• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Tofer_Magicant
So I was thinking, since the smash scene is becoming alot more active I thought I sould bring something up. We should make T-Shirts, the front of the shirt saying "Smashers of San Antonio" then the back would have a list of the players from SA.

What do yall think? I thought it would be a cool thing to have, for ooc's or something.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Does anybody want to have a get together at aXe's again this weekend? We both want more experience playing but we can never get anything setup in Austin.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Does anybody want to have a get together at aXe's again this weekend? We both want more experience playing but we can never get anything setup in Austin.
I'm free this weekend. I can come on down for something if being held by thee.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Where the hell is the rock station in San Antonio?
This completely went by me several pages back.
HeroMystic, are you already in San Antonio?

=====

Just thought I'd remind everyone of what's going on in Texas for the next few months:

May 1st: Phase 8 (Dallas)
May 8th: HOBO24 (Houston)
May 15th: Nikefest (San Antonio)
May 21st: EX2 (Dallas)
May 29th: JUJment Day (San Antonio)

June: ???

July 9th-11th: San Japan (San Antonio)

August 14th: Mashfest (San Antonio)
Even excluding all of the out of town events, we have a pretty good amount of tournaments to come.

Why don't we try having two bimonthly events for the city?
When we go out of town, we can just run a single event (or when Kyle runs his bigger events). That sound pretty good?

Having bimonthlies and the occasional monthly wouldn't be too bad, and it'd save up money for those who can't afford trimonthly and all this other nonsense we've been doing lately, lol.

San Japan is a pretty big event, and I'm only assuming it will have Brawl. It's probably best to talk to Kyle about this one, since I have no clue.

It'd be best for July and August if we run the tournaments toward the end of the months, in those two cases, unless we decide to go to a OoC event.

June's wide open though.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I'll be discussing tournaments today with San Japan. Here's what I'm planning on:

For sure:

Brawl singles/doubles
Super Street Fighter IV
tekken 6
TvC
Mario Kart

Maybe:

Blazblue CT
Melee
SFII HD Remix

Throw me some suggestions if you have any.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
This completely went by me several pages back.
HeroMystic, are you already in San Antonio?

=====

Just thought I'd remind everyone of what's going on in Texas for the next few months:

Even excluding all of the out of town events, we have a pretty good amount of tournaments to come.

Why don't we try having two bimonthly events for the city?
When we go out of town, we can just run a single event (or when Kyle runs his bigger events). That sound pretty good?

Having bimonthlies and the occasional monthly wouldn't be too bad, and it'd save up money for those who can't afford trimonthly and all this other nonsense we've been doing lately, lol.

San Japan is a pretty big event, and I'm only assuming it will have Brawl. It's probably best to talk to Kyle about this one, since I have no clue.

It'd be best for July and August if we run the tournaments toward the end of the months, in those two cases, unless we decide to go to a OoC event.

June's wide open though.
You forgot Akon 21.

June 4-6. Add it now.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
GreyFox: I don't think he forgot A-Kon. Me personally, I'm not letting any kind of Brawl mess with my A-Kon experience. Methinks that's what Espy meant.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wouldn't forget A-Kon.
June has dates for events to take place, though.
I sure as hell won't be going to them if they're out of town (or obviously on the dates of A-Kon, like HOBO most likely).

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
hey Kyle, remember that time I showed up at san japan, and played melee, and a bunch of people were like "hey, what's that beautiful game?"

I'm thinking somethings like that should happen on a bigger scale

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

ill move s.l.u.t to a later date then

unlessss, you guys wouldnt minda tournament 2 weeks after, i know how we got tired out with all these tournaments so close to each other

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

ill move s.l.u.t to a later date then

unlessss, you guys wouldnt minda tournament 2 weeks after, i know how we got tired out with all these tournaments so close to each other
Paw, we went to B2B tourneys. Mizuumi and St Philliips. I think having a tourney 2 weeks apart wont be much. But then again, I have a job with a steady income so money is no problem for me. :D

EDIT: Also, I'm announcing that after San Japan, I'm fully retiring from Brawl all together. I'm selling my game after San Japan is over and done with.
If you want any MM from me between now and then is the time.

NOOOO Greyfox! What will you do? What will WE do?

If youre really quitting then I want to money match or tourney set you so we can play a for serious set.

Also, how good are you guys at pokemon?

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
**** greyfox, :(

**** castro you changed your avatar again, god ****.
and please, dont ask them about pokemon, please for the love of humanity

look at all those *'s, i should stop cursing (i blame MW2)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dang Greyfox, I won't be able to give you PT tips in person before then. :(

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why Quincy Why??????????????
I'll tell you later.

NOOOO Greyfox! What will you do? What will WE do?

If youre really quitting then I want to money match or tourney set you so we can play a for serious set.

Also, how good are you guys at pokemon?
1. You guys will be fine without me in the scene.
2. I'm gonna be busy doing other things. Mainly trying to get back into school and the like.
3. I'll accept your Challenge. Using whoever you want me to use.
4. Me and JUJ are beast at Pokemon. Hit us up if you want a Pokemon Challenge.

**** greyfox, :(

**** castro you changed your avatar again, god ****.
and please, dont ask them about pokemon, please for the love of humanity

look at all those *'s, i should stop cursing (i blame MW2)
Too late Paw. Pokemon is something everyone can get into. Join us. :X

Dang Greyfox, I won't be able to give you PT tips in person before then. :(
No johns. And just for you I might main PT till my time is up. You can teach me off hand on what I need to do and the like.

We're all crap because none of us play for real.
Except JUJ.
In Brawl I doubt anyone here is really playing for keeps.

In Pokemon, you forgot to add me in that. :D

I am going to say this here and now. If you wanna MM me or have a serious set against me this is your time. I'm not on the PR so doing this isn't going to help your chances getting that top 10 spot but I'm still pretty good. Let me know what you wanna do.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
*sad face* greyfox . . . completely retire? not even allowing an occasional team friendly every now and then from that point on, where i can be the best teammate evar? :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom