• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Well, because KM said he was going to talk about the rules for FS6 there, I'll see if I can show up or not.

What time is it again? >_> I won't be able to stay long if I do go.

EDIT: n/m, checked first page. >_>

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I'm going so be ready MorningStar cause I'm takin you out this time. ;)

One more thing, Everyone going with me to SWAT the price has changed to go.
Instead of 25$, it's now 15$. Found out that it might be 270-300 to rent so I decided to bring the price down so you can keep a little more cash on you. :)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
So far the only changes I've made to the rules is banning Luigi's Mansion, Corneria, and Yoshi's Island (Pipes).

I'm up in the air about Grab release infinites. My belief is that in an infinite doesn't require advanced set up, it shouldn't be allowed. Things like the IC's cg require both ICs and Nana to be in the correct position, and you can kill Nana and then there is no cg. Wall infinites require you be in the right position, and no stage left in the stage list has any permanent walls.

Grab Release infinites don't require this set up, much like the DDD standing CG.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
So far the only changes I've made to the rules is banning Luigi's Mansion, Corneria, and Yoshi's Island (Pipes).

I'm up in the air about Grab release infinites. My belief is that in an infinite doesn't require advanced set up, it shouldn't be allowed. Things like the IC's cg require both ICs and Nana to be in the correct position, and you can kill Nana and then there is no cg. Wall infinites require you be in the right position, and no stage left in the stage list has any permanent walls.

Grab Release infinites don't require this set up, much like the DDD standing CG.
Sorry I couldn't make it. Homework.

Anyhow, what about Grab Release CGs? Will they fall under a different category if infinities are banned?

The other thing about Grab Release infinities is that most of them are actually hard to set up. You have to force the right type of break every single time, while the other player is madly trying to force the other type of release. And a lot of the grab release infinities require frame perfect timing (like Bowser's). Maybe just put a general limit on them?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
When you talk about grab release infinites, do you mean like...Ike's air pivot grab release infinite on wario or...Marths standing pummle ground release on ness...or both?

I don't think I've ever been to a tournament with these things banned, and I've never really seen them done either. They are a very small part of the game that almost never comes into play at tournaments. They are not overcentralizing anything, and they are not overpowered in any way...why ban them?

As for %'s you need to kill at, almost every character in brawl can live from a throw at 200% lol. The sbr has a 300% rule, why don't you just use that?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
When you talk about grab release infinites, do you mean like...Ike's air pivot grab release infinite on wario or...Marths standing pummle ground release on ness...or both?

I don't think I've ever been to a tournament with these things banned, and I've never really seen them done either. They are a very small part of the game that almost never comes into play at tournaments. They are not overcentralizing anything, and they are not overpowered in any way...why ban them?

As for %'s you need to kill at, almost every character in brawl can live from a throw at 200% lol. The sbr has a 300% rule, why don't you just use that?
This. Why ban that which has almost no effect on the tournaments?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone abuse any of the two techniques shown above, nor have I seen a match decided on just those types of abilities either. No reason to ban them if they're so inconsistent and unreliable (based on how often you DON'T see them, I mean).

Suspect

Smash Hero
Suspect, you're moving to Japan? If you think there's no camping you're a little delusional, lol.
Naw Guam but its not that far from it, maybe i should have been more clear

they dont camp as much

i heard japan doesnt even sell tents
So

I love the way Suspect plays with me whenever we smash. He's too goodz
what on earf?

I read this as 2 ways so i am confused

1. I like the way Suspect plays, he's too good

2. I like the way Suspect toys with me, he's too good

Please tell me which version you are talking about >_>

EDIT: funny how i knew what video morningstar posted before i clicked it lol

EDIT2: oh snaps, greyfox callin out morningstar

EDIT3: Kyle, you should make things like grabs off wall (D3, ike, etc) acceptable to 300% from what i heard is that you have to stop the throw/ throw away after 5 grabs

Delfino for neutral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ftw

EDIT4: Any word on price change for wootz team tourny? i doubt that negro will change it, but me and espy want moniez so he better

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Suspect, those wall CGs only work to 100ish% (character dependent), except for D3's which works forever. Stupid cheating penguin.....

Santi

Smash Lord
If yall are coming friday. You guys will probably need food money for food friday night.

Suspect

Smash Hero
anyways lol

i heard there is suppose to be some round robin tourny this wednesday

think yall are sneaky not telling me? >_>

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Guys just wondering, what time do you think we'll be leaving/coming back Friday and Saturday? It doesnt matter, but we're just wondering so we can make plans around it and stuff.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I would like to leave around 3ish on friday so we can get there at a decent time.
On Sat. I hope to leave before 12 midnight so we don't get back to San An at 4 in the morning.
Night drives are rough. :x

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Ike isn't going to be low tier and he really won't after the new tier list comes out.

If anything Zelda might be low enough for low tier but I'm not holding my breathe.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike isn't going to be low tier and he really won't after the new tier list comes out.
Tell that to all of the Marios/Sonics/Nesses/Lucases/Yoshis who think they all belong above Ike. >_>

The only one I could see happening is Sonic if suddenly tournament results count more.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Guys, I think it's time we plan Genesis. So far I know that Kyle and SOS are going. I will be flying.

Lets gooooo
Actually because of summer classes and a huge lack of money I really doubt I'm going to be able to go. I haven't even bought plane tickets.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Guys, I think it's time we plan Genesis. So far I know that Kyle and SOS are going. I will be flying.

Lets gooooo
Man, you a crazy little white guy.

Genesis is WAY out of my league, so no point wasting money in something I can most likely see on the net. :)

Suspect

Smash Hero
Ike has been let in some low tier events already, m2k wins them using Ike

he is 1 spot above low tier, i say let him be in all low tier tournies

or weegee ;)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
If you do then you have to let Zelda in and Bowser and Sheik and the such. =/