• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Grand Festival Spriting Contest (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm sorry about the confusion. Total brainfart. Fire or Flying can remain so long as at least one of them changes. That is final.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]

Introducing: Dark/Poison Charizard!

This may not be my final product. I'd like some critique on various aspects. I was going for like..."mutated sewer rat/bat" approach. The purple you see laced in between the hands/feet/on the head are poison-coursed veins.
What is with the white outline?
And don't steal my poison type! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Every sprite Meta-Kirby has made in the last three years or so has an outline.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I mean the outline makes it look like the body of Charizard is emitting some kind of black light, which should be, in my opinion, different from the light that might be emitted by the tail.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok I see where you're getting at now lemme see...

EDIT:

Hmmm ok did this

I don't think that there's anything else to do by this point so....

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

EDIT:

Hmmm ok did this

You didn't really change it much, did you? Wave was saying how the light emitted from Charizard's body should be different from the light emitted from its tail.

Also, the eyes are meant to be "blank", right?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]

EDIT:

Hmmm ok did this

The outline has A LOT of jaggies. I suggest you read up on the spriting guide about making smooth outlines.

Pointing out some of the flaws in the outline around him.

M.K

Level 55
I applaud everyone who entered a sprite. Charizard is such a complex and annoying sprite to work with. I've never liked working with it because A) it has an almost "must be for charizard only" body type b) the shading and colors are very complex and only work with a few other colors and c) Charizard is retardedly obese and needs Jenny Craig. [Jynx Craig? Idk]

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
and c) Charizard is retardedly obese and needs Jenny Craig. [Jynx Craig? Idk]
LOL YES. I hate that gut he has, it makes him so much less dragon like. Plus it's sort of getting in the way of what I'm trying to do.

Poison ratzard is cool. I dunno though, I also like the Electric/Ice one because it's so... out there. Might be another close one this time.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I didn't have too many issues.

Then again, I have the Charizard that's most changed out of anyone's, so maybe changing Zard a lot made it easy.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Hey Spire, just wondering, would there ever be more judges? Or would having three judges slow the process down?
I know I'm not Spire, but I can at least tell you that yes three judges would slow it down. Think about how hard it can be just to get two people to do things in a timely manner *points at basically every tournament the pc has ever had*, and then add someone else onto it that you will also have to coordinate with.

With every person you add on you have just that much more of a chance that it's not going to get done in a timely fashion. Two is perfect, imo. At least it is for something like this.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Working on a Steel/Dark retype (w/ Levitate).

Not quite sure what I want to do with the wings/tail yet. Any comments/thoughts on the overall steel look so far?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]

Not quite sure what I want to do with the wings/tail yet. Any comments/thoughts on the overall steel look so far?
Amazing. How about mechanize the wings and get rid of the tail. What would a behemoth machine need with a tail anyway?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move

I'd say drop the tail and mechanize the wings. I might actually suggest mechanized Aerodactyl wings rather than Zards since the open wings would look better.

Spire

III
BRoomer
If we feel the need to add a third judge, we will. As for now, two has worked out just fine.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
This one was a ***** lol. I ended up changing it from how I originally pictured it (too hard/complicated), but I like what it came out as, even if it is a bit random.

Bug/Poison:

Riddle

Smash Lord
Final Submission

Rock/Grass

Thanks to Sir Bedevere, Charmander1065, and vVv ChiboSempai for help with the sprite.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Oh my god I love that ^^.

I've been trying to learn how to sprite, so maybe I'll give the next prompt a go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom