• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
*decides to lurk thread for a bit and skim some previous pages*

Anyway, Ridley's just one of the characters with ties to the month of August, so I honestly don't know what expect to be revealed this month.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Ah, I see my Mercury water power finally purified the souls of everyone (well, mostly) who drank from the splounge water. Never drink from the splounge again.

Back on topic, more cool variations of Roidley palette swaps.

Perhaps there should've been different colored tail bones too to further match the incarnations those palettes are based off of, but oh well.
I NEED that Super Metroid Ridley recolor in my life.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I honestly think Shulk might be the final reveal before release.

But it'd be pretty dope to see that vision forshadowing I mentioned earlier.
Shulk and Ridley are my two most wanted at the moment and I think we will see at least two reveal trailers before launch. Ridley makes so much sense to be hidden but I doubt they would have shown Pyrosphere so much if he is an unlockable.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I dunno about you guys
But if Ridley was revealed
...I think Samus is gonna be in the Trailer.
Don't quote me on that.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I kinda want to see Ridley and Samus fighting in his trailer. Then, he knocks Samus over to where it's evident that Ridley is going to finish Samus off, and suddenly Charizard flies in and attacks Ridley. Just one of my thoughts.

D

Deleted member

I kinda want to see Ridley and Samus fighting in his trailer. Then, he knocks Samus over to where it's evident that Ridley is going to finish Samus off, and suddenly Charizard flies in and attacks Ridley. Just one of my thoughts.
What if charizard's the one fighting samus and Ridley is the one who comes in?

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think Shulk might be the final reveal before release.

But it'd be pretty dope to see that vision forshadowing I mentioned earlier.
I can't see Shulk getting revealed before release, maybe as a last minute reveal in september before the game comes out. Sakurai is going to have to pull out a character as hype as Mega Man or Pac Man for the last direct before the game releases, Ridley, Mewtwo and K Rool are the only characters that could be as exciting as Mega Man or Pac Man. Also we just had two "anime-ish" swordsman just revealed last month, I can not see us getting three in a row. They are going to have to bring someone exciting to the table to cash in on that last minute hype, I imagine that's why they revealed the FE reps on a random day in July, when they could have easily been revealed during the August direct.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
"if ridley did came in, who would want to play as him and if he is even good at all?"
im just gonna barf...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ridley, Mewtwo and K Rool are the only characters that could be as exciting as Mega Man or Pac Man.
(Veteran-wise)
Or, y'know, :popo:.
They're pretty hype-worthy, considering what Sakurai said about the 3DS' Limitations.
////////////
In other news, what would your guys' reactions be if Ridley's Trailer DIDN'T take place in a Metroid-Themed Area? XD

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
(Veteran-wise)
Or, y'know, :popo:.
They're pretty hype-worthy, considering what Sakurai said about the 3DS' Limitations.
////////////
In other news, what would your guys' reactions be if Ridley's Trailer DIDN'T take place in a Metroid-Themed Area? XD
Moar hype.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
What if charizard's the one fighting samus and Ridley is the one who comes in?
Lizardon approves. :4charizard:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Well goodnight everyone. Lets hope nintendo throws a crazy illogical curveball tomorrow. This thread sure was illogical in the past few pages...
And we wouldn't have it any other way (please mashed potato samurai please announce the sack of rye direct that has ridley in it,

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
too much hype, people's brains would break and Nintendo would go bankrupt from all the lawsuits.
That's exactly the kind of hype Nintendo needs.

Well.....besides the "bankrupt" part. Seriously. Nintendo is slowly becoming less relevant when compared to Microsoft/Sony. I know Nintendo doesn't have a chance of "dying" ,but they need to catch back up and get to the point they were at when the Gamecube came out.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I haven't been on the thread in a while did I miss any leaks or rumors?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Sad thing is, he's not exactly wrong.

Me when Ridley is revealed:

"Yay! And now to never main him. Imma try Mega Man!"
Me when Ridley is revealed:
"In your face Shokio, now back to Ice Climbers."

D

Deleted member

I haven't been on the thread in a while did I miss any leaks or rumors?
No.

You just missed some more discussion about Ridley's genitalia, which went a little "far" some would say (I totally didn't have anything to do with it at all, by the way).

Also @AndreaAC had a little bit of a nervous breakdown, but she's all better now, I think.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
people are trying to tell me on wiidude83's video that ridley wont be in because if he were, who would play as him and that people who say they will will just play as him once and never again...just...

Edit: i told him that there are people who are really good with characters with hard controls...he tells me im not proving anything...you know what..im done replying to this guy..
Edit Edit: bless the heavens, wiidude83 has liked my comments

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly DO expect a Smash trailer at the end of this direct. Do you think I'm being too hopeful, though?
I expect a Smash trailer as well, but unfortunately, I do not see Ridley in the stars. I believe that the reveal is going to be more pertinent to Legend of Zelda given the context.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Rumor has it Ridley is going to be revealed tomorrow as there is a Nintendo Direct.
...Next you're gonna tell me that Metroid crawled.
Seriously, a Newcomer in a Hyrule Warriors Direct is 99.9% chance isn't gonna happen.
Best case scenario, we get Ganondorf IMO.

Top Bottom