• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I expect a Smash trailer as well, but unfortunately, I do not see Ridley in the stars. I believe that the reveal is going to be more pertinent to Legend of Zelda given the context.
I agree with ya there. I don't expect a newcomer announcement or trailer, but maybe Ganondorf's reveal.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Seeing as reveals usally line up with anniversaries and not current events I doubt we're getting a Zelder reveal.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
No.

You just missed some more discussion about Ridley's genitalia, which went a little "far" some would say (I totally didn't have anything to do with it at all, by the way).

Also @AndreaAC had a little bit of a nervous breakdown, but she's all better now, I think.
yeeeah glad I wasn't around for that

Oh dear that isn't good I do hope @AndreaAC is alright :(.....we cherish her here

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Seeing as reveals usally line up with anniversaries
Sakurai's Birthday is an Anniversary.
:metaknight: confirmed.
In other news, the Nintendo side of Miiverse (aka the Verified Users that are Nintendo/HAL staff) are celebrating Kirby this month. Your thoughts on Newcomer chances for the General Direct?

D

Deleted member

Seeing as reveals usally line up with anniversaries and not current events I doubt we're getting a Zelder reveal.
Agreed, I don't recall ever seeing any newcomer reveals for these game-specific Directs in the past, so I doubt that would change with this one.

Not counting the Smash Bros. Direct of course.

Still holding out hope for an August 6th Direct though, since having two directs in the same week (and also two days apart) has occurred in the past. More specifically, last August (what a coincidence, right?) where we had a normal Nintendo Direct on Wednesday the 7th and a Wonderful 101 Direct on Friday the 9th, is when it happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
And as much as I would like to see a newcomer reveal on the Hyrule Warriors direct I don't think it will happen as I don't think Sakurai revealed a newcomer in a game specific direct yet

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
In other news, the Nintendo side of Miiverse (aka the Verified Users that are Nintendo/HAL staff) are celebrating Kirby this month. Your thoughts on Newcomer chances for the General Direct?
metaknight and ridley in the same trailer

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I honestly DO expect a Smash trailer at the end of this direct. Do you think I'm being too hopeful?
Possibly. It just shows how hyped we are. Expecting Smash news on a non Smash related direct might not be the greatest of thoughts...but oh well. We can only hope.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Sad thing is, he's not exactly wrong.

Me when Ridley is revealed:

"Yay! And now to never main him. Imma try Mega Man!"
i dont care where ridley is on tier lists, cause i dont acknowledge tiers.

i will be playing as him A LOT if he is playable.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Honestly it's not about how good Ridley would be. It's about just having him on the roster. He really deserves a spot. Metroid doesn't have enough reps and Ridley is the most popular that has yet to be on the roster. I don't know why people are so against it. I don't mean the people who are just unsure how they'll scale him down. I mean the outright detractors. The people who deny any bit of evidence that Ridley has going for him. The way some people speak of him makes it seem like Ridley killed their parents or something! :troll::troll:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I demand a Ridley+mewteo+ganondorf+K Rool reveal!

On a side note I completed super metroid for the first time today!(7hours.)

Also am I the only one who's hyped for the direct because it's actually hyrule warriors?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
i will do my best to make Ridley, Ness and Megaman my top 3 mains
I'm gonna try :popo: because they'll get a pretty big change, :4greninja: because Ninjas and Ridley when I have the time.
(trying this because Ice Climber's :thingy: in Brawl is : popo : so I wanted to see > :nana: )

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Honestly it's not about how good Ridley would be. It's about just having him on the roster. He really deserves a spot. Metroid doesn't have enough reps and Ridley is the most popular that has yet to be on the roster. I don't know why people are so against it. I don't mean the people who are just unsure how they'll scale him down. I mean the outright detractors. The people who deny any bit of evidence that Ridley has going for him. The way some people speak of him makes it seem like Ridley killed their parents or something! :troll::troll:
Don't say things like that. Remember what happened to :4samus:. So insensitive....

Also am I the only one who's hyped for the direct because it's actually hyrule warriors?
I'm just hyped to see villains playable. Especially :ganondorf:.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Rumor has it Ridley is going to be revealed tomorrow as there is a Nintendo Direct. Other than that? Nope.
I honestly DO expect a Smash trailer at the end of this direct. Do you think I'm being too hopeful?
...Next you're gonna tell me that Metroid crawled.
Seriously, a Newcomer in a Hyrule Warriors Direct is 99.9% chance isn't gonna happen.
Best case scenario, we get Ganondorf IMO.
I agree with ya there. I don't expect a newcomer announcement or trailer, but maybe Ganondorf's reveal.
Agreed, I don't recall ever seeing any newcomer reveals for these game-specific Directs in the past, so I doubt that would change with this one.

Not counting the Smash Bros. Direct of course.

Still holding out hope for an August 6th Direct though, since having two directs in the same week (and also two days apart) has occurred in the past. More specifically, last August (what a coincidence, right?) where we had a normal Nintendo Direct on Wednesday the 7th and a Wonderful 101 Direct on Friday the 9th, is when it happened.
I expect a Smash trailer as well, but unfortunately, I do not see Ridley in the stars. I believe that the reveal is going to be more pertinent to Legend of Zelda given the context.

