• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I'm thinking that my bancannon can't really tell the difference between intentional and satirical stupidity.

I'll give the lot of you the benefit of the doubt, but detracting/being trolly/spammy just because we're bored is usually a bad idea.

As I'm sure some of you found out the hard way.
:4falcon:Every single post in this forum after the 2nd one is pointless anyways. We're all getting a little stir-crazy here....

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@ Phaazoid Phaazoid was going on about it earlier. He included a lot of our more notable arguments/counterarguments/size comparisons.
@ AustarusIV AustarusIV
Well, it was more supposed to be a post about Ridley in general, and moveset speculation.

Part of that included how Ridley would be portrayed in Smash, so I did go into the size/shadow/tail thing a little bit, because it was relevant. I also included a bit about why he isn't guaranteed to be a stage boss, because I'm assuming people are going into the article clueless.

Then there was a moveset I made, some other speculation, and of course a short overview of who Ridley is in the first place and why he should be in smash at all.

For all the other stuff I just linked to the second post.

I told @ Con0rrrr Con0rrrr he could link it to the second post if he wanted to, probably better then copy pasta it.

You'll all be able read it soon, I assume.

Every single post in this forum after the 2nd one is pointless anyways. We're all getting a little stir-crazy here....
I'd like to think I've had a few less than 5000 pointless posts. I mean, sure, probably at least 2-3 thousand, because I like to talk too much. I mean, I have like over 1000 posts in this thread alone. But 5000? That's a little rude, man.

Everyone except everyone who doesn't.
That's deep...

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed that the WiR this week is going to have a character analysis on Ridley.

I wonder if they're going to get it in time before this month's Direct (and Ridley's presumed reveal).
the what now?

what is going to have an analysis on ridley?

what is a "WiR"?

yes, all three of those questions were the same thing, just worded differently...

my brain is fried.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
the what now?

what is going to have an analysis on ridley?

what is a "WiR"?

yes, all three of those questions were the same thing, just worded differently...

my brain is fried.
WiR stands for "Week in Review".

It's on the Wii U board.

Morbi

Scavenger
Every single post in this forum after the 2nd one is pointless anyways. We're all getting a little stir-crazy here....
I had at leeeeeeeasst one good post, it was the post that deluded me into supporting Ridley. I did not need no "second" post to do it for meh!

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I'd like to think I've had a few less than 5000 pointless posts. I mean, sure, probably at least 2-3 thousand, because I like to talk too much. I mean, I have like over 1000 posts in this thread alone. But 5000? That's a little rude, man.

Bah, don't take it the wrong way. Most of our posts are important in some way or another(proven by the amount of likes we each get). I was thinking more along the lines of the "big picture." Not just the metaphorical walls of this forum.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Bah, don't take it the wrong way. Most of our posts are important in some way or another(proven by the amount of likes we each get). I was thinking more along the lines of the "big picture." Not just the metaphorical walls of this forum.
If you're gonna go that far, than nothing we say or do matters at all because nihilism. :p

My point was saying things offhand like that can get taken the wrong way. And while that wasn't harmful in anyway, it was implying that because nothing we post matters, or because we're going stir crazy, posting off topic is fine.

And that there's a dangerous line of thinking, it can get threads closed. Every day that @ IsmaR IsmaR wakes up in the morning and reads this thread, she's saving it's life. Because there's too much off topic here sometimes, and the thread is getting bloated. Many other a sane mod would have closed it by now.

I don't mean to make an example of you or anything, off topic happens, so I do apologize for pointing you out specifically. I'm not trying to judge you or anything, and there's no bad blood here. I just want people to read this and give them a little fear for the life of the thread. Because if we're really, really lucky, this time around the Ridley thread will last until the game comes out xD

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Isma runs a tight ship, but goddamnit if we don't appreciate what she does for us to keep us on-topic and keep the thread from being locked. And I've been spam-warned a couple times for going on tangents regarding pig-themed villains, Zelda oneshots, and Pit clones.

