• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Salty Spitoon V: How Tough Are Ya? (Exact SKTAR ruleset)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
The Salty Spitoon V: How Tough Are Ya?
June 30th

Brought to you by Player-1

All is Brawl Link:
TBA

Project M Details:
TBA, but rules will be similar to melee's rules. Will most likely be after melee as well.

If you're coming from the Movies 400 side then the road is RIGHT before you drive over the 400 bridge on your right, if you're coming from the other side then it's right after the bridge on your left.
There's lots of places to eat nearby: Taco Bell, Cicis, IHOP, Subway, Burger King, McDonalds, Krystals, Dairy Queen, KFC, Popeyes, Chick Fil A all within 5 minutes of the venue.

Schedule:
Doors open at 12:00 and friedlies start
Melee and Brawl Doubles Starts at 1:00
Melee and Brawl Singles start sometime while doubles is finishing up probably around 3-4.

Brawl Rules:

In preparation for SKTAR since a few GA players will be attending, we will be using the SKTAR ruleset

3 Stock
10 Minute Timer for Singles/ 8 Minute for Doubles
No items set to none
Pause is off
Meta Knight is LEGAL/ Double MK is banned in teams
Best of 3 sets, best of 5 for finals
40 ledge grab limit for all characters/ 80 per team in doubles
1 Stage ban per player
Infinite Cape glitch is banned

Singles Stage List:
Neutrals- Final Destination, Smashville, Battlefield
Counterpicks- Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1

Doubles Stage List:
Neutrals- Final Destination, Smashville, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Delfino Plaza
Counterpicks- Castle Siege, Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 1, Frigate Orpheon

General Rules:
Bring your own controller
Take batteries out of wii motes when not playing
Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed
Coaching is allowed only between games, not during
Port priority is determined by RPS or coin flip. In doubles it will be 1-2-2-1
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Set Procedure
1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5. The first match is played.
6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11. The next match is played.
12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Pools Tiebreakers will be the same as Unity 2.1:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12492158

Melee Rules:

Same as Tipped Off:
4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first if neccessary, followed by brackets. Both singles and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at MY discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected through STAGE STRIKING.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Singles counterpick selectable stages: Pokemon Stadium, Rainbow Cruise

Doubles counterpick selectable stages: Rainbow Cruise, DK64

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams

Selectable counterpick stage for singles AND doubles: Mushroom Kingdom 2 Yes I am serious, its a Tipped Off favorite AND tradition. =)

WOBBLING IS BANNED

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Price:
Venue Fee $5
Brawl Doubles Fee $5 per person ($10 per team)
Brawl Single Fee $10
Brawl Payouts:
Singles-60/30/10
Doubles-70-30 (60-30-10 if more than 7 teams)
Melee Doubles $5 per person ($10 per team)
Melee Singles $10
Melee Payouts:
Singles-60/30/10
Doubles-60/30/10 or if not enough teams, winner take all 2nd gets money back

Contact Info:
If you're running a bit late or something and still want to register then we might be able to work something out or if you're having trouble finding the venue then either way you can call me at 678-910-8096

Setups:
Please bring setups to use. Wiis/Gamecubers/TVs and stuff so the tournament can run more efficiently

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
^^^
You are supporting it if you enter. I'm not saying don't enter. Just think wisely.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm supporting my buddies, who have made the decision to go to SKTAR. I want them to do well.

Don't expect me to go to any tournament with these rules after the event is over, though.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No DSR means that finals will end up being the two most polarizing stages repeatedly.

Ten-minute timer means that matches will potentially take even longer. I know I'll camp for Wario Down-B without a care in the world.

The stage list caters to characters who have an excellent ground game, which is further supplemented by a ledge grab limit.

Meta Knight is dumb.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll plan for it and see what I can do. I wonder how much has changed since I've been gone. XD
:applejack:

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I will definitely show up for this If there really is a good showing for Project M. P1 knows whats up with that PM. I can bring 2-3 full setups as well as 2-3 other people besides myself.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
I will definitely show up for this If there really is a good showing for Project M. P1 knows whats up with that PM. I can bring 2-3 full setups as well as 2-3 other people besides myself.
im coming to this and running PM. Lets make it a good showing man, hopefully with my project M tournament the week earlier carrying over

*Cam*

Smash Lord
The only thing that offends me about this ruleset is the timer. It doesn't offend me as a player, it offends me as a TO. We don't need matches to take even longer than they already do.

DRN

Smash Lord
The only thing that offends me about this ruleset is the timer. It doesn't offend me as a player, it offends me as a TO. We don't need matches to take even longer than they already do.
Why would they take longer with a 10 minute clock? They might actually take less time. I mean most games that go to time for 8 minute timers are last stock-last hit. 10 minutes might actually discourage people to go for a time out from the beginning. I highly doubt most people could time out with this timer easily at all without either player losing their stocks.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Why would they take longer with a 10 minute clock? They might actually take less time. I mean most games that go to time for 8 minute timers are last stock-last hit. 10 minutes might actually discourage people to go for a time out from the beginning. I highly doubt most people could time out with this timer easily at all without either player losing their stocks.
Because there's no reason for me not to wait for a Waft whenever I want to KO now.

DRN

Smash Lord
Because there's no reason for me not to wait for a Waft whenever I want to KO now.
Only takes 3 to take out their stocks :)

Btw camping for wafts in the unity ruleset benefits you more then this one considering its easier to time people out.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't want or need to time people out. It's KOing people at 70-80% that gives the biggest advantage. I'm not even very good at timing people out.

Player-1

Smash Legend
well the first 2 games were mixed up from a different set and none of those games went to time so it was actually a bit shorter than that

DRN

Smash Lord
No Dave's Stupid Rule?

Can't say that I agree. But luckily for me, I don't play brawl. I DO plan to be here though. =)
Yea the number of stages for the Japanese Ruleset require it to not be included. At least you can still ban a stage though.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I've got a car going now. It consists of me, TY, Cheap, and probably Ryker. There's still room for one more Alabamian, so I'll cross my fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom