• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
This is the detractor's paradise, my friend. It's in the title.
Yeah, but just yesterday, it was the most fun I had in a very long time, and there were no detractors! The rules are supposed to go against typical detractor behavior, as it disturbs the peace, right? Where's aldelaro5 when you need him...?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yeah, but just yesterday, it was the most fun I had in a very long time, and there were no detractors! The rules are supposed to go against typical detractor behavior, as it disturbs the peace, right? Where's aldelaro5 when you need him...?
>having fun in Ridley's thread

:substitute:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
... What the heck just happened here?

Did Dark Samus come here and brainwashed you all out of spite for becoming an Assist?
wHaT aRe yOu TaLkInG aBoUt InFiDeL

If I thought you were serious about his statement.

At this point were at endgame people, whoever thinks he's playable or a boss, I doubt I can change there minds so will just have to wait for the eventual news.
Pretty much. All left to do now is....nothing. And hope that the remaining PotD's don't casually kill our hype.

everyone drank the splounge water
This round is on me guys.

Morbi

Scavenger
Guys I hate Ridley, he's not even important to metroid. If he was a boss in brawl he's gonna be a boss again. Plus he's as big as f***ing Jupiter like jeez. Also he'd just be a clone of Charizard so stop.
If you feel that way, maybe you should leave his SUPPORT thread. Ridley is the prevalent main antagonist of Metroid and arguably the most prominent after Zero-Suit Samus. Stop adhering to confirmation bias. Ridley's role as a boss in Metroid (a series that is governed by its own merits) is irrelevant. Correlation does not imply causation. Lastly, Ridley is nowhere near the size of Jupiter. I am not sure if that was your feeble attempt at humor. But it is not funny. Ridley is inevitable, if you want to read up more on the subject, I might redirect you to the first and/or second posts of this thread. Have a good day and do not let the door hit you on the way out.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
... What the heck just happened here?

Did Dark Samus come here and brainwashed you all out of spite for becoming an Assist?
Don't be ridiculous.

If we were under Dark Samus's thrall, you'd be corrupted within a second.

We just realized how wrong we were for supporting Ridley.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
If you feel that way, maybe you should leave his SUPPORT thread. Ridley is the prevalent main antagonist of Metroid and arguably the most prominent after Zero-Suit Samus. Stop adhering to confirmation bias. Ridley's role as a boss in Metroid (a series that is governed by its own merits) is irrelevant. Correlation does not imply causation. Lastly, Ridley is nowhere near the size of Jupiter. I am not sure if that was your feeble attempt at humor. But it