PowerBomb

Smash Master
All right, ODIN.

I'm happy though, I saw the trailer once and forgot about it :D

EDIT: The Last Airbender was horrible. It should be renamed to The Last Shamwow Movie.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Metagame was shifted pretty violently since then.
Scizor went from "Lolwut Scizor" to "Scizor is the bane of my existence".
I liked him. O_o I'll look up my own research on it.

I guess the big thing I'm not looking forward to is EV training an entire team again. :urg:

All right, ODIN.

I'm happy though, I saw the trailer once and forgot about it :D

EDIT: The Last Airbender was horrible. It should be renamed to The Last Shamwow Movie.
Sorta jokin' about, but I appreciate it. Hope to see it tomorrow. :D

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Did you really think The Last Airbender was THAT bad? I know, it was absolute garbage compared to the show (i'm a huge fan of the show), but I still think that the movie can be appreciated for what it is. If anything, I just love seeing all of my favorite characters (no matter how horrendous their lines are) in real life.
I skimmed the Wiki page, and found a small mention for the new Avatar series. Any rumors out there for when it'll come out?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
None at all Wave. All we know is its name The Legend of Korra (water tribe female name) and that they've already hired story borders, which means the story has already been written.

We will probably have a time to wait until the series is out. Let's take The Boondocks. This is a joint venture between an american studio and the same animation studio that handled Airbender. We can assume (hope) that the series will continue to use this studio, and then it'll take 1 to 2 years to get the show animated. I'd say at the earliest expect to get it spring of 2012.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
None at all Wave. All we know is its name The Legend of Korra (water tribe female name) and that they've already hired story borders, which means the story has already been written.

We will probably have a time to wait until the series is out. Let's take The Boondocks. This is a joint venture between an american studio and the same animation studio that handled Airbender. We can assume (hope) that the series will continue to use this studio, and then it'll take 1 to 2 years to get the show animated. I'd say at the earliest expect to get it spring of 2012.
spring of 2012.
bwuh

In all seriousness, I'm a bit surprised that it'll be that soon, considering that the Wiki page said it was just announced.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yes, it was just announced, however Nick was hiring story boarders about at the beginning of the year. This means that its already written, and they now just need to fine tune the direction before they ship it to be animated by the Korean animation studio.

D

Deleted member

I think I'm pretty much done playing pokemon. I don't want to play in a metagame that bans every successful dragon for various manufactured excuses as to why they should be banned. I guess Garchomp I can somewhat understand because Sand Veil is particularly ruthless on Shoddy, but for Latias and Salamence there's really just no excuse. Salamence was banned under the premise that it has "uber" wall breaking capabilities, and frankly I wasn't aware that holding a strategic point in the metagame was a good cause for a ban.

And I liked the last airbender. it was decent by itself and it made me want to watch the cartoon version and honestly it wasn't that far off. too many people bickering.

UberMario

Smash Master
The sad part of Legend of Korra will be it implies Aang died ten (or more) years earlier. Won't that mean that airbenders might be truly extinct? :urg:

Then again, one of the great-grandchildren of Aang and Katara might be one of the main protagonists too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom