• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the secret zelda strats discussionzone

D

Deleted member

lol, sounds familiar.

i played like **** at p5, even though i won pretty much all of my matches except zelda vs falco @ dr pp, I still played like **** by my standards. it felt pretty gay.

Zone

Smash Champion
I cannot beat falcons, and links apparently, lost to hdl, and s-mans link( round 2). I was doing awkwardly well against alot of sheiks, and falcos. All big name fox players ***** me, I did get a few big names down to last stock in our seriouslies. I didn't lose to any falcos in best of 3s but then again i didn't get to play zhu as falco, or dr.peepee.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
HDL is just really good, but zelda/link is a pretty even matchup and I think it largely just comes down to matchup experience

Zone

Smash Champion
I believe it's even as well, but I do largely blame the fact I let my powershielding skill go to waste when I started picking up high tiers

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah he can basically dash dance until you throw out an attack (which he will cleverly avoid) and then punish you hard for it. Zelda can do some pretty good damage to falcon too if she can hit him though and can edge guard well if she can get him offstage

Zone

Smash Champion
I'm willing to bet TheLake got credit for some of my ****... you wouldn't believe how many people thought I was theLake even though i'm asian and he's black. WTF >.>; So many people watching and just assuming things.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
It's definitely winnable, it just depends on how your opponent plays. If he knows what to do and doesn't mess up terribly though, GG son

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Idk, all I really meant was that it's obviously not an unwinnable matchup, it's just heavily in falcon's favor. My thoughts on the zelda/ falcon matchup-

-Falcon's faster and can dash dance in and out of zelda's range and dash in if she does anything. If you go for an attack and hit that's usually the end of it (there's no follow up combo), but if you miss he'll punish you for it.
-He can grab zelda much easier than she can grab him, and a grab dthrow = a knee
-Uairs and nairs can combo into knees
-If falcon gets one hit he can punish you for it much harder than you can punish him (with the exception of Uthrow->regrab/dash attack>kicks for zelda, but that's assuming he doesn't escape by rolling on a platform in the middle of that somewhere)
-Zelda has to get pretty much every edgeguard to stay ahead/even
-Most of the time when zelda is recovering back to the stage falcon is fast enough to punish it no matter where you end up
-Good falcon's will almost always DI the dthrow because it's so slow
-Even good players seem inconsistent while trying to DI U/Fsmash as long as you don't do it predictably, so they can both definitely be worth using. At the same time, there is a chance that you'll be punished for it

That's all I can really think of ATM. It'd be nice to see other views though. Especially from TheLake because he RAPESSSSSS

TheLake

Smash Master
Well

If theres on thing you can take from the matchup

is that it will NEVER be zeldas worse matchup

cause hes the only high tier that has to approach lol

and then like you can kick him

and its awsome :D

Zone

Smash Champion
dunno I hate falcon way more than sheik, >.>. Fox is definitely the gayest IMO. Cosmo how do you deal with Campy foxes. I know how to deal with aggression, but when they spam lasers wait for me to wifff a move then punish I feel powerless

I guess I just need to Learn sheik.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I can't stand playing sheiks when they needle camp so yeah, picking up sheik is pretty much my solution to that

"Zelda's boring to play against, and playing against Zelda doesn't prepare anyone/me for tournament play" -like everyone who plays/played against my Zelda. So gay

D

Deleted member

falcon is definitely not as bad as fox. however, falcon is also definitely harder than sheik. don't get me wrong, sheik vs zelda is pretty terrible, but at least zelda isn't completely shut down by any one tactic sheik has, unlike falcon's DD grab game. even if falcon is scared of running into kick for some reason, he can just run in and block and its still horrible.

also downthrow knee is inescapable for practical purposes. like, i think you can technically air dodge out if you're frame perfect, and then get regrabbed so w/e. zelda rarely dies from sheik under 80% if only because she can choose to be super venerable on recovery to avoid risky recoveries that lead to sheik's gimps.

edit: epsilon i loved our matches.

D

Deleted member

I agree with Umbreon

actually, he holds down+shield when you upsmash him and then he gets a free shieldgrab

upsmash actually owns falco who for some reason cannot do this
i played pp 4 matches on FD in zelda vs falco just for fun. the first match was really close because i caught a few pivotal upsmashes out of shield. in the matches after, he started doing laser > grab and you're forced to respect it because you don't want to take the much worse alternative of being combo'd to hell off of falco's aerials. those matches were noticeably less close. he also did the lasers with small dashes and pivots and it killed my otherwise solid PS ratio pretty hard. if the falco is too stupid to adapt, upsmash oos all day though.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
one of the guys I play the most told me the other day that I shouldn't play Zelda because I'm just kidding myself when I say Zelda is one of my better characters...

and I didn't care and kept playing Zelda and did as well if not better against his main than with any other character I play besides maybe Fox

and he still holds firm in his belief

it bothers me

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
most people I play don't let me play Zelda to much...

since I have high tiers they'd rather play against...
Sounds familiar

"Zelda's boring to play against, and playing against Zelda doesn't prepare anyone/me for tournament play" -like everyone who plays/played against my Zelda. So gay
Also sounds familiar

falcon is definitely not as bad as fox. however, falcon is also definitely harder than sheik. don't get me wrong, sheik vs zelda is pretty terrible, but at least zelda isn't completely shut down by any one tactic sheik has, unlike falcon's DD grab game. even if falcon is scared of running into kick for some reason, he can just run in and block and its still horrible.
Mmmm, good points. Sheiks needles can be really annoying to deal with but she doesn't quite have the combo potential falcon does or the DD grab options

one of the guys I play the most told me the other day that I shouldn't play Zelda because I'm just kidding myself when I say Zelda is one of my better characters...

and I didn't care and kept playing Zelda and did as well if not better against his main than with any other character I play besides maybe Fox

and he still holds firm in his belief

it bothers me
Your zelda probably is as good as your other characters.

MAYBE HE'S JUST SCARED OF THAT ZELDA

MAYBE HE'S AFRAID OF THE CONCEPT OF WOMEN BEING EDUCATED AND ACQUIRING THE TRIFORCE OF WISDOM

GOING AGAINST THE EDUCATION OF WOMEN? HE MIGHT EVEN BE A SUPPORTER OF THE IRANIAN GOVERNMENT

Conclusion:

Zelda ***** so play as her if you feel like it

TheLake

Smash Master
lol so if m2k went captain falcon against you cosmo you would have done worse? O_o

Sheik vs zelda is barely winnable at mid lvl play

where do you DI down throw to not get killed? You dont have dash camp or put thought into your vulnerable recoveries or throw out an aerial on shield and hope you dont get kicked

You stand there and throw a needle or too

and bair beats everything

EVERTHING

at least you have hope of gimping falcon in some dumb way

but you cant gimp shiek

unless they had a lobotomy and cant breath

and our dead

Zone

Smash Champion
Don't compare m2k's falcon to his sheik lol. Don't get me wrong his falcon is mad good, but not on the same level as his sheik IMO. There is a reason he doesn't bust out falcon against Marths even though he claims It's heavily in falcons favor.

D

Deleted member

all the marth players think their character sucks.

i'd rather fight a sheik than a falcon. mid-level sheiks are way easier than mid-level falcon. any tard can DD grab.

Zone

Smash Champion
upthrow a non-DI'ing falcon at 0% and then do a immediate SH-dair. It's probably useless cuz regrab is safer/better but it's cool. I don't have a friend to try and tech it. but it jab resets the falcon like immediately lol

I'm experimenting with down-air >.>;

hopefully i can find some nice tricks.

also i'm uploading my pool matches, from round 2 they'll be up soon.

Strongbad alread uploaded my round1 pools. I could use some critique on me vs Uuaa >.>

TheLake

Smash Master
all the marth players think their character sucks.

i'd rather fight a sheik than a falcon. mid-level sheiks are way easier than mid-level falcon. any tard can DD grab.
Lol tard can do ANYTHING shiek does :p

post the vids i aint seekin

I AINT SEEKIN

Zone

Smash Champion
just click my sig and look at all the recently uploaded ones :\

If you REALLY need me to link you i guess i can but for now i'm going to sleep.

Top Bottom