• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
theres zigsta for ya
More PTs = More accurate data.

I don't play to win: I play to figure out MUs and theories, and then pass on the knowledge to Ikes who can actually use it. :bee: lol If I happen to place top 8 along the way one day while doing this, I'll be shocked. And probably a sign that the TX Brawl scene is dying. >_> <_<

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Nothin' but love, Magik.

Niddo, we'll play. If you're looking to collect data, I'll test out all three starters if you'd like.
Yes please. :bee: Now I just have to actually make it to the tournament, and I'm all good. lol

I have theories about how to fight Squirtle outside of the grab-releases and theories about Ivy and Charizard in general, so it won't be like I'll be sitting there, waiting for you to use X move.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
hahah @ D3 team vs DK team

honestly though, its not as bad as D3 vs DK singles. you have one DK spam down b and have the other DK go bair/grounded upb aggro against the D3s. its totally awesome.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If San Antonio goes to Phase instead of HOBO, Austin will have nowhere comfortable to spend the night, and I'll miss out on spooning with KPrime... and that just can't be.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Phase 5 - Brawl & Melee
Jan 30th 2010
Dallas, TX

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259333

Attempting to revive brawl and melee... lol. If you can come, DO IT!
Sorry UTD, if Steakfest 2 wasn't on that day I think we might go. However Steakfest is here so I don't think SA will show up unless it's a surprise or something.

@PX: I think we are gonna be going to HOBO 22 so if Austin wants to do like we did the last time then your more then welcome to join, granted if JUJ is cool with it. I'm almost curtain that he is cool with it. :)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Ok S.O.S.A., this just in.

I got word that JUJ might not be going to HOBO22. If that happens, I'll put money to the side and rent a car if you guys still wanna go.

We have one month. Lets do it to it. :)

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
i want to go :(
but i gots another tourny to go to on the same day,

mayb if you guys clone with t he pokemon clone glitch i can go to your guys tourny

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
Ok S.O.S.A., this just in.

I got word that JUJ might not be going to HOBO22. If that happens, I'll put money to the side and rent a car if you guys still wanna go.

We have one month. Lets do it to it. :)
im a smasher from san antonio. . . . can i be a part of S.O.S.A. to? <3

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dang, Pokemon hype must be huge this time around if the RGV wants to come.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
you know i always wanted to go to a hobo, mainly because i've never been to an OoC tournament before. If you has any room next time let me know ;)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
How about we just take a break?
San Antonio has gone to every HOBO for the last few months now, and I'm sure everyone's wallet is drained after FS8. It's without a doubt that Steakfest is going to do no better for anyone money-wise who does want to go to HOBO22.

If JUJ can't go, then there's a pretty good chance that I will just sit this HOBO out. I need to prepare expenses for other events later in the year anyways (really, just WHOBO and A-Kon, but combined, that means I need to save about $400).

After Steakfest, I probably won't go to anything else until after WHOBO and AKon expenses are secured, save for perhaps a single HOBO or Phase sometime during February or March.

Of course, feel free to go on to HOBO22 if you have the money for it.
Just count on me not being available when it happens, is all. I'll be sure to notify you guys (Greyfox or JUJ, or whoever), if I change my mind, or if I'm able to spend a bit more than I originally plan.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
How about we just take a break?
San Antonio has gone to every HOBO for the last few months now, and I'm sure everyone's wallet is drained after FS8. It's without a doubt that Steakfest is going to do no better for anyone money-wise who does want to go to HOBO22.

If JUJ can't go, then there's a pretty good chance that I will just sit this HOBO out. I need to prepare expenses for other events later in the year anyways (really, just WHOBO and A-Kon, but combined, that means I need to save about $400).

After Steakfest, I probably won't go to anything else until after WHOBO and AKon expenses are secured, save for perhaps a single HOBO or Phase sometime during February or March.

