• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Heya Izzy, i can help out that GC tutorial:bee:

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Guys, I'm back and stronger than ever.

Actually I've been playing tons of Samus these past couple weeks, I just haven't bothered to post on this board in a while. :3

Double Samus is da bess. (tag: Ismar)
Discuss.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
For starters Rishi, work on going to sleep at a reasonable hour. >.>

Welcome back, hope to see you at a tourney for once in like 5000 years.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Umm, no unfortunately. He is back in MD with me though.

I'll probably visit him next semester though. I'll PM you when that happens.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Droppin’ bombs on this mother****er, destroyin’ this maze.
Samus Aran eradicatin’ the Mother Brain in this place.
Fat pay, I’m a renegade, the top of the class.
**** around and get a power bomb stuck in your ***.
See all the space pirates came to use the Metroid for evil.
Harness the power for weapons and kill millions of people.
But with a bounty on your head, soon you’re gonna be dead.
‘Cause I’ll shoot a ****in’ missile that’ll explode in your head.
Take notes mother****er as I lock on my weapon.
Sentencin’ evil to death, no need, to keep you all guessin’.
Watch your *** Mother Brain, ’cause I’m ****in’ insane!
By the way my name’s BrandO, and I’m obsessed with this game.
I break down the roof with these power bombs yo.
Flip shoot repeat, I got the mother****in’ flow.
I’m gonna make it to the room, I’ll be seein’ you soon.
My ****in’ missile-happy *** will be sealing your doom.
Mother****er. Kaboom!
lol
Heya Izzy, i can help out that GC tutorial:bee:
I mainly need help learning how to not play like it's Melee and do stuff without a C-stick, since my crappy controller has a broken one. I SD with the Classic and save going Wiimote only for money matches. Also I found my other controller so it's not necessary, but would be nice to learn anyway. Dang you MLG. :L
Guys, I'm back and stronger than ever.

Actually I've been playing tons of Samus these past couple weeks, I just haven't bothered to post on this board in a while. :3

Double Samus is da bess. (tag: Ismar)
Discuss.
Conform dis. Also, I think I'm unrusty now. Hopefully I'll be attending an in-person tourney this weekend and see.

Smash G O D da bess

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Oh, lol, i've been on C-stick for quite a while, it just makes everything so easy XD
What are your specific needs? I can still play without C-stick, but i'm going to be much much worse.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Finally getting wins with Spamus, but i use 50% Zair, 20% Missle, 30% Aerials.
Doin it wrong? :S

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Guys, I did horrible. My Bowser got 3-stocked.
I think I'll go back to focusing 100%(or close enough) on Samus for a while. At my best I think I was like 60% Z-air, which is amazing for me considering I almost never even use the grapple beam offensively at all before/when I was mega-rusty. I relied on D-tilt/D-air and trying to land a surprise B-air(or trying to kill at all in other words) too much, methinks. Got jittery with projectiles and Up B. Lastly, I SD'd too much/not used to not lag-fi.
Will see about getting recorded matches posted up/critiqued.

Also, Ice Missiles in B- are fun.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You're doing it wrong.

It's 100% zair.
OMG thank you T.T
I knew i was doing something wrong.

Guys, I did horrible. My Bowser got 3-stocked.
I think I'll go back to focusing 100%(or close enough) on Samus for a while. At my best I think I was like 60% Z-air, which is amazing for me considering I almost never even use the grapple beam offensively at all before/when I was mega-rusty. I relied on D-tilt/D-air and trying to land a surprise B-air(or trying to kill at all in other words) too much, methinks. Got jittery with projectiles and Up B. Lastly, I SD'd too much/not used to not lag-fi.
Will see about getting recorded matches posted up/critiqued.