Keep up the good work!

Something something Ridley

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
If you're gonna go that far, than nothing we say or do matters at all because nihilism. :p

My point was saying things offhand like that can get taken the wrong way. And while that wasn't harmful in anyway, it was implying that because nothing we post matters, or because we're going stir crazy, posting off topic is fine.

And that there's a dangerous line of thinking, it can get threads closed. Every day that @ IsmaR IsmaR wakes up in the morning and reads this thread, she's saving it's life. Because there's too much off topic here sometimes, and the thread is getting bloated. Many other a sane mod would have closed it by now.

I don't mean to make an example of you or anything, off topic happens, so I do apologize for pointing you out specifically. I'm not trying to judge you or anything, and there's no bad blood here. I just want people to read this and give them a little fear for the life of the thread. Because if we're really, really lucky, this time around the Ridley thread will last until the game comes out xD
I apologize if I made any of you feel as if this forum is worth less than it actually is. In many aspects, this place means a lot to many of us. I can attest to that, myself. Considering how many hours I've spent here already. I believe in this forum and I'm glad I made the decision to come here. As should you people. No matter what Ridley's situation ends up being, I'm sure this is a place we'll all remember for quite some time. There's something truly exciting about everything we do here.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Sorry if I made any of you feel as if this forum is worth less than it actually is. This couldn't be further from the truth. In many aspects, this place means a lot to many of us. I can attest to that, myself. Considering how many hours I've spent here already. I believe in this forum and I'm glad I made the decision to come here. As should you people. No matter what Ridley's situation ends up being, I'm sure this is a place we'll all remember for quite some time. There's something truly exciting about everything we do here.

:4falcon:
I agree with this sentiment; in the end, I would have probably enjoyed supporting Ridley more than I enjoy his inclusion. But seriously, that gif is annoying.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
:4falcon:Every single post in this forum after the 2nd one is pointless anyways. We're all getting a little stir-crazy here....
To be fair, 2nd post wouldn't be here without all the posts on this thread ;)

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
*peeks out of the closet, and removes the mask to my hazmat suit*

Has the Phazon worn off...?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Also @ AndreaAC AndreaAC had a little bit of a nervous breakdown, but she's all better now, I think.
Oh dear that isn't good I do hope @ AndreaAC AndreaAC is alright :(.....we cherish her here
-u- Thank you for asking.....sorry if I made you guys worry too much......it, happens....suddenly.

but the fact that I could draw some silly Roidley and Ridley stuff, and my favorite gods together (Ridley, Rayquaza, Quetzalcoatl and Anubis.) is a proof that I'm feeling better....because otherwise, I would not be able to do nothing of it...
011 (3).gif

See? happy Ridley and Assassin dance! (xD don't worry Soulless, I'm not mad....) Yay!

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Can we please hope for playable Ridley to not be Other m Ridley?
I don't care as long as he's in, even if it's the Other M version. They can fix his look in later games as a veteran fighter, and there might even be ways to texture hack regular Ridley in even if you can only play as the Other M version.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Another blunt character disconfirmation, this time in the form of @BluePikmin11's most wanted character.

Ready to add it to the second post?

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
-u- Thank you for asking.....sorry if I made you guys worry too much......it, happens....suddenly.

but the fact that I could draw some silly Roidley and Ridley stuff, and my favorite gods together (Ridley, Rayquaza, Quetzalcoatl and Anubis.) is a proof that I'm feeling better....because otherwise, I would not be able to do nothing of it...
View attachment 20399

See? happy Ridley and Assassin dance! (xD don't worry Soulless, I'm not mad....) Yay!
Hooray!

Guys, I'm curious, what do you guys think of Ridleys super metroid style? Would you be ok if he looked like that?

