• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
I play a decent Sonic all the time, so i am pretty good in that MU. any kind of long lasting hitbox like nair destroys his spin-dash apporaches, but he has ways to cancel them and has some decent mindgames. And he has that **** bair, but as i found, samus Bair>Sonic bair, true story

@IYM: Ike has super armor on the way up from aether, and most ikes try to sweetspot the ledge, so it is in your best interest to use missles more often than zair when he is off-stage. Except maybe is he uses quick-draw at a high location, but that is fairly quick so if you want to zair him you will need some good timing

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
i USed to Play Kuraudo a lot, Now though I haven't played him in a while so my sonic exp is bad, aha, yess, ours is longer I believe, and so much more powerful.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
I am actually quite surprised that ours has more range since Sonic's is just so weird with those unusual hitboxes. but i find it as good knowledge if he tries to spin-shot into a bair.

I have found myself training my D3 a lot more atm. since all my mains are either low-teir or mid, i am using him as my high tier backup. I actually like to CP him against characters that he normally can't CG since i am fairly good at tech-chasing (but you already know that =3) I am also getting my old touch back with ZSS. <33333 her uair

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Quiksilver got 3rd in a low tier tourney last weekend. I sadly only know the top 3 since germans don't post results (germans suck).

Low tiers:
1st = Mr-R :link2:
2nd = Luigi Player :ness2:
3rd = Quiksilver :samus2:

Teams:
1st = Koukin + Calzorz :diddy: + :snake:
2nd = Mr-R + iStudying :marth: + :diddy:
3rd = Staco + Luigi Player :metaknight: + :diddy:

Singles:
1st = Mr-R :marth:
2nd = Luigi Player :diddy:
3rd = Staco :metaknight:
Whoa, what's with Europe and teaming with Diddy?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
samus vs ike is

whoever jumps first loses

so you just wait till they jump then you zair

and stay away from the jab/ftilt.

Ness/Lucas are overall better characters than Samus lol
much better ground game, Ness has a p good air game with lame range but it's still p good
Lucas got the kill advantage over Samus definitely
stay safe, predict fsmashes

I have phantasy star 0 <3 <3 <3

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You poor, misguided soul.

;_;
Yeah, i get that a lot...
Last time i got that was March of 08 on a history exam :p

But i can take the fact that i'm different, so no need to judge.
kthanx.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
@LP:

Quoting a good friend of mine:

"Weird is good, strange is bad, and odd is when you don't know which to call someone. Weird is the same as different, which is the same as unique, than weird is good."

=3

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Thanks for all the MU advice guys. I'm definitely gonna try DIing up for lucas' nair. I dunno if I'll get to fight that lucas however, cause he's working on Diddy now, haha. Anyway, I can't say I've fought that many or any good Ikes. Ike is fun as hell to play though. That jab game is too fun.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
You should fight his Diddy whoever it is. Diddy is an MU that you should learn if you haven't already. I personally love the Diddy MU because whoever controls the bananas gets the upper hand and i love nana play against diddy.

I prefer Luigi's jab game =3

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
May i be linked to a time when this thread was out cold for more than a day? Nearly 2? :x

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord

And finally the obligatory this.
Hahahahaha, too funny. That theme does fit with everything. It's also the pinnacle of manly music haha.

Also, Vocal - "These are my friends. See how they glisten. See this one shine, how he smiles in the light, my friend, my faithful friend." Probably one of my favorite musical/movies that I've seen in the past 3-5 years.
At last, my arm is complete again!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Hahahahaha, too funny. That theme does fit with everything. It's also the pinnacle of manly music haha.

Also, Vocal - "These are my friends. See how they glisten. See this one shine, how he smiles in the light, my friend, my faithful friend." Probably one of my favorite musical/movies that I've seen in the past 3-5 years.
At last, my arm is complete again!
"Pretty as her mother?"

"What was that?"

"Nothing, sir, nothing."

Lol I could probably quote any line of any song in that movie by heart ^_^ It's definitely my favorite movie, bar none. It's much better on the stage, I can tell; unfortunately, I've only seen a ****ty production of it :urg:

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
"Pretty as her mother?"

"What was that?"

"Nothing, sir, nothing."

Lol I could probably quote any line of any song in that movie by heart ^_^ It's definitely my favorite movie, bar none. It's much better on the stage, I can tell; unfortunately, I've only seen a ****ty production of it :urg:
I've never seen it performed on stage. I didn't even know it was actually a play till I youtube'd some of the songs and saw other uploads. AHHHH, I wanna watch it now haha.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I've never seen it performed on stage. I didn't even know it was actually a play till I youtube'd some of the songs and saw other uploads. AHHHH, I wanna watch it now haha.
There are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many things they cut out of the movie, of course because it's a movie. I love the movie to death but there are a bunch of great things it just doesn't have; verses, scenes, even a whole song or two. You've definitely gotta see it sometime :D

@Cherry: I want that guy irl just so I can see him fall with my own eyes XD

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Nifty little tidbit of info I learned form Rohins, If you stand and fire a super missile and oli shields it, assuming you fire another super missile right away, his shield won't block the missile from smacking him in the face. and no, he doesn't have to hold down his shield, he just can't perfect shield it.

another note, super missile cancels don't hit him /fail.

But congratz Vocal if you think that your character takes skill to run around and "Snatching yo people up, tryin' to **** em" :D I'd say his size alone puts him higher on the tier list than everyone else :p

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Nifty little tidbit of info I learned form Rohins, If you stand and fire a super missile and oli shields it, assuming you fire another super missile right away, his shield won't block the missile from smacking him in the face. and no, he doesn't have to hold down his shield, he just can't perfect shield it.

another note, super missile cancels don't hit him /fail.

But congratz Vocal if you think that your character takes skill to run around and "Snatching yo people up, tryin' to **** em" :D I'd say his size alone puts him higher on the tier list than everyone else :p
If Olimar was the size of PT, he would be broken, but much easier to hit. Things like Pikmin Chain wouldn't be necessary, all he'd need to do is Duo jump with boosted prowess. Not too sure on his grabs, but they'd be oh-so-ranged. Covering half of FD.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Olimar is already like 20x his Pikmin game size :laugh:

Yes, I love it when you super missile cancel ;)

And yea, his size does help a lot lol, though I'm still jealous of Samus' double jump and bomb jump antics (SHE'S JUST SO SMALL!)

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
In the prime games the Morph ball is about 1 meter in diameter. Smash overestimates how compact she becomes a bit, but i always loved how her double jump makes her relatively small.

@KJ: Btw...
Nids moar Zair =3

Top Bottom