Also, Ice Missiles in B- are fun.
I hear what ya mean Izzy, I don't normally get enough offline, so when i do, i suck to the brink of failure. =x
I'd suggest getting more offline for a while with whoever you can just to grow on it a little more than online.
Even if it means taking a hiatus.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
I hate fighting DeDeDe, almost as much as I hate fighting Falco. D3 survives till rediculous percents despite it being Samus and his own projectiles act like shields. Even without the infinite, his CG is annoying.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
lol, Samus can barely KO at all, but D3 barely dies.
Such an unfair mix :V
How do you win?

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Against a good D3, you don't. I pretty much just use zair and missles the whole match and try to get a CS when he gets to like 175% hoping it will hit, but against a particularly good D3, i will camp the ledge and try to time-out the match

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I held my own against a ranked D3 main in a tourney match. Lost the set because I mixed up the stock count(thought I had 2/he had 1, started sandbagging lol). Match should've been recorded, I'll see if I can get it.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Well what I probably should've done was pick :metaknight:.
What I did instead was platform camp as hard as a Samus possibly can on Battlefield.

Which actually worked out pretty well, I just made too many grab-able mistakes.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I got sandbagged in friendlies against a good DDD. I spent days zair, missles mixup, ledge camping, and uair/dairs. Powershield the projectiles close the gap and I'm forced to run away reset spacing. God, I think I took 1 stock off him. He just never dies. It was embarrassing.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
lol, Samus can barely KO at all, but D3 barely dies.
Such an unfair mix :V
How do you win?
It's simple, you counter pick characters. Unless it's friendlies, the is no way in hell that someone should go all out Samus in all 2 or 3 games of a tourney set. In all honesty, your doing Samus a justice by having strong counter pick choices anyway. If you think about it, if a good amount of high-ranking pro's used Samus pretty much at any point when they play in tourneys from here on out , then her rankings would be through the roof. That being said, that's why having counter pick characters as opposed to just toughing it out with Samus is Always a better option. Not to mention it will most likely get you further in a tourney. But then if your just trying to prevail with Samus or prove a point or something then I guess none of this applies to you.

but against a particularly good D3, i will camp the ledge and try to time-out the match
As gay as this strategy sounds I do agree with you in that this is the most viable option against skilled D3's. Given it won't make you popular with the people around you but a win is a win, especially when it counts.

Go Delfino bro.
I considered it but I kinda figured it would be Dedede party city.

As much as no one wants to hear it, just switching characters is still the best option as opposed to counter picking this stage. I mean in reality the stage isn't really even that good for Samus, nor is it that bad for D3. It's got walk off's, decently sized flat areas to chain grab on, and a lot of room to survive on the neutral transformation as well. Now there are some transformations that hinder D3's chain grab but with the exclusion of possibly the neutral transformation, none of them really capitalize Samus's strengths IMO. But maybe its just me.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I got sandbagged in friendlies against a good DDD. I spent days zair, missles mixup, ledge camping, and uair/dairs. Powershield the projectiles close the gap and I'm forced to run away reset spacing. God, I think I took 1 stock off him. He just never dies. It was embarrassing.
^^
Exactly my point. I remember getting off a fully charged CS off on a D3 at around 180% and he still wouldn't die (my opponent had very good DI)
THAT is why hes Samus top 3 hardest MUs.

If you do not want to CP him with another char then i recommend you nail him with a few hits and then ledge stall/platform camp and chip damage him the whole game. its long and boring but its a free win if u do it right.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
@CREWS: I don't usually use Samus against D3, mostly i will pick a better character for the job, and i would only ledge-camp if i had nothing else to resort to.

@Xyro: That is usually what i do if i do decide to use Samus on D3. If there is one character i am always careful around, it is D3. I will usually spend the match camping against him, but he can camp almost, or even better with Waddle Dee/Doo. This MU is why i truely love Zair against him, but even with all the damage he takes, you will likely take a relatively large amount of damage as well. He kills soooooo much faster than Samus and since he is hard to kill in the first place, it is pretty much futile for Samus. Possible, but really tough and annoying

Top Bottom