• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So, Ridley will be part of shulk's final smash?
Yes. Although I have no clue why Metroid would crossover with Xenoblade in making a final smash that's similar to Robin's. :4robinf:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Does he get his butt kicked by Captain Falcon? Hey, this all sounds familiar...
That veteran will be Mewtwo, not Captain Falcon.:mewtwopm:

House is about as intimidating as Ridley, so I suppose it is possible. Not only that, but he seems to be of adequate size.
Final Smash: Whiteboard with a drawing of Ridley.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ah, I see my Mercury water power finally purified the souls of everyone (well, mostly) who drank from the splounge water. Never drink from the splounge again.

Back on topic, more cool variations of Roidley palette swaps.

Perhaps there should've been different colored tail bones too to further match the incarnations those palettes are based off of, but oh well.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I think we should be talking about which characters will make an appearance in Ridley's trailer.

Who do I think will appear? :4mario:, :4bowser:, :4falcon:, :4samus:, :4robinf:, :4charizard:, :4littlemac:, :4zss:, and :4lucario:.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I think we should be talking about which characters will make an appearance in Ridley's trailer.

Who do I think will appear? :4mario:, :4bowser:, :4falcon:, :4samus:, :4robinf:, :4charizard:, :4littlemac:, :4zss:, and :4lucario:.
Mewtwo. :mewtwopm:....

Or Gannondorf.:ganondorf:

In reality. ANYBODY could be in this trailer. As I mentioned before, we got Captain Falcon in the Fire Emblem trailer. Don't expect anyone. Don't even expect Samus.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

Samus easily. I have no idea about the rest...But then, a mysterious figure appears out of the shadows! :mewtwopm:

Morbi

Scavenger

Kirby and only Kirby. A Star Warrior to defeat the giant purple space dragon. I would not be surprised to see an Anthony Higgs cameo either.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
No, you'll get it today! "becomes shulks final smash"
but when shulk uses his final smash, ridley swoops in, eats shulk alive, and becomes the playable character instead, being one huge blow to all the shulk fans.

shulk is erased from the roster and ridley replaces him. :chuckle:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Kirby and only Kirby. A Star Warrior to defeat the giant purple space dragon. I would not be surprised to see an Anthony Higgs cameo either.
Actually. Now that you mention Kirby. I can see Meta Knight being in this trailer. Imagine an all-out air battle between Meta Knight and Ridley.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

For me, ideally the trailer would have:

:4mario:, :4bowser:, :4samus:, [Ridley] , :4link:, :ganondorf:, :4pikachu:, :mewtwopm:, :4kirby:, :4dedede:, :wario:, :4pit:.

Heroes vs Villains. Pit is against Wario as there's no Kid Icarus villain (yet?).

However, if it was a trailer that included mocking the size debate:

:4samus:, [Ridley] , :4olimar:, :4pikachu:, :4kirby:.

Ridley gets scaled down and gets compared to the smallest characters from the roster (and Samus) :troll:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Star Fox actually makes more sense than I thought (dem space animals); in fact, they could take this opportunity to reveal Falco or Wolf in addition to Ridley. That would be glorious. Fox and Wolf fighting for Ridley's bounty, anyone?
Fox and Falco, Wolf, AND Samus fighting over Ridley's bounty. And Ridley is just standing there....MENACINGLY.

Then Mewtwo stops the fighting and all sorts of badassery occurs.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Samus easily. I have no idea about the rest...But then, a mysterious figure appears out of the shadows! :mewtwopm:
When you said mysterious figure the first thing that came to my head was this

I don't care whose in Ridley trailer as long as it keeps you guessing for a little, unlike Palutena's trailer, that wasn't suspenseful at all.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I imagine either StarFox team and Samus entering some Pirate space station, and have Ridley ambush them during their raid, eventually unleashing plenty of shenanigans...

Or have Samus enter a room similar to the one you fought Ridley for the second time in Super Metroid, but have Ridley grab her and exit through the ceiling, burst into the surface, fly all the way to Battlefield where two other dudes are fighting, and impact Samus into the main platform.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
How about this:

:4samus:, :4zss:, [Ridley], :4link:, :4zelda:, :ganondorf:, :4pit:, :4palutena:.

All characters that made their debuts in 1986 :3

(Well, Ganon made his appearance then, not his Ganondorf form, but he could be in his Final Smash form in the trailer)

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
If there was a Meta Knight vs Ridley trailer, the hype would kill me. Only because I'd get to have my favorite nintendo character battle Spy... I mean Ridley.:troll: :metaknight::metaknight:

Last edited:

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
I'm still going on the Zoroark fake out thing that I mentioned quite a while back.
Ridley Other M appears on Pyrosphere to taunt Samus and Mario. Transforms into Zoroark and confirms him. Not that I support him though. Then during the trailer, boss footage is shown of our Ridley as well as N's Castle/Kalos Pokémon League gameplay, suddenly the Super Metroid Ridley shows up and is shocked by the imposter and joins the battle. 2 newcomers. No vets.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
How about this:

:4samus:, :4zss:, [Ridley], :4link:, :4zelda:, :ganondorf:, :4pit:, :4palutena:.

All characters that made their debuts in 1986 :3

(Well, Ganon made his appearance then, not his Ganondorf form, but he could be in his Final Smash form in the trailer)
I like this idea. Seems like a "Sakurai" thing to do. Then again...that's just what he wants you to think..

...What could be in that Master Ball?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The days have been flying by for me. Odd because I'm very excited. Usually when I'm hyped the days go by soooo slow. Well. I'm not complaining! Ridley pls. Sakurai pls. Confirm him..pls.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Brinstar Depths can still return on the Wii U, which would be preferable because HD Kraid would be so insanely awesome.

Meta Ridley would be a lousy boss since he's technically the same as the original Ridley, if we're going to have two Ridleys might aswell make the original one the playable version, and Rundas is a bit too small (lul) for the Smash standards. Flaahgra might be a bit immobile, but he can still work I guess. I mostly want Kraid personally, but Crocomire, Draygoon, Phantoon or Nightmare would also be awesome choices.

Parasite Queen -> Hive Totem -> Flamethrower thingy -> Flaahgra.

He's the fourth boss.
Mini bosses.... Yeah, I replied to this
Edit: I think most can agree k rool+ Ridley= the godliest trailer of all times

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Oh snap, I just remember Meta Knight has bat-like wings, Im now expecting some serious trolling with that :nervous:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I knew there was something strange about Sakurai´s cake....

Dem MS Paint skillz

WHEN WILL THIS TEASING END!!!!111

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
What do you guys want to talk about (that's still related to Ridley)?

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
First:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S86XCXalbSE I recreate that scene word for word and dance like him.

Then:
As soon as I saw that gif this came to mind...

Trying not to get too hyped up. Can't put my finger on why, but all of a sudden a 2nd direct seems more possible to me, maybe because it's 4am BST for the Hyrule Warriors one, so a big reveal like Ridley would be unfair for us Brits if it was then. Though saying that Pac-man was revealed behind closed doors and it wasn't until woke up and checked the Smash Bros. site I noticed he was added.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman

I Think- And Don't Quote me on this, but:

I Think Ridley might be in it

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So...
I was dozing off into space today.
And I pictured @AndreaAC 's version of Roidley...
but smaller
wearing a little Beanie hat
and on a Tricycle.
What'swrongwithme.

Top Bottom