• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
HOUSTON VS SA CREW BATTLE?!?!?!

so are yall just ignoring me or what? houston wants to come, but we need housing...i also wanna mm anybody and everybody who plays melee. so far all i got is me vs santi

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Merry Christmas San Antonio Smash!
Castro is moving out of his apartment in january, so on Sunday or so he'd like to hold a mini smashfest while he still has the apartment. He has one tv, and no wii. I will bring my wii for sure.
So far he wants to invite these people: Nike, Morningstar, Juj, Greyfox, Espy, Donkey Bong, Zook, ALEJANDRO, KPrime (even though we've never met him) and me (pretty much all of the sa smashers). If anyone else is interested in coming say so and I'll ask him.
Does Sunday work for everyone?
Sure, I think I can make it @ 5 or 6 on sunday. Man, SA smashers live pretty far from me! Feliz Navidad to all of you too! :)

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
DK vs MK is so much fun. I haven't had the chance to play a really good MK with DK yet, though. I'm excited.

January 9th is gonna be a big day for me. :D

The rise of Solid Deadward Punami Kong.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
lol espy beat me to post, but yeah, thats what MKs do to DKs. all of them.

unless they suck.

and i think Dojo doesnt suck.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
sounds like so far we got 4 tvs 2 wiis and 1 brawl

i think maybe 1 or 2 more tv is needed but it would be appreciated if you guys brought your wiis, we needem to plays :(

who payed for your premium account suspect? lol

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
That's all you're gonna get. Anyone who DOES play Melee is too lazy to go out of their way to get involved with the community here in San Antonio.

@Morningstar: Dojo's gonna do this to you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDSFGf1DuB4
Well, now he is.

lol espy beat me to post, but yeah, thats what MKs do to DKs. all of them.

unless they suck.

and i think Dojo doesnt suck.
And I don't think Dojo sucks*

I'll try really hard.

I don't wanna wait for the Smashfest.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sup, guys. :cool:

Espy, why didn't you use your dazzle to record matches?
The program I use for recording has been acting up lately, so I'm using my digital camera until I can figure out what the hell is wrong with it.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
ps3, AND SUPER BAD *** BLACK WII MOTE AND NUNCHUCK. man i'm gunna be so cool walking around with those things.

in other news, i just got done playing brawl with my friends. they said i couldnt play anymore cause i took the game too serious and was too good. (they were all just terrible :()

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hmmm...

I got that Harry Potter movie that just came out...and two shirts...and earphones...a book I already own...five bucks...and a hershey's chocolate bar.

...can't say I'm not envious of all the folks firing up a brand new PS3/new game this holiday season.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
well. i guess technically i bought the ps3 with my own money, but i got it on christmas, so its a present....from myself >_>

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
in other news, i just got done playing brawl with my friends. they said i couldnt play anymore cause i took the game too serious and was too good. (they were all just terrible :()
haha when I played Brawl with my ex-gf's friends, they complained when I kept winning most of the FFAs. They wouldn't believe me when I said things like "Sonic sucks" or "Metaknight and Snake are the best characters in the game"

Then they would start calling any character i played cheap, including bowser, Captain Falcon, Sonic, and Toon link. They also were like "hey, stop standing on the edge of the screen!"

Thankfully other times when I play with a group of scrubs they don't mind so much. I do try to make concessions so I don't always win, like putting items on or going off the stage for kills that I won't make it back from.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Dude, you should've just used Ike in FFA's against scrubs. Much more fun. :)