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I just saw the latest PotD, and it's this prince guy from a japanese-exclusive game. The Prince's name wasn't revealed, nor has his role been revealed in Sm4sh... Is Sakurai possibly throwing a curveball this time around against the whole theory centering around his behavioral pattern?

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I just saw the latest PotD, and it's this prince guy from a japanese-exclusive game. The Prince's name wasn't revealed, nor has his role been revealed in Sm4sh... Is Sakurai possibly throwing a curveball this time around against the whole theory centering around his behavioral pattern?
I think the second picture implied he was an Assist Trophy, and I'm not sure if he even has a name.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Actually here it's more like he didn't know the character's name at all, which is different. Plus it's pretty apparent he's an assist trophy.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The model itself is really low-quality compared to the other fighters. I doubt he's playable.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I'm thinking that my bancannon can't really tell the difference between intentional and satirical stupidity.

I'll give the lot of you the benefit of the doubt, but detracting/being trolly/spammy just because we're bored is usually a bad idea.

As I'm sure some of you found out the hard way.
Y-yes, my nefarious overlord...

A dead ringer for Assist-Trophyness is fingers being fused together.
But yeah, this is an inconsistency in his patterns. It irks me.

Can we please hope for playable Ridley to not be Other m Ridley?
Roidley's proportions make him an excellent candidate though. At least over Brawley.

AndreaAC

Hooray!

Guys, I'm curious, what do you guys think of Ridleys super metroid style? Would you be ok if he looked like that?
-u- YAY!

SM Ridley? I would love if he looked like that...since it was in that game the first time I saw him...and I literally fell in love with him!

Well....this is kind of the face I had when I saw him....and abviously telling myself how awesome he looked, and was kicking my cousin's butt...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I wouldn't put any stock in Prince Sable's chances at this point. Really, the same thing had happened before with Starfy the AT, and Sakurai didn't specify what role he played until the April Direct.

You're looking too hard into this. Let's just throw him into our evidence bin and get it over with.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I wouldn't put any stock in Prince Sable's chances at this point. Really, the same thing had happened before with Starfy the AT, and Sakurai didn't specify what role he played until the April Direct.

You're looking too hard into this. Let's just throw him into our evidence bin and get it over with.
Uhh

Wrong thread? Or not sure who was actually looking too hard into this.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

There have been playable characters from Japanese-only franchises to that point before...:marthmelee: :roymelee: *cough cough*

But I don't think this guy is anything more than an assist trophy. Sakurai said to keep pummeling foes while he holds them still. That means he's an assist trophy, but I can understand the confusion.

Another blatant deconfirmation means Ridley isn't deconfirmed yet officially! OUR HOPES REMAIN STRONG MY BRETHREN!!!

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
-u- YAY!

SM Ridley? I would love if he looked like that...since it was in that game the first time I saw him...and I literally fell in love with him!

Well....this is kind of the face I had when I saw him....and abviously telling myself how awesome he looked, and was kicking my cousin's butt...
My first Ridley encounter was prime 1, so I'll always love meta ridley, but the super metroid design was great! (Apart from the wings that is...)

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Actually, in the text for his second picture his role is pretty much specified, so it could be argued Sakurai is still somewhat sticking to the pattern:
Sakurai said:
Here's the trophy of the Sablé Prince. He transforms into a snake or a frog, and unloads multiple attacks on any opponent he catches. Keep attacking your foes when they're trapped in his dust cloud.
EDIT: Er. Back on topic.
-u- YAY!

My first encounter with Ridley was in Brawl, then in Metroid Prime Trilogies. He was fun to fight.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044

AndreaAC

My first Ridley encounter was prime 1, so I'll always love meta ridley, but the super metroid design was great! (Apart from the wings that is...)
-u- yeah, I will always love the Original Ridley and his Meta (MP1,MP3) and Omega forms....and Roidley....I made myself feel bad for the poor guy....so I will give him some love too...at least to my silly version....and the evolution thing....just....I will put it into a trash can...

Top Bottom