• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The S.W.A.T. Team + Killer Fleet Thread - Now 1 Crew!!!

Venom NY

Smash Lord
I actually counted down the days until you decided to think you have some kind of validity in your thoughts, so here we go.

I literally picked up Sheik days, literally days before I decided to use her at the biweekly, and was able to do a considerable amount of damage to a handful of players there, took out Tag..took Alukard down to 1 stock twice and such. You have to understand the timescale and learning curve of any character in any fighter...obviously in this case i'll use smash. Sheik OBVIOUSLY has her own level of mastery, her peak point, but the curve doesn't start too low, the character's abilities starts you off at a certain point where me picking up sheik for maybe 4 days allows me to deal the damage I was able to, while any one of you using GaW/Samus/other lesser characters would simply get utterly ***** in only 4 days of training. So therefore, granted it would still take me about a few months to master such an ''easy'' character like sheik, but it would take most of you chumps YEARS to master the guys we use. THAT is the stretch, it's all in comparison.

You seem to not understand the qualm that players such as I, have... It does not matter if SHEIK is still good, or if LINK is now really good...as long as (mostly) EVERYONE is also good! And don't you dare say that it's impossible to make a game that's balanced because there's a game like Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, in that game literally 95% of characters win in TOP level play. It is not impossible to say that it's a good chance Brawl's characters will all have thier own tools of destruction.

My theory which is based on a simple system of extrapolation, rather the reverse method of it. (let's just use you and me for this example, both at maxed out training so I don't lose you here) If your character is at ..let's say 90% overall ability ...and my character is only at about 50%...and i'm STILL handing your butt to you...oh to make you feel better let's say you're barely beating me, what plausible evidence could you seriously provide to prove that you would still be beating me if both our characters are now at 90%? your likely answer would be ''oh i'd just improve and adapt! simple..'' well if it was that simple then you would have been done that already right now and would be consistently 2 or 3 stocking me as we speak...but no, nothings happening ...you're improving but i'm still creamin' you (when i'm in training) My character has a shield that has a 50% chance of not blocking anything...I am FORCED to use my attacks to protect myself...I can no longer rely on something 95% of the rest of the characters have as a standard means of defense. Even such a SIMPLE improvement of making my shield block 100% of the time instead of only 50%.... now 50% of the time when an offensive strat is launched at me, i'll still be alive instead of on my next stock. It's applying simple probability.

Once again i'll use Tekken.. First version of Tekken (5.0) Nina was top, literally....she was above top tier, she was god tier....she was nerfed in Dark Resurrection....now Nina does NOT win tourneys anymore...PERIOD. Not even the smartest of smartest Tekken gods can win with Nina anymore. Smash would not be immune to it. You now say ''well the next top tier will just be winning''...too bad for that since any character can win now...you'll see Lei Wulong and Kuma (the fcking bear character) in finals of a major....

It's not finding something to ***** about...it's understanding how actually frail the pride of a top tier ***** is, because in the select universe of top/high tier vs top/high tier, then alot of you are very amazing....but in terms of the game itself....you guys have very little raw talent. That's just something that you guys will rather not accept or admit to. It's a fact...when a human being hears the truth that is negative to them, they respond in a negative fashion in turn, regardless of the fact that it is true.

Granted, it comes out very vile and lacking suave because of the sarcastic tone i always apply to it, but it's simple...there are just certain people with more actual talent in this game that are magnetized to use characters that might be not as good, so once the characters are balanced..the true evidentuality of what matches should be.

:)

It's nothing personal to you...it's just what it is.
OMFG GO**** anyways

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fqJwaKNcFXg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fqJwaKNcFXg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object> this kid needs to main falcon

Cia

das kwl
Lolz

some of what you say is true. My choice of characters tend to lean toward mid - high tier. I have virtually no technical skill, I have habits that make me the victim of the most cookie cutter mindgames, and I don't particularly enjoy being camped. But one thing I can say about myself is that I'm smart enough to exploit my opponents' most vital weaknesses. and I'm **** sure smart enough to use a character w/ a sheild that won't crap out on them so easily. and even if I did main GAW, I wouldn't complain about my lame sheild whenever I made a tournament appearence..

also, what gives to the right to tell anyone about their "raw skill"?? and what qualities do you think make up "raw skill"??

as I've stated before, I'm not technical. but what I lack in that department, I make up for with my knowledge of match ups and it gets me pretty far.

an example of this, when I lost to dj's yoshi w/ my peach. it was a fair match, I didn't sd, I played ok, it's just not a match up I'm strong in. however, I knew that by going to FD, I would have no problem using sheik to chain grab him senseless. I also knew that dj's logic would be "I beat him before with yoshi, I can do it again." therefore, he stayed yoshi. I'm pretty sure he did not expect me to pick sheik or else he would have changed characters.

so with that insite, you wouldn't give me credit for being reasonably skilled?? or does that make me even worse for taking the "sheik route" ??

IMO, it does take skill to learn different characters and different patterns outside of your normal mindset to win. so if you're formula for skill (S) is S = # of tournament victories + distance from top tier , than that logic is severly flawed.

I'm tired of typing for now

::studies driver's manual::

lolz

Hax

Smash Champion
major, major update

guys, i suggest you check out the new updated 1st post. SWAT + KF are now one. :)

this crew is seriously so good it makes me want to get good at smash again :p

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I hate how Vanz doesn't give himself enough credit >_<.

LOL you aren't the most technical player and compared to some NY/NJ players you may not be in general an insanely technical player but the characters you truly spend more time with you are real technical.

If you were that bad technically I don't think you could exploit your opponent's weaknesses just saying there Vanz ;).

<3 Vanz your amazing man :psycho:

Swat and KF O_O LOL I loverz you guys :lick: and if me and ace ever team we are taking a weekly no johns :p.

I also saw that Dire pulled a Dark pch O_O O_O O_O O_O.

Lol jk :lick:

Alukard

Smash Hero
WOW this was fun to read ... and i have to agree with jaden not that anyone cares but ... i just wanna put that out there ... cuz its tru ... NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE ... like so wat if sheik is broken now ... that doesn't mean she wont b beast in brawl ?? ... also ... i defintely play like every ****ing character in this game pretty equally ... so i'm sry i dont fall in your just top teir crap ... i play any character that looks cool or has a nice lookin combo

Cia

das kwl
exactly, I like to play characters that take people by surprise..

and thanks teco ^_^, but I can't even pillar anymore T_T, and I've been losing to foxes more and more lately. this worries me.

I would like to try zero suit, pit, pkmn trainer and sheik in brawl (and of course I'll still have a peach if all else fails.. lolz)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
PITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

<3 I wanna play Pit :)

Well im not gonna lie lol I'll probably pick up the character with the most potential in the game regardless because winning is fun :).

But Definitely pit no matter what maybe sonic and probably fox cuz I <3 fox :)

Alukard

Smash Hero
i like well look at the avatar ... lol ... and snake ike and falco and marth and sheik ... and wario ... and olimar and and and ... ***** i'm playing everyone ... no johns ... i'm not tryin to invent a character i'm tryin to play GET @ ME for following the rules

Hax

Smash Champion
im gonna try out snake and olimar. i bet olimar will be top tier along with pkmn trainer/IC's and any other characters that involve more than 1 character.

Alukard

Smash Hero
nah u can't say that aziz ... it clearly states that certain stages certain pikmin will b pulled out more likely then normal lol ... imagine ... "i counter pick yoshi story cuz ummm yellow pikmin appears more there and can rush u down with sonic ... lol" GAME! ... well u never kno is all i'm saying ... i'm gonna main all 88 characters tho lol get at jesus and dj playing right next to me right now ... on jungle japes lol .. bowser vs. marth ... its mad funny to watch ... but god dam marth can literally just sit there and throw aerials lol ... and poor dino can't do a dam thing lol

Hax

Smash Champion
d@mn. well whatever stage white pikmin pop out of is officially my favorite stage so i can whip out some of my KKK n!ggas and **** :laugh:

Ryan-K

Smash Master
well aziz PT has several characters and based on what sakurai said they get tired or some **** if u either switch them out too much or dont switch out at all so u have to learn everyone, lol :)

PT may b top tier tho but i wanna **** around with olimar and pt lol

Volgar

Smash Cadet
1/20/08 (MAJOR UPDATE!!!)
-Volgar has been kicked from the crew (who was this guy??)
-Steroids has joined the crew

lol .. im gonna change my title .. i dont like volgar <_< .. brb gonna make a new account lmfao

4Eyez

Smash Cadet
The BX! The place where hardcore is beautiful
Link, Snake, Olimar, and Wolf if hes in it lol..*** it i wanna use everyone lol

But I been thinking about maining Snake in brawl...because quite frankly im tired of using someone so ****ty like Link lol. Hopefully Links a lil better in brawl...if so i'll definitely main him.

...Am i going to pound 3? Do you have to register online for Pound? Cuz if so im fuked lol I dont have a **** credit card. Or can we just go with the money?

Cia

das kwl
dwight - you have to registed online. they also have a way you can register. you have to buy a prepaid credit card. it's $70.00 now, and you have to pay it before jan 26th. for more info, look in the pound 3 thread

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
WTF:psycho:

i did not want to get in this cause u make me mad:mad::mad: thats y i did not say anything but look who starts lol..

dire just STFU u make every1 mad cause of wat u say just STFU

if i won that means i won

u dont have to comment about every wow u make me mad your so ****ing annoying

how is he better i picked my second best char and beat him too ****ing bad if he cant beat it so stop ****ing sucking me god duymm:dizzy::dizzy:

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Yeah VanZ CarZ BikeZ, i'm in no way trying to say top tier players have no skill, but it's how their significant achievement in that kinda skill leads to the utter disrespect to those with mastery in theirs. It's almost all in the attitude. Let us take Hax for example..granted he does use a high tier character, but the way he goes about carrying on about it is so very balanced. We all know he's good, but he also knows exactly that, that he's good at the game. It's even to the point where when he talks ****, it's proportional to where he lies as a player. Also I'm sure if he saw live action Isai Falconosity he would be stoked. You on the other hand let's use that example of when Mike G most recently came down. While watching Mike G play, I stated in a form of amusement how Peach players should take notes. You scoffed rather blatantly and disclaimed ''take notes on what? *** that''. That was like...so disrespectful to the father of Peach which pretty much created all the things you're doing now with her. Take that statement you made about sheik and it taking an insane amount of skill to use her in high level. Say it lies true, but then what i'm saying is that in our case you'd merely have to take that statement and multiply it by 10.

Oh and Alukard, if you feel you do not apply to what I have said then by all means brandish your right to declare so. I just go by what I see in tournament, which does not lie.

At the end of the day don't think that anyone on my side of thinking is trying to disrespect you for wanting to play to win, no way, since afterall...that is the goal in a competition, But for jeebus' sakes though...just don't run around thinkin you're downright better than the vets because you're using an easier weapon in the war, that's all i'm saying. Some of us are people that have been in the community since day 1, so we have the claims to back up saying that alot of these new age players are amongst the cockiest. That's not a good thing too.

By the way did anyone see that match between Wes and Jman last biweekly? That's pretty much a clean cut example of what i'm talking about. It was plain and clear who was better at Smash Brothers in that battle.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord

i did not want to get in this cause u make me mad:mad::mad: thats y i did not say anything but look who starts lol..

how is he better i picked my second best char and beat him too ****ing bad if he cant beat it so stop ****ing sucking me god duymm:dizzy::dizzy:

lmfao...I make 'every1 mad' ?...actually i'll assure you that the only people which get mad at what I say are players like you. Those with delusional egos and no respect. I'm not looking for enemies here, only to do the dirty work of trying to make people a bit more realistic...but it looks like even that calls for hatred. *shrug*

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion

lmfao...I make 'every1 mad' ?...actually i'll assure you that the only people which get mad at what I say are players like you. Those with delusional egos and no respect. I'm not looking for enemies here, only to do the dirty work of trying to make people a bit more realistic...but it looks like even that calls for hatred. *shrug*
egos lol

i bet i go to the old threads and i'll see u being 1 of the must cockys guys ever..

but now since there r players better then u ..u want to be realistic and want the new plays to show u respect when not 1 person show us respect when we were lower then u... ***** go kick rocks with that ****... thats y i dont show none of u respect

DireVulcan

Smash Lord

Alukard

Smash Hero
i love this game lmaoooo ... just for **** like this

if ur playing with a character that U KNO has more downsides then ups ... don't complain when u lose ... and u can't gloat when u win either ... cuz its not like we are playing against people everyday who try to use w.e low tier as a main ... of course if u take a hcaracter that sees no play in a certain smash scene and start beast it will beat a couple people or take them by storm ... but sheesh ur acting like ur winning oturnies with yoshi lol ... and don't say how am i supposed to cuz i kno thats wat ur thinking ...

i mean granted DK is low tier ... but he is better then a lot of characters ... so dont' come at me with the dk crap ... he isn't bad ... mad invincibility frames crazy knock back ... spaced back airs like a reverse marth lol ... awesome safe recovery cuz of his brolic magnet ... i mean **** ... lets face it ... that monkey is no joke ... so yea ... lets all just shut up and play sons lol ... i wonder if brawl will suck ... i hope they put wavelanding back its sooo pretty looking lol

in the end ... a good player with a character that has more ups then downs has the advantage over the good palyer with a low tier obviously ... and dont say stuff like well we are better cuz thats all opinion ... granted when wes picked marth on me a couple months back he showed me what i needed to work on and i did and i thanked him for that lol ... so yea ... brawl better b good so we can have some fun tournies and more smack talk to read while i eat a midnight snack or while i'm eating breakfast ... LMFAOOOO

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
I never use character johns to cover for losses, I only ever bring up cons about a character to prove a point that doesn't even have to deal with losing and winning in the first place...sorry Alukard that post was...pointless...whenever I lose to anyone I say gg

By the way Jman, the whole thing about some of us talking crap is because we've earned it..we've been to places you haven't and beaten people you haven't...so forgive us for taking it as a slap in the face when some of you try and talk just as big and haven't even stepped a few miles away from NY.

That's not hard to understand is it?

Cia

das kwl
just so everyone knows, there's an ignore feature that would make you completely oblivious to the person you ignore. just click their name, and there should be an "ignore user" option

enjoy :)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
just so everyone knows, there's an ignore feature that would make you completely oblivious to the person you ignore. just click their name, and there should be an "ignore user" option

enjoy :)
LMFAO

I told you that its an amazing feature ;).

Mine got deleted :( so now I have to start ignoring ALL over again :laugh:.

Alukard

Smash Hero
todays smashfest was mad fun lol ... ya need to get at me and dj's mario bros. and me and steroids dbl wes lol

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Word, me and Alukard's Mario Bros. team is too godly! Get at us, lol! Luigi's taunt and Up-B combo finish for the win, lol!!!

By the way Hax, you haven't put my mains and secondaries yet. You said you were gonna do it too while we spoke on AIM. My mains are Bowser, Mario, Dr. Mario, and Fox. My secondaries are Yoshi, Pikachu, Samus and Link.

Get at me for playing Zombies Ate My Neighbors for the Super Nintendo right now, lol!!

The Bino

Smash Lord
Word, me and Alukard's Mario Bros. team is too godly! Get at us, lol! Luigi's taunt and Up-B combo finish for the win, lol!!!

By the way Hax, you haven't put my mains and secondaries yet. You said you were gonna do it too while we spoke on AIM. My mains are Bowser, Mario, Dr. Mario, and Fox. My secondaries are Yoshi, Pikachu, Samus and Link.

Get at me for playing Zombies Ate My Neighbors for the Super Nintendo right now, lol!!
Wow, that was such a great game, but i personally would have to say that Super Metroid was the best SNES game lol

Volgar

Smash Cadet
todays smashfest was mad fun lol ... ya need to get at me and dj's mario bros. and me and steroids dbl wes lol
" who wants to get snuff first " lol

doubles = fun with swat .. and

o yeah i cant make my own account with the name " steroids " in it. =( dosent send the activation letter to my email .. =(

R3N0

Smash Lord
pwned.. @ volgar.

yo im just a stalker dude MM me $1.

but for real though i got kinda tight when i saw KF + SWAT MERGE.

The crew is like mad big and basically consists of all the weekly kids.

-_-'

anyhoo have funzieszzz

GET @ TSANY W/O OUR OWN THREAD!!! GET AT ME N D1's LATE LATE LATE LATE NIGHT TRAINING!!!

Top Bottom