Ahem, this is Castro. A few notes about Sunday: You might want to bring yourself some sort of chair, theres not much furniture left in the apartment, just the couch and the kitchen table and chairs. The kitchen chairs are really high up and will only work for a set up placed on that table. I suggest a beanbag chair if you have one laying around. Paw will bring his wii and brawl, so thats one set up for certain. Zook is going to take his brawl disc to cd exchange today to get it cleaned (it freezes if you pick ZSS or toon link). If it comes down to it I can always ask my cousin and my non brawl playing friends to borrow a wii/brawl disc. If anyone wants to hack any wiis or exchange textures I removed the sd card reader from my computer a long time ago (At least I think so...I tinker with it a lot). But if needed I could see if my cousin could bring his SD card reader over. 5pm was good for most everyone right?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
If anyone wants to hack any wiis or exchange textures I removed the sd card reader from my computer a long time ago (At least I think so...I tinker with it a lot). But if needed I could see if my cousin could bring his SD card reader over. 5pm was good for most everyone right?
I have a laptop with a built in SD card reader. I'll bring it over. I need textures and stuff.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
Ahem, this is Castro. A few notes about Sunday: You might want to bring yourself some sort of chair, theres not much furniture left in the apartment, just the couch and the kitchen table and chairs. The kitchen chairs are really high up and will only work for a set up placed on that table. I suggest a beanbag chair if you have one laying around. Paw will bring his wii and brawl, so thats one set up for certain. Zook is going to take his brawl disc to cd exchange today to get it cleaned (it freezes if you pick ZSS or toon link). If it comes down to it I can always ask my cousin and my non brawl playing friends to borrow a wii/brawl disc. If anyone wants to hack any wiis or exchange textures I removed the sd card reader from my computer a long time ago (At least I think so...I tinker with it a lot). But if needed I could see if my cousin could bring his SD card reader over. 5pm was good for most everyone right?

yes, use your own account! :D
and i have faith in sa smashers to bring enough setups (i think)

Also, when you enter the apartment complex after turning right on military, turn right again and head towards that drive-in gate. At the keypad press 0405 and it will call my phone. From there I can open the gate for you. Just drive along that road past the first garages and my building will be the first one on the left. Park anywhere except for in front of the garages. But if you're Nike and are bringing tvs go ahead and park in front of the very first garage in my building if there is no car there, thats my garage. Second floor, first door on the left. Ill probably send somebody out to fetch everyone when the gate calls me.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
i may be getting a wii as a late xmas gift... either a wii or a DS, i'm not certain yet.

unfortunately, i wont have it by sunday, so i cant bring a setup. :(

edit: will bring an SD card. i also want some textures/hacks in case i do end up with a wii. also, i dont want to have to go through the torture of beating Subspace Emissary. *shudder*

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
i may be getting a wii as a late xmas gift... either a wii or a DS, i'm not certain yet.

edit: will bring an SD card. i also want some textures/hacks in case i do end up with a wii. also, i dont want to have to go through the torture of beating Subspace Emissary. *shudder*
i'm not gunna lie, i loved subspace emissary. except for the whole go to all these random places on the map at the end. i didnt know they had dots for each place on the map till about 2 hours searching. if you havent figured it out by now, i am a stupid person.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
i thought it was cool for the first few levels, where there was still variety, but then they did that bull at the end where you go to random places like you said. i was thinking "uh no, **** this."

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799

For all its worth, SSE was not bad. I loved going through it but I did it once and really didn't feel like wasting time when I need to practice with characters.

Also I have the textures and songs and character selection all customized to my liking. If you wanna copy and paste is to your SD then feel free. :)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
F*********CK

I guess I'm buying a copy of Brawl tomorrow. Getting Wii backups to work is a exercise in frustration. It's either the Brawl ISO or my portable hard drive.

Either way, at least I don't have to worry about any mishaps, and now I have a guaranteed extra Wii+Brawl for tournaments.

I hope I can find it used.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
F*********CK

I guess I'm buying a copy of Brawl tomorrow. Getting Wii backups to work is a exercise in frustration. It's either the Brawl ISO or my portable hard drive.

Either way, at least I don't have to worry about any mishaps, and now I have a guaranteed extra Wii+Brawl for tournaments.

I hope I can find it used.
Dude, just check any GameStop. The one off of Bandara and Mainland is full with them IIRC.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I should be heading over around 5PM to Castro's place. I'll be taking a Wii+Brawl, and Tofer/KoN may be joining me as well.

See you guys there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom