• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scottish Smash Thread

VA

Smash Hero
imagine if ryan picked up sheik, played the game a bit, arrived at a tournament and just owned everyone.

you think this is funny? it could actually happen. Only he doesn't want to.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
I actually used to live in the midwest - in Minnesota. I played Aarosmashguy once, lol he ***** me sooo bad. I prolly can't make the showdown after just going to berlin for a tourney, but I'll be back in MN for the summer tho so if there's anything going then i'll try to make it.

grayfox

Smash Champion
lol thanks guys but I'm not that good. If Allan and Paul etc or that is up for it I wouldn't mind saundering along to one of your guys events to help out. I don't really have an interest in playing the game any more but it'd be fun and I'm sure me and the rest could teach you lot a bit.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
@yeniths - thx dude!

@grayfox - it wud be awesome if u guys cud come along we cud definitely learn a lot from u veterans. I'm thinking of also having a poker tournament after everyone is smashed out lol.

VA

Smash Hero
SUMMER! The time of staying inside and playing smash.

This will certainly deter Zeppo from playing. Smash is for losers, it's a video game and thus any achievements in it are meritless.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I've never said that lol. Smash has done a lot for me and improved parts of my life and approach to things substantially. You're just insecure about my attitude towards it now :suess:

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
I have just realised that I have only ever beaten SS twice. Neither of these times were with characters I main, secondary, or really use at all.

Thats just soul crushing.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
@ Seikand after going to berlin ive prolly played more foxes than uve played melee games =L and u second..well bowser? XD

@Zeppo(vs frostbyte) why is this the first game that ive seen you in wtf XD good ******.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
hey everyone!

Smashfest this saturday, May 1st! We're gonna run a singles and a doubles tourney so it'll be even more awesome than the last time!

location: The balcony room in Teviot - we have an actual room kick a$$ room this time instead of the mezz

It's gonna be awesome playing everyone again! Hopefully y'all can make it!

edit - ppl confirmed:
me
Ac anon
Grayfox
polanskers
shiftingshadows
titch
ch8ese
tuna the asian
Taro
foulplay

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
hey everyone!

Smashfest this saturday, May 1st! We're gonna run a singles and a doubles tourney so it'll be even more awesome than the last time!

location: The balcony room in Teviot - we have an actual room kick a$$ room this time instead of the mezz

It's gonna be awesome playing everyone again! Hopefully y'all can make it!

edit - ppl confirmed:
me
Ac anon
Grayfox
polanskers
shiftingshadows
titch
ch8ese
tuna the asian
Taro
just a heads up- Anon is gonna cc dsmash everything and win this ;)

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Since I'm not going to have access to a computer for the next day or so after I leave this flat to go back home - I actually can't make this and shouldn't have said I could, clearly. Though, because I'm such a forgetful dolt I've entirely forgotten that I actually need to go back home and help them move into their new house which was asked of me to help days before I mentioned going to this - should have remembered but didn't.

Whenever the next one is, I'll attend for sure, but unfortunately, I've made prior commitments. I'm pretty gutted to say the least, I wanted to have an old fashion Allan vs Kieran moment, but sadly it won't happen this fest.

Allan get your arse to the next one, same for you Ryan.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
its slightly last minute i know but if anyone could bring a tv to the fest (a crt obviously) then could u please post, as it is unclear who will show up when etc and we might need more than the 3 tvs that are confirmed.
as a back up plan we could just buy a tv from some shop near to teviot.

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
AYYYY if you haggisman wanna try to get my TV out of my room and then back in, we can bring that one. But prolly not, cause its a pain in the *** ahah

Looking forward to playing all you guys :D

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
hey guys! sry for taking so long to post. These are the results for the fest on saturday.

melee singles:

1. Tuna the asian
2. old master grayfox
3. shiftinghaggisman
4. AC anon
5. Asia the asian
5. Seikend the asian
7. polanskers
8. Taro taro taro
9. titch
9. thom
9. ch8ese
9. Eddington

melee low tiers
1. Tuna the fish
2. grayfox the wise
3. Teh 4tunecookie monster!!
4. thom
5. Ac anon
5. Taro
7. Haggisbreath
7. seikend
9. polanskers

Congrats to the asian tuna for winning both tourneys and thanks to everyone else for coming!

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
fo' shizzle! the scottish scene is coming back!

@bulletbill - there were no pure purple **** games :(. I played a lot of ganon tho, and AC anon played mewtwo for a while.

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Omg man, Ben you shoulda seen what these ******* Shifting and Ed came up with. You gotta kill the other guy with an element attack to get extra points or some ****...way over my purple **** head...

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
lool yea the elemental kill game is so epic, the rules:

winner is who ever has most points at the end
3 points for a purple ****, fire or electrical kill (falcon is cencored)
1 point for any other kill
-1 for an sd
2 points if u win the game

its amazing, mewtwo dittos are so fun.

Top Bottom