• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the secret zelda strats discussionzone

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
cause i dont know if you fellahs (or ladies!?) but...
Despite the fact that everyone here plays a female character, I've got the sneaking suspicion that every person here is a guy lol
lol, hey I wanna play your Zelda with my other characters. I've always wondered what it's like from an opponents point of view to fight my Zelda.
Me too actually. Playing again zelda as other characters would probably help me determine what works with zelda and what doesn't. I guess I'll have time to try that at Genesis2
Zelda fellows, i got a new Q, Zelda JC grab is 1 frame slower than dash grab, but it has the same hitbox???
Idk, but I've always dash grabbed so it'd be nice to find out for sure what's favorable

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Cosmo, The grab isnt that bad at all, only that u have to know how to use it. if Links and Samus can grab, any PJ can xD... i noticed cosmo grab after doing a roll, i dont know how he do it, im starting to use it like Oos WD grab. and in the floor battle, shield grab always win xD

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
me again!! i was searching info about grabs, and the only thing i found was in the Statistics topic of mew2king xD, cuz i wanna be sure de JC grab hurt zelda, not that i dont trust the word of cosmo, but to me, its seems tha JC Grab has more potential than dash grab, not to mention cosmo uses standing grab, wich its the same as JC grab (im wrong about this?). well here it is, the 2003 info xD

Zelda
Grab - 12 frames / Total Time - 30 frames
Dash Grab - 12 frames / Total Time - 40 frames (10 frames more!!!, but theres no data about range... =( )

Grabbing Range (relative approximations)

1) Samus
2) Link
3) Young Link
4) Marth
5) Roy
6) Yoshi
7) Kirby
8) Sheik
9) Zelda (just below sheik, i think sheik has good range!! at least zelda is top ten here xD, but they forgot to tell, if this range was using JC or dashed)
10) Falco
11) Jigglypuff
12) Mewtwo
13) Peach
14) Fox
15) Luigi
16) DK
17) Ice Climbers
18) Mr. Game & Watch
19) Ganondorf
20) Captain Falcon
21-22) Dr. Mario / Mario
23) Bowser
24) Pichu
25) Ness
26) Pikachu

Credits: MaskedMarth and (m2k) for making this list.

is i want to test range how i could do that, i supose i need a program xDD like the one magus uses to DI gifs xDDD

Zone

Smash Champion
Alot of Zelda's grab range is like above her head it's weird. Or maybe I'm just grabbing them, and by the time her grab actually lands they are just almost landing on the ground again LOL

Not sure but I feel like she can grab higher than most people.

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
i got the same feeling, its beautiful when a fox come down with drill or neutral and end being grabbed xDDD
but if i can understand the grab perfect, i can give a tought how to use it.

Cia

das kwl
I totally ravaged with Zelda today. Even got a tournament 4 stock. Not gonna say who it was against, but it was ****.

::subscribes::

:colorful:

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
IASA = interrupted as soon as.

If a move has IASA, it means you can cancel its ending animation with another move, running, walking, or jumping (usually shielding too). Afaik, holding down will not activate IASA.

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
thks!, i always tought that the first thing u could do with IASA was ducking xD, now my zelda is going to be a little more fast.

@vanz any vids???

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
good stuff vanz, I'm a fan of many of your characters, I can tell you could be great with Zelda

I'll make some grab gifs later, i am getting devastated by homework atm

Cia

das kwl
thks!, i always tought that the first thing u could do with IASA was ducking xD, now my zelda is going to be a little more fast.

@vanz any vids???
good stuff vanz, I'm a fan of many of your characters, I can tell you could be great with Zelda

I'll make some grab gifs later, i am getting devastated by homework atm

oh and yeah, everything was recorded. I got ***** a few times, but I ***** a lot too. Prog is really backed up with vids tho, so it might be a while before they go up.

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
Zelda FTW
I also 4 stocked someone!
Although he doesn't main or use the character normally he was pretty nasty!
It was a Marth!!!
But i think my Zelda has ways to go still, i did beat Irish Mafia's peach with my Zelda though.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Zelda FTW
I also 4 stocked someone!
Although he doesn't main or use the character normally he was pretty nasty!
It was a Marth!!!
But i think my Zelda has ways to go still, i did beat Irish Mafia's peach with my Zelda though.
^his zelda is great. i'd tap.

Merkuri

Smash Lord

oh and yeah, everything was recorded. I got ***** a few times, but I ***** a lot too. Prog is really backed up with vids tho, so it might be a while before they go up.
Maybe tri-state should assign someone else to record videos. Prog doesn't seem to care anymore.

Cia

das kwl
We should give him some time. He might just be taking a needed and well-deserved break.
Agreed. It's a pain to mass upload and chop videos. Not to mention synching up with commentary. I would offer to upload vids but I know he wants to build his channel.. So I'll just wait it out.

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
i was reading bout aerials and i found the autocancel, and i dont know what are the rules of this... its better than L cancel?, if u press L to do an L cancel u cant do an autocancel?, etc etc...

so... anyone knows the rules of autocancel???

Zone

Smash Champion
So um.. I know I told TheLake about this, But does anyone else try to shield poke with up-air? I sometimes go for it on the tall characters. :D. It's really frame specific and hard to pull off. but because it's barely hitting their head it can shield poke the top of their shield rather than the bottom and it's good to use after you condition them to downtilt shield poke.

thoughts?

there are alot of times where i'm pretty sure I did up-air the latest possible and completely whiffed them, and there are times i got it to work.

this is probably not THAT practical but I believe there is always a scenario where this woulda been the right choice. it's just finding that rare moment, and then remember to do this and executing it flawlessly will be highly unlikely.

I don't think it works on peach. That slight crouch she does when she shields seems to put her just below the up-air dmg radius. so it seems like it'll always whiff unless she aims up.... which means her shield is up.

Try ganon to mess around with it he's the easiest I think

Top Bottom