• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Since the archive thread is still opened after adding KillerJawz's thread, is there anything you guys see that I should add or change?
If all's okay, Dryn can lock it again. :3

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
rob? well okayi never thought of you as a rob secondary
It took a while but it seems rob just feels right. I know it seems weird i choose ROB over the rest of th ecast but hey, if it works, it works

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
It took a while but it seems rob just feels right. I know it seems weird i choose ROB over the rest of th ecast but hey, if it works, it works
cant argue with that kind of logic, i finally decided that i was going to secondary peach... she play her differently than samus so she feels like a good throw off.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Mr9 I've been using Peach as a secondary too! High five!

My tournament plan is to start with Peach on a neutral and if I lose counterpick Samus on battlefield, which I feel is an almost guaranteed win

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
Mr9 I've been using Peach as a secondary too! High five!

My tournament plan is to start with Peach on a neutral and if I lose counterpick Samus on battlefield, which I feel is an almost guaranteed win
dude your the reason i picked up peach, those replays of you wasping , inspired me to [pick her up... she is so much fun and very different from samus that she does throw people off, my close friends say my peach is very combo-ie

Ps *HIGH FIVE!!!!*

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So yea I finally went to see Avatar the other day.

And 9 was right, the movie was pretty amazing. Perhaps there will be a second?

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
So yea I finally went to see Avatar the other day.

And 9 was right, the movie was pretty amazing. Perhaps there will be a second?
aperently the movie already grossed over 200mill so if there starting to make a profit than thats a good thing, james cameron said if avatar maid a good amount he make the sequel.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Wtf? Samus is a GIRL? This ruins everything =(

Oh man, that samus' was bad. I wish i could give him some advice, like dont roll so much, stop dodging>smashes, and learn to sdi!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Since the archive thread is still opened after adding KillerJawz's thread, is there anything you guys see that I should add or change?
If all's okay, Dryn can lock it again. :3
I take noone responding to that as hint that the thread can be closed now.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
The good DI is actually his SDI. He did SDI to tech Zamus' jab, which should have sent him half way off screen since he was over 100%. He also did SDI and good DI against Zamus' bair to WALL TECH. That part is very good I'd like to think. Overall I think he only used it 4 times in that match very obviously, which is more than most of us can say for ourselves. Although we probably could do better in the fighting part of it.

Hey, I noticed he got faster/better when he was on his last stock. Maybe he just needs the adrenaline to be better?

The good DI is actually his SDI. He did SDI to tech Zamus' jab, which should have sent him half way off screen since he was over 100%. He also did SDI and good DI against Zamus' bair to WALL TECH. That part is very good I'd like to think.
Oh that, yeah that was pretty nice, but he got that skill from playing a different character, not from playing her D:.

Overall I think he only used it 4 times in that match very obviously, which is more than most of us can say for ourselves. Although we probably could do better in the fighting part of it.
You should speak for yourself, that kind of is pretty easy once you play enough ZSS, however, I believe that match was ladder, so well played to him for doing it on wifi.

Hey, I noticed he got faster/better when he was on his last stock. Maybe he just needs the adrenaline to be better?
Everybody needs it to be better, you can't just pick up the game and expect to be amazing, the adrenaline gets you going ;o. But you are right, he did pick up the pace.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Anyone have enough experience with music producing computer software in order to tell me how to instal asio4all for Reason? I asked n00b if he knows because he is a wizrard and he told me to ask Rohins and I haven't asked him yet but I will eventually lululul

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
I know we don't have a video critique thread or anything like that, so I thought this is probably the most appropriate place to post this. A few of you probably remember me saying that I wanted to show some of my videos from the first tournament I went to, NO KOAST. Well, my brother got them up for me, so now I can show you guys. Keep in mind that these videos are all of pools matches. I ended up leaving early because it was a 4 hour drive there, and it was already 9pm, and they didn't have doubles bracket finished yet... Singles came after doubles at this event...

Anyway, I picked out three of the matches I'm most proud of. If you guys want to see more, be my guest, but I honestly played crappy since I was unaccustomed to this kind of stuff. Either that, or my opponent was so garbage it wasn't worth showing off.

Me vs Joker (Snake) match 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN7ya5lbhKk&feature=channel
Me vs CTX (Toon Link) match 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzgskjO3OiU&feature=channel
Me vs Kirby (G&W) match 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5vPSeUVdQk&feature=channel

And sorry for the quality in the 3rd video... My friend gave another friend of mine the camera... and he seemed very distracted. But, that was also the match that I believe someone dropped my Wii, thus resulting in why I'm Wiiless right now.

I know we don't have a video critique thread or anything like that, so I thought this is probably the most appropriate place to post this.
Think I should make one?

Okay, here we go:

I love your fair spacing, but use zair over it if you have to choose. There were MULTIPLE times where you could have zaired his grenades and pulled off some damage AND spacing. Don't be so obvious with your CSes, heck, even I when watching knew when you was gonna do one, but I LOVE your use of homing missles though, you really apply that pressure. Also LOL at the last kill.

Absolutly superb playstyle against TL. Your falling uair to double jab was very interesting, im stealing that :3. I just don't think that stage benefited you to much, it interupted your use of tilts, also, when facing TL, after shielding the first hit of his dair, UpB OoS, it hits him.

NEVER CS WHEN YOUR FAR AWAY. Abuse your ftilt in this MU, it ***** him hard, since it totally outranges him, look out of that bair, it beats us (Except zair of course, zair him CONSTANTLY, he can't do **** against it). When your going for the kill, try dtilting, even with Braking he dies very early. Homing missles **** him since he can't absorb them, and can't really bair through them since they come out faster then he can throw out his bairs.

But apart from that, you did well, not so much against the snake, but you played well against the TL, very impressive spacing <3.

Isn't brawl pretty much a sausage fest in general? I've only seen a couple of casual female gamers. Haha, one of my friend girls has MW2, but she mostly uses the 360 for netflix :p
Yeah but it's like that with alot of games, especially fighting ones, excluding dead or alive 4. (Second best DOA4 player was female, and alot of high ranking DOA players were female aswell),

Top Bottom