Of course, feel free to go on to HOBO22 if you have the money for it, of course.
Just count on me not being available when it happens, is all. I'll be sure to notify you guys (Greyfox or JUJ, or whoever), if I change my mind, or if I'm able to spend a bit more than I originally plan.
That's cool. Just let me know about a week before and I'll see what I can do. If you, Prime aren't gonna go then I guess we will wait cause really you two are the only ones going and me going by myself is just silly and a waste of money. =/

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
I still don't approach, are you crazy? My matches start like this:

3... 2... 1... GO!
-turns around, charges Donkey Punch-
-opponent approaches me-
-B REVERSAL 9 WIND PUNCH KOs AT ZERO PERCENT WTF THAT WORKS?-
(for all 3 stocks)

rofl

Nah, it feels liberating Suspect. I still use Snake when I don't feel like approaching though. :)

I'm pretty bad at random DK MUs, it sucks. Pit's more annoying than D3 (minus infinite) for me.

EDIT: I was semi-planning on going to HOBO22 with you guys. We'll see what happens I guess?

Suspect

Smash Hero
Just dont let Pit grab you at low percent (especially small stages), eat some arrows up. You will still live longer than him.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
EDIT: I was semi-planning on going to HOBO22 with you guys. We'll see what happens I guess?
You can still try to see if you can scrounge up some SAers still willing to go. I know Paw wanted to go, and Greyfox was still okay with it I think. If they both agree to it, then maybe talk to Prime about it, and you got four people right there. You'd just need housing, or rent a hotel out for that night. You can even talk to Austin about that if need be.

=====

If not, then perhaps during that weekend, or any weekend around this time, we can just host little Smashfests to keep the community around here active?

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Just dont let Pit grab you at low percent (especially small stages), eat some arrows up. You will still live longer than him.
this is true.

get to about 40% and then you're safe from CG's and you'll live from 40% to ~150%

pit dies at like 90% from a 9 wind iirc

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
I tried approaching Esca with Up-B and he Mirror Shielded me off of the stage at like 60 percent. :(

I'll try more Pit vs. DK next tournament I go to and decide whether or not I'll play Snake in that MU.

Greyfox, hypothetically speaking, how much would it cost to ride with you for HOBO22 if we had a good amount of people coming with us?

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
^^^^^^

that suuuuuucks

then again Esca is really good. and that matchup is gay.

also against Pit i think its way better to approach with tilts or even dash attack. his punish game isnt as awesome as other characters

jab is also too good, its one of DK's best GTFO moves

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
MorningStar, I don't think you rode with me before but if I do plan to go my fee is only 5-10 on gas.

I'm gonna talk to some guys in Houston to see if they are willing to house San Antonio. Without Espy, he can't keep me away on the way back in the same day. I'll have more info on this much later.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
the rule of finanacial responsibility: if you feel like its financially irresponsible to do something, 99% of the time it is.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I'd rather go to Phase 5 :(

But I'm iffy on HOBO 22. Dunno if it's financially responsible for me.
the rule of finanacial responsibility: if you feel like its financially irresponsible to do something, 99% of the time it is.
Lol, I'm the one that will lose money from going to either Hobo or Phase. I know the risks I'm taking.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I guess I'm the only player in Texas for brawl singles Pound. ADHD is in my pool. I will avenge you guys!

Leaving early tmrw morning. I'll be sure to text some of you guys updates about the tourney in case the livestream people are being lazy about it.

<3

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I guess I'm the only player in Texas for brawl singles Pound. ADHD is in my pool. I will avenge you guys!

Leaving early tmrw morning. I'll be sure to text some of you guys updates about the tourney in case the livestream people are being lazy about it.

<3
Good luck Nike. :)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
i'm picking up D3 for funsies
*has flashback to FS5*

The CGs....the CGs! :( So many D3s in my pool...

*has flashback to FS6 friendlies*

*attempts to play a friendly match against Judge's D3, but he gets like 5 spikey dudes in a row*

Curse that fat penguin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom