• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the secret zelda strats discussionzone

Zone

Smash Champion
ftilt > fair on fox

do you guys do that
Only when landing a f tilt is almost a guarantee. Such as after a jab reset or after a dash attack ect. You can beat some moves with it but cuz of how long it takes for it to end its risky

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SigTEZulrO4

I haven't watched this yet and can't actually watch it ATM but I'm gonna assume it's pretty legit. Lol, I've actually done the zelda/kirby team before in tournament (In genesis pools vs M2k and jman for instance). It's not as terrible as one might assume.

It's still terrible though.

Space toes, lol. But seriously, it does go deeper than that. Like if you get a grab on Marth/Ganondorf/Sheik/Link and maybe Roy and DK (I've never tried it on them), I go for uthrow uair/toes. Opponents often think they're still in hitstun. I know Marth/Sheik/Link don't do so well in the air so it also puts them in a bit of a bad position

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
The Marth match-up is so hard... **** that sword :urg:

I feel like that match-up is get lucky hits, trade as much as possible, get lucky toes... though fair/bair oos ***** mis-spaced aerials and the occasional fsmash, especially when they DI up and/or in at lower percents so I can get a second toe in, or a grab.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
down smash is actually more practical, neutral b is just more of a mix up/ they think they get more damage so they get cautious lol

plus I've never witnessed anyone tech that, whereas after a while my opponent learn to tech the downsmash.

Zone

Smash Champion
down smash is actually more practical, neutral b is just more of a mix up/ they think they get more damage so they get cautious lol

plus I've never witnessed anyone tech that, whereas after a while my opponent learn to tech the downsmash.
Funny you say that. I never really realized that was the case til you said something. Maybe it has something to do with Neutral B feeling like it won't knock you down like it does. Cuz you're sorta standing up the entire time until the last hit. Kinda like Falcon's rapid punches but it ends with a gentlemen in reverse instead.

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i used that setup a lot, but its really hard to do, maybe its not that hard but if u miss is gonna hurt, i preffer going off stage and kick them out, i do that to peach, marth, luigi & doc (these 2 i kick them after they do the down B to fly up), in some cases to fox and falco, but my im starting to get read everytime i try to use those tricks... so maybe its time to learn dins fire.

@umbreon, do u use din against every char???

D

Deleted member

yeah, i used that setup a lot, but its really hard to do, maybe its not that hard but if u miss is gonna hurt, i preffer going off stage and kick them out, i do that to peach, marth, luigi & doc (these 2 i kick them after they do the down B to fly up), in some cases to fox and falco, but my im starting to get read everytime i try to use those tricks... so maybe its time to learn dins fire.

@umbreon, do u use din against every char???
only the obvious ones. so like, not marth. etc.

Zone

Smash Champion
Lol I was in Orlando tourney this last weekend everyone who didn't know me was Asking me if I was cosmo

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I've had to play a luigi at every tournament that I've gone to so far that's had pools instead of just a bracket. It sucks

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I haven't really seen that matchup. I know some Luigis who would destroy my Zelda though. (Talking like I have a Zelda. Lol. But I want one! :facepalm:).

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Zelda vs DK is even, maybe slight advantage for Zelda.

I can't handle Zelda on FoD, too hard. She never dies from cargo up throw Uair and I can't dash dance camp, such bs.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
But DK can KO with punch, can't he? He should always have one fully charged, since Zelda isn't fast enough to chase you down. If you always have a punch ready, Zelda has to be more cautious in the air, giving you more flexibility with bair; and if she goes in her shield more, those are additional grab opportunities.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
To beat zelda with DK, have a punch ready at all times and spam bair. Throw out a punch whenever you feel the situation calls for one. But generally speaking, if you just space bair well enough zelda can't do much actually (at least not in my experience)

Zone

Smash Champion
To beat zelda with DK, have a punch ready at all times and spam bair. Throw out a punch whenever you feel the situation calls for one. But generally speaking, if you just space bair well enough zelda can't do much actually (at least not in my experience)
I've yet to get ***** by a DK, I hope it happens some day :D
(I mean as Zelda, I've been ***** by DK as captain falcon before)

Although I think if you jump out to kick DK after his b-air, he can l-cancel to beat your kick with Up+B if he delays his b-air on your shield. Kind of a mix up I guess. I say I think cuz I didn't get to thoroughly test it, because I might've just messed up when i kept getting hit by it.

Shag

Smash Cadet
This Thread is ballin XD

On a side note, i been nairing a lot more lately, seems to do some pretty cool stuff 30-50% of the time...

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
zel beats dk pretty good dk has no shield v zel kicks poke and fsmash always pokes and dtilt always pokes

zel def has advantage

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah I don't doubt what you're saying, I was really just hoping for a link to a video where a zelda beats a good dk or something

Or some insight into how you beat bair spam

Top Bottom