• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Schoolgirl Famicom Detective, Ayumi Tachibana for Smash Switch (Famicom Detective Club Remakes Coming to the Switch)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Excellent content so far! And here I was already convinced it'd be locked as a japanese exclusive game so I'm glad to be wrong!

I doubt she has high chances considering we only have 2 slots left but here's me hoping this gets a sizable fanbase comparable to at least Zero Escape or Danganronpa!
Yeah. I really look forward to new Famicom Detective Club fans coming in and this fanbase growing in the future. It's quite exciting.

amageish

Smash Master
Excellent content so far! And here I was already convinced it'd be locked as a japanese exclusive game so I'm glad to be wrong!

I doubt she has high chances considering we only have 2 slots left but here's me hoping this gets a sizable fanbase comparable to at least Zero Escape or Danganronpa!
Yeah, I'm also not going to hold out too much hope that a digital-only release of a remake is going to merit putting Ayumi in Smash Bros with two slots left, but I'm still super duper hyped for the localization and really do hope that a fandom grows out of this.

More mystery VNs are always a good thing in my book and I'm so hyped~!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know fogbadge fogbadge , I don't understand why you always get into arguments with me about stuff even the small things like the Gyorg 3DS fight subject I was bringing up earlier in the Skull Kid thread. I respect others opinions to disagree with me or not, but sometimes I feel like you and some other folks on this site have something against me.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You know fogbadge fogbadge , I don't understand why you always get into arguments with me about stuff even the small things like the Gyorg 3DS fight subject I was bringing up earlier in the Skull Kid thread. I respect others opinions to disagree with me or not, but sometimes I feel like you and some other folks on this site have something against me.
im not trying to to start arguments im trying to understand your position. the gyorg thing was cause i saw something about him in the remake recently and i wondered if it was something similar which it wasnt. didnt i agree with you that it was tricky?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
im not trying to to start arguments im trying to understand your position. the gyorg thing was cause i saw something about him in the remake recently and i wondered if it was something similar which it wasnt. didnt i agree with you that it was tricky?
Kind of, but I felt like you didn't thought it was that big of a deal or I might have made it sounded more complicated than it is. But I guess that's my Autism for people to not understand right?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'm also not going to hold out too much hope that a digital-only release of a remake is going to merit putting Ayumi in Smash Bros with two slots left, but I'm still super duper hyped for the localization and really do hope that a fandom grows out of this.

More mystery VNs are always a good thing in my book and I'm so hyped~!
At least it might make her actually viable for the next game/probable FP3(?), since no international availability was basically the one thing that stood in her way.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Kind of, but I felt like you didn't thought it was that big of a deal or I might sound more complicated than it is. But I guess that's my Autism for people to not understand right?
probably doesnt help that i have autism as well. but i do respect your opinions on both of these matters

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hey! There's one of my favorite Nintendo gals, Ayumi! In one of two beautifully remade games!
Always wanted to get into them, but i never had the "right" system to play them on.

With full portability and optimization (no emulation shenanigans) I feel like I'll finally enjoy these.

Question though. Once finished, are they worth getting back to? Even if you already know the whole story?

amageish

Smash Master
At least it might make her actually viable for the next game/probable FP3(?), since no international availability was basically the one thing that stood in her way.
True! The fact Sakurai has historically wanted her in and the barrier that stopped her previous inclusion is now gone is definitely a good thing...

...we just also kind of have a conga line of characters Sakurai has historically wanted in that have never gotten their second wind. I guess we'll see if Ayumi is a Chrom or if she sits in purgatory alongside characters like Dixie Kong...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Famicom Detective is now a worldwide series! Easily one of, if not the best reveals today. And the remakes look amazing! The folks at Mages have really done a good job, might be the best production values I've seen for a visual novel. I'm looking forward to all the new fans these games will (hopefully) spawn.

And with this, the one barrier that kept Ayumi out of Smash is suddenly gone. Could this precede an invitation to Ultimate? ...Maybe! But honestly I think the localizations only became a thing when Nintendo noticed the demand/the quality of the games, so she might not have been in the cards when the Pass was decided. But for future games this is fantastic news.

...I just realized I have to update the petition I started to call for the localization. Feels so unreal.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
FAMICOM DETECTIVE CLUB MORE LIKE NES DETECTIVE CLUB NOW

I have been waiting and hoping that these would come to the west for years, and with the remakes getting announced I have been getting my hopes higher and higher. And now I haven't been blueballed! With the confirmation of the remakes coming to Switch in ENGLISH put my name right there on the list of supporters for Ayumi getting into Smash.

I love love love mystery media, and with visual novels getting really popular recently I can see a bright future for this series finally coming over the ocean. If this remake is good it could really spark a whole fanbase, and with that popularity could come Smash hnnng I am trying to not let my lofty hopes go too high here lol but yeah I'm excited as heck for this

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I was disappointed by the Pyra reveal, but since they revealed Famicom Detective Club, it would have been a great segue to reveal Ayumi as CP10 and then reveal the two FDC games. People talk about Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton, but Ayumi is totally owned by Nintendo.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This is absolutely awesome! I can't wait to play the first game finally, and the new animated sprites and designs look great! I can't wait to see what a certain side-character in The Girl Who Stands Behind (gonna have to get used to that) looks like! It's a great day to be a visual novel fan and I already see a bunch of my friends excited to play this great series!

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
I just saw the direct. Congrats to our girl Ayumi! She may have not been inducted into smash yet but she scored a MAJOR victory. She at least tore down that stupid "No Japan Only" barrier that Sakurai arbitrarily erected. This is a HUGE step in the right direction. It looks like Ayumi is taking the Kid Icarus route to Smash.

This news along with the previous fact that Sakurai has shown a willingness to reconsider ideas he had for previous games by including Sukapon and Ditto, really show that Ayumi has a shot. Also, The inclusion of Pyra and Mithra is reassuring that Spirits alone do not deconfirm a character.

Be sure to buy these games if you want Ayumi in Smash, this is our chance to vote with our wallets. Convince everyone you can to buy them as well! I will be buying both of them. As well as Skyward Sword HD.

Again, Wooo!!! Go Ayumi! That's our girl!

EDIT: On a hilarious side note. I was watching a random live reaction to the Direct on youtube. And the youtuber actually thought "Famicom" was the company making the games. He literally said "I wonder how much Famicom paid to get their games into a Nintendo Direct."

001_Ayumi (1).png

Last edited:
Top Bottom