• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Schoolgirl Famicom Detective, Ayumi Tachibana for Smash Switch (Famicom Detective Club Remakes Coming to the Switch)

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
Looks like they are 35 each and 60 if you buy both. Will hold out for now just in case a physical version happens, but I doubt that's the case and I'll have to settle for digital.
What really? Are you sure? I thought it was 70 for both. Are you talking usd?

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
well a full fledged remake on the switch isnt something any other retro character has got. do we still count pit as retro?
Pit is on his way to becoming retro again since next year will be 10 years since Pit's latest game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, quite happy about the Miitopia Port (could give more chances to a Tomodachi Life sequel or Port).

And I do see more 3DS ports being plausible, yes.
Off-topic but I kinda hope (but not holding my breath for it) the Wandering Heroes from StreetPass Mii Plaza: Find Mii I & II will be in Miitopia Switch.

Love those cats, dogs, and bunnies... and people who know me know I want them in Smash.

But knowing Sakurai, we probably will get a generic Mii Mage when Miitopia Switch comes out.

D

Deleted member

whats wrong with miitopia?
I think that what they tried to say is that they didn't saw the Miitopia Port coming at all, rather than saying the game had any problem.

Mostly because then they talk about how they want Miitopia stuff in Smash and such.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think that what they tried to say is that they didn't saw the Miitopia Port coming at all, rather than saying the game had any problem.

Mostly because then they talk about how they want Miitopia stuff in Smash and such.
well thyre talking about how they want something from street pass quest in it to help them be in smash thats not quite the same thing

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So, are those two different versions of the same games, or is one a sequel to the other?
The Girl Who Stands Behind is actually a prequel to the first game. They're both great visual novels that are super influential - you can really tell how they've inspired the Ace Attorney series. I recommend at least picking up The Girl Who Stands Behind if you're interested.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

So they're releasing a Collector's Edition in Japan and on the Japanese website, it says this game will only be released physically with the Collector's Edition so it looks like westerners ain't getting physical copies. The Collector's Edition will have artwork from both games and even artwork from the original Famicom versions and will have two CDs. It will cost 10,978 yen the equivalent to $102 or $105 US dollars.

The Girl Who Stands Behind is actually a prequel to the first game. They're both great visual novels that are super influential - you can really tell how they've inspired the Ace Attorney series. I recommend at least picking up The Girl Who Stands Behind if you're interested.
So should I play The Girl Who Stands Behind first since I haven't played any of the games?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

So they're releasing a Collector's Edition in Japan and on the Japanese website, it says this game will only be released physically with the Collector's Edition so it looks like westerners ain't getting physical copies. The Collector's Edition will have artwork from both games and even artwork from the original Famicom versions and will have two CDs. It will cost 10,978 yen the equivalent to $102 or $105 US dollars.

So should I play The Girl Who Stands Behind first since I haven't played any of the games?
Hmm it’s the qbby amiibo all over again

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
For real? He’s the main character from the boxboy series and the third game got an amiibo of him which was japan only
I never heard of the series. I'm not that knowledgeable about many current new franchises as I'm more of a Retro gamer who loves the old stuff.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The Missing Heir was released first but I've only ever played The Girl Who Stands Behind. It doesn't spoil Missing Heir. I'd pick them both up and play Missing Heir first since it came out first but I can only vouch for the second one's quality.

amageish

Smash Master
Say, if you enjoy reaction videos, then I recommend the Source Gaming team's Famicom Detective localization reaction. It best reflects my own reaction to, which was confusing all of my friends in our voice chat by being randomly very excited for a mystery game they had never heard of.

Actually, in retrospective, they probably weren't that surprised; this is very in-character for me.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The Missing Heir was released first but I've only ever played The Girl Who Stands Behind. It doesn't spoil Missing Heir. I'd pick them both up and play Missing Heir first since it came out first but I can only vouch for the second one's quality.
So from a story perspective, would it be better to play The Girl Who Stands Behind first since it takes place before The Missing Heir in the timeline? I know you told me it doesn't really matter if I play the original before the prequel, but I might want to play it in order of the timeline of the story instead of the release.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
20 years after Melee and Ayumi’s game series finally got an international release.

Now the games... are they digital only or is there a physical release?
It's looking like it's probably going to be Digital Only in English. Even in Japan you can only get it physical if you get the Special Edition. There is no regular Physical copy available for sale.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So from a story perspective, would it be better to play The Girl Who Stands Behind first since it takes place before The Missing Heir in the timeline? I know you told me it doesn't really matter if I play the original before the prequel, but I might want to play it in order of the timeline of the story instead of the release.
I don't think anyone here will be able to answer that, the only way to play The Missing Heir is in Japanese so I imagine none of us have. So it boils down to whether you prefer to play them in order of release or in chronological order. What do you usually prefer to do when something has prequels?

The games are pretty standalone anyway, and I imagine that since they're being released at the same time (and non-numbered) the dev team probably made them so that either order is equally enjoyable.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I say it's always best to play in release order. If something is a prequel, it has the benefit of hindsight and therefore has certain references or Easter eggs that you'll appreciate more if you play the game that released first. Plus it's like people have been saying, the stories are pretty disconnected so there's little fear of spoilers.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Depends on the series, if you ask me. Take Yakuza for instance, a lot of people got into it via 0, it's a prequel yet that didn't deter them in the slightest and it was highly accessible to newcomers.

It would be cool to see a sequel or a Port of the 3DS game.
Seeing Sak's view on non-Smash sequels, I doubt that Uprising will get that unless a lot of begging to him is involved. :sakuraipower:

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't think anyone here will be able to answer that, the only way to play The Missing Heir is in Japanese so I imagine none of us have. So it boils down to whether you prefer to play them in order of release or in chronological order. What do you usually prefer to do when something has prequels?

The games are pretty standalone anyway, and I imagine that since they're being released at the same time (and non-numbered) the dev team probably made them so that either order is equally enjoyable.
I usually play games or watch movies in release order.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hey, has anyone check the DLC Speculation thread? According to someone there, an old document from the year 2000 reveals that Ayumi was in consideration to be playable in SMASH 64!
The story we’ve heard was in one of his columns sakurai said he considered her for melee but decided to her out because she was Japan only

And then added Marth

Top Bottom