• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the secret zelda strats discussionzone

Zone

Smash Champion
It works on Ganon for sure, I've been doing that to Ganon's for a year now, other characters I get lucky when I hit them with up-air.
yeah it sets up nice for combos eh?!? :D

EDIT: also Darkhat I officially bought my plane ticket today. So the only way i'm not making it is if the flight is cancelled.

Prawn

Smash Master
ive got a secret zelda strat

hit down b
u just magically got better ggs

Prawn

Smash Master
why did zelda cross the road?

so she could get further away and become shiek

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
so u got like 10th??? its good numbers for zelda players anyway =).
next time ull get them!

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Picked up Zelda this weekend... took games from my crew's mains and seconds. ****.

Zelda in teams is mad fun, too. :D

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I love Zelda, people seem to have an unfounded fear of her for some reason

Plus I personally enjoy the challenge of not getting ***** until I can find openings to punish hard

It's like a zombie survival mode, you know you will undoubtedly lose in the end, so you just try to do as much damage as possible

Whatchu know about them platinum hits

Laijin

Smash Hero
I love Zelda, people seem to have an unfounded fear of her for some reason

Plus I personally enjoy the challenge of not getting ***** until I can find openings to punish hard

It's like a zombie survival mode, you know you will undoubtedly lose in the end, so you just try to do as much damage as possible

Whatchu know about them platinum hits
I don't think there is anyone that actually fears Zelda >__>

On a side note. in case you guise didn't know...
I actually use Zelda. I probably have the best Zelda in MD.
What a bold claim...haha

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I dunno, land a couple of nicely placed bairs/fairs in a row and people start acting funny

Plus I live in the Midwest and everyone here knows the mighty powers of Cosmo

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I do, it's ****.

I like to come up from under people onto platforms and nair behind them. If they shield, you grab, if they get hit you should be able to follow up with a shkick, at low percents maybe a grab. If it's a spacies and they shield, you run away in fear of getting sos or space the nair so you can shdfair/bair their shield and not get sos.

If they fall of the platform... retreat to the edge? idk lol I do know you don't wanna really end up below your opponent on platform though lol

Metà

Smash Master
oh that's cool. I'll try that next I play zelda. the n-airing behind their shield I mean

also, when is d-tilt better than d-smash for edge-guarding?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Zelda's jab sometimes combos to D-smash/D-tilt (though it's at super low percents so the latter is not very useful) and Dash Attack (higher percents).

Huh. That's kind of neat. Her jab feels so useless though. :/

Sooooooo slooooooooooow.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
space jabs on jiggs shield. its really really good

for edgeguarding:
dtilt is better than dsmash when they sweetspot. it hits stupid low
dsmash is better in all other circumstances
dsmash beats firefox cleanly without trading 100% of the time if he's not sweetspotting, which is broken.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Is Nayru's love any good for outprioritizing Falcon's running SHFFL'd aerials? Between the fact that it's invincible on startup, can be used in the air, and has disjointed hitboxes, it would make a good substitute for up-smash and f-smash occasionally, with the drawback of being too laggy to not use on reaction to a running SH from Falcon ...

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
dash attack falcon's sh aerials

i dont recommend NL but you guys should keep playin with it and maybe we'll figure something out :S

Nakamaru

Smash Master
thelake on nakathemarus account

NL is a fun last resort on down throw knee or some oddly free tactic as such (except agains shiek..GRRRRaAGERaageRaGe!!)

look at all this activity in the zelda forums!

theres hope yet me buccos! *puts on an eye patch*

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Wow, I gave up the internet for 2 weeks to see if I could survive without it (I don't recommend trying it. It can drive a man insane) but the activity on here amazes me. Good stuff

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
stuff about N- air, i love this attack specially when im getting back to the stage, it can put the enemy out of the stage and let u in xD, and if u l cancel right its almost a free kick xD, but sometimes doesnt get the enemy behind you. so... i was using this attack alot to understand this, but i cant figure out so far.

anyone knows how this works???

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Cosmo, why do you cp rainbow cruise so often? Is it just personal preference? The blast zones are nice for sure, but I feel like the magic carpet ride part of the stage just ruins Zelda with her crap second jump and aerial mobility. I've had a lot more success on yoshi's and fod actually.

Also Zelda on Marth is hard :( do you guys have any tips? The only thing I've really found to work best against Marth is down B looool

Zone

Smash Champion
lol I made this for the paint Rage thread in melee discussion but I figured you guys can appreciate it too lol Being Zelda related and all.

This is why her grab is so slow.

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
lol I made this for the paint Rage thread in melee discussion but I figured you guys can appreciate it too lol Being Zelda related and all.

This is why her grab is so slow.

jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja LOL thats the truth... but is we Move the SHIELD up and they hit an early n air, couldnt we be able to do a grab???

(or at least ruin his L cancel xD)

Zone

Smash Champion
jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja LOL thats the truth... but is we Move the SHIELD up and they hit an early n air, couldnt we be able to do a grab???

(or at least ruin his L cancel xD)
No, but doing that is a good idea. cuz then you can do other OoS options faster. nad you don't want to aim it up. aim it diagnally toward him. or if he's gonna hit in the middle of your shield. completely toward him. his nair is really low. so you benefit more from a mix of mostly horizontal aim vs vertical aim.

you really won't mess up a good fox's l-cancel with shield play.

Metà

Smash Master
I think Fox has to mess up pretty badly for you to be able to grab him. If you want a grab, you just have to be ready for when that happens.

at least, in my experience that's how it works

TheLake

Smash Master
haha hillaaarious

Rainbow cruise is the truth

and its ironicly

decent against marth...

WHERES HE GONNA GO?!!

Top Bottom