Excuse me, there was something in my throat. :hulk:

Sorry, I'm not trying to sound like a total **** here.

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
So I know you guys have mentioned the whole instant de confirmation stuff with characters like Takamaru and Skull Kid, but here's something a bit more specific.

When Chrom was shown as a final smash, a lot of people mistook that as him being playable. Nintendo quickly responded saying he's just a final smash.

When the Nintendo rep from Canada mentioned Rayman as playable, a lot of people believed that might have been true. But just like Chrom, Nintendo quickly stated he'd only be a trophy.

When Ridley was implied to be a boss, a lot of people still thought he'd be playable.

Nintendo didn't say nuthin.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
How exactly would they fit a reveal in it? Just randomly put it at the end? That would seem kinda weird as the game itself isn't related to Smash. "Oh hey thanks for watching. Now here's a trailer for a completely different game!" It just seems weird to do that.

Morbi

Scavenger
So I know you guys have mentioned the whole instant de confirmation stuff with characters like Takamaru and Skull Kid, but here's something a bit more specific.

When Chrom was shown as a final smash, a lot of people mistook that as him being playable. Nintendo quickly responded saying he's just a final smash.

When the Nintendo rep from Canada mentioned Rayman as playable, a lot of people believed that might have been true. But just like Chrom, Nintendo quickly stated he'd only be a trophy.

When Ridley was implied to be a boss, a lot of people still thought he'd be playable.

No one is confused about Ridley's role though, everyone and their grandmother's cat already realizes that he is playable. :troll:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

There's no reason for them to be so secretive if they weren't trying to hide something. Like you said. They shoot down very quickly if a character isn't playable.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I can't see a character reveal for this direct unless sakurai tweets about it.

And finally caught

Its going to be over 9000 if sakurai announces a direct tomorrow for his game and its on the 6th (also counts if its a day like when robin/lucina/C. Falcon got revealed.)

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
we ain't gettin no ridles tommorow boys
c01.png
I said something similar the day before the Robin reveal. And I predicted Fire Emblem was going to be the focus of the reveal trailer when everyone was confident in Shulk.
a08.png
As the pretentious master of speculating, I declare Ridley will be announced before this month's end.
e30.png
Sadly, just not tomorrow.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
View attachment 20386 I said something similar the day before the Robin reveal. And I predicted Fire Emblem was going to be the focus of the reveal trailer when everyone was confident in Shulk.
View attachment 20387 As the pretentious master of speculating, I declare Ridley will be announced before this month's end.
View attachment 20389 Sadly, just not tomorrow.
I see a few possibilities.

1. They announce tomorrow a character reveal will occur on Wednesday, the anniversary of Metroid's release. It's Ridley.

2. They hold a Smash Direct on the 13th, precisely one month before the Japanese release. They show off several new characters, including Ridley.

3. They hold a Smash Direct either one or two weeks before release, and make the above announcements.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman

i'd be more hyped about it if i had any hope of getting a wii u this century.

same goes for a ps4... god, im so far behind in terms of games and consoles.

anyway... as much as i love hearing about all these great games nintendo is coming out with... i am focusing entirely on ridley being in smash right now... i dont have any hype left for anything else.

RIDLEY NEEDS TO BE PLAYABLE, DAMN IT!

until he is confirmed, everything else nintendo wants to hype up is being ignored.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I think they might have a character reveal tomorrow, but it'd be a Zelda character (Ganondorf/Newcomer (Impa perhaps...?)). No way in hell it'd be Ridley.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
So, do people actually believe that Ridley will be revealed this month for the August Anniversary? Just curious.
I guess it makes sense; not only is this month the anniversary of Metroid, but also the anniversary of the first PotD revealing the Pyrosphere stage... Then again, why would a pic contribute to a trailer?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
inb4 the Hyrule Warriors Direct confirms Samus and Ridley as playable characters.

I think I'd implode after such a reveal.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I wonder what IsmaR is thinking right now.RIDLEYsorry
I'm thinking that my bancannon can't really tell the difference between intentional and satirical stupidity.

I'll give the lot of you the benefit of the doubt, but detracting/being trolly/spammy just because we're bored is usually a bad idea.

As I'm sure some of you found out the hard way.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I've noticed that the WiR this week is going to have a character analysis on Ridley.

I wonder if they're going to get it in time before this month's Direct (and Ridley's presumed reveal).

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm thinking that my bancannon can't really tell the difference between intentional and satirical stupidity.

I'll give the lot of you the benefit of the doubt, but detracting/being trolly/spammy just because we're bored is usually a bad idea.

As I'm sure some of you found out the hard way.
@ IsmaR IsmaR at nights

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I've noticed that the WiR this week is going to have a character analysis on Ridley.

I wonder if they're going to get it in time before this month's Direct (and Ridley's presumed reveal).
@Phaazoid was going on about it earlier. He included a lot of our more notable arguments/counterarguments/size comparisons.

For the record I haven't warned anyone since the last time I posted. And somebody's got to be the party pooper, better me than others unfamiliar with these parts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom