• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the secret zelda strats discussionzone

Zone

Smash Champion
Yeah pool 1 was. I uploaded pools round 2 I still have just a couple matches left to upload from pool 2 that one was sheik, falcon, fox, samus, falco.

I'll link them when I'm off work I just woke up

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
OMFG WHATTTTTT

WASN'T THERE A STREAM?!?! WHY WASN'T I WATCHING IT?

UGGGHHHHH i HATE MYSELF FOREVER

lol

Good **** though cosmo. Please come to Genesis 2 haha

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
The world its just too small... at least the smash world...
i dunno if i ever mention but, im from Chile, and yesterday i got into a the tipical small torney, 22 entrants more or less. this time, we knew that someone from Usa were coming to play (he came to live, not only play lol), so we were at the friendlies and i got to play with him 4 or 5 five times, i played against he's falco & fox, i did loose to this guy all 4 times, but not ugly, decent (1 stock to the end, i dont know if he was playing seriously, but he exclaimed woah everytime i kicked him), well anyway, i tought i will teach this dude, the power of the triforce!!!, and i noticed he knew almost every zelda trick, the recovery trick, the CG -> kick, etc etc, the only one he fell every time was when fox threw me up i DI to the back of fox, then he jumped to u air only to recive a kick in tha face xD.

long story short, after he beat me the 4 time, he says to me... ha ha ha... i play wth cosmo back in Usa... and i was like omg, youre that Big D (i tought he used peach, not the FF), anyway he won the torney barely, really tight final he won using sheik at GF, cuz hes falco/fox was shut down xD.

i didnt make it out of the pools this time =(, i lost to a peach for second time (in a torney), and i was forced to a ditto sheik (cuz zelda vs sheik its really imposible to me), and i lost.

im retiring from Zelda, until i have mastered others aspect of the game that i think i can develop only with another character.

i hope someone read my history xD.

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
I dont know, i only played with him in friendlies, and when i didnt make it out of pools, i focused on Brawl, cuz i also play brawl & also with Zelda.

there was live stream, so... i supose there will be videos xD... here i founded a video of the two players who made it at the GF, but this was recorded maybe a week ago, this has nothing to do with Zelda XD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HZUAsyfwBI

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
hey dude!

yeah darkhart i play falcon, but i dont like playing falcon vs zelda cause im scared that they might switch to sheik

and yeah zein beat the **** out of my falcon so i went marth sheik

neko you have some good tricks (such as hiding the fact that you know english), but cosmo is faster than you out of shield is the most noticeable difference between you two, so i felt very free to attack your shield compared to how i feel vs cosmo. speed up your bairs out of shield and people will be too afraid to hit it. not to mention cosmo somehow lands grabs, but thats too weird for me to advise on

cosmo quit the game until i went to the other side of the world because he was scared of me, true story

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
hahahaha lol BiG D, i didnt hide the fact i knew english, but i dont have anyone to practice my english here, so im slow, and you speak spanish so xDDD i wasnt necesary for me to speak english.

u think im slow Oos... i tought i was fast xDDD, well i dont know how to speed up my Oos (i always felt that i cant jump earlier due to shield lag, correct if im wrong). and yeah... im to scared to grab with the crapy zelda grab. but im starting to do it more often.

and i always knew the fact that Cosmo is better Zelda than me, I also think he is the best Zelda, he use almost every Zelda move, and in the right time and place.

i will be retiring from Zelda (only for the next 3 o 4 torneys), until i reached a better understanding of the game.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
you werent bad out of shield, but cosmo has shown me that if i do an aerial through your shield with falco and end up behind you, i should get hit with a thunderfoot every time

matt i agree, thought that since the last time i played him even, but really im just bitter cause i didnt get to see that dude at all before i hightailed it out of the country

still like to think i could beat him though

TheLake

Smash Master
zeldas aerial evade is like

awsome

and COSMO VIIIIDS!!!!!!!!

and i need your child

plzthnxokbubyeg2genesis2

D

Deleted member

zelda's aerial evade is like...average. it just looks better than it is when players are afraid of being next to you. against better players, I think her best thing is air dodge in weird directions.

cosmo: I youtube searched SMYM12 and all i found was you vs some random samus player. thanks for making that match look awful (samus should lose it, IMO) but tell me, how did spamming your 2nd jump work out for you? I'd never do that vs a char with some juggling potential, so is it just something you do against samus or what?

Acryte

Smash Ace
who doesnt record finals -_- i was lookin for them cosmo vids man. GOOD **** COS, I won't get to see you before I leave chicago man, I'm headin to virginia tomorrow :p

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
finals should be recorded... still need to be encoded and uploaded etc
good luck in Virginia!

@Umbreon: it's a bit subconscious. I can use the double jump to get higher in the air faster without much risk against certain characters, but I'm not actively thinking about when to use it

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
yeah... its awful xDDD, but seeing others vids of cosmo vs others foxeses, i have to say, they all play really scared. this one in particullar, doesnt even grab!!!... why would you do that?!?!? xDDD

waiting for the finals xDDD

darkatma

Smash Hero
coz grabbing against cosmo doesn't do anything
we're all scared of him, he's a tyrant =[

my fox vs cosmo will be up too.. and it's just as sad

hey cosmo if i went zelda against you, would you go sheik? just wondering.

Zone

Smash Champion
Yeah to be fair a lot of the times when a fox grabs me It often leads to nothing major against me lol.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah fox can't do much out of grab honestly. Up throw to an attempted U-air that will probably miss?

Darkatma-- we need to play sometime. I've been to several tournaments that you've been to (because i've seen your name pop up in results) but I still have never talked to you and don't even know what you look like. I've just heard that you play zelda from multiple people including Bluefox who beat me at the last CGC and claimed he had ample experience against your zelda as well as a few others.

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
i disagree, i saw the finals, cosmo vs i dont recall, but in the vids it was called berserker or something like that, BTW cosmo lost that final. and for the first 2 rounds, the fox tried to up grab U air, and obviusly got a kick in hes face (my favorite trick BTW), but he realized in the next rounds, that he could grab threw up and wait in the floor DD patiently. then follow up with another grab or up smash or anything!!!.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Well it's true that zelda is at a big disadvantage if she's up in the air and the other character is on the ground, but it's not like anything's guaranteed on her when she's in that position. I know what you're saying and yes, it can be hard to get back to the ground without getting hit but she still has attack/airdodge options when falling back to the stage and maybe even farores options in certain situations.

D

Deleted member

up B to the ground is only useful while holding Z shield and if your opponents are too dumb to grab or have no reason to (hey samus). air dodge i think is totally legit though. also zelda has some really useful wavelanding stuff, although using it offensively is asking for run into shield into observe into react and zelda gets her *** beat for a while. thankfully people stopped doing run in block as soon as it became a brawl tactic lol

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
he realized in the next rounds, that he could grab threw up and wait in the floor DD patiently.
i think this is fox's smartest option out of grab against zelda, but it still doesn't guarantee anything :bee:

zelda's airdodge goes far; it is good.

still waiting for the rest of the SMYM videos....

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
yeah, but its like in basketball, ''who controls the rebounds controls the game'', in melee its like the same but with grabs xDDD, IMO xDDD. i think thats why Cosmo wins, cuz he lands 3 or 4 grabs per game... its like guess grabing xDDD...

D

Deleted member

i'm bored, can I join you guys for zelda dittos? I'm at chu's house for the rest of the night so we can meet up or w/e.

Top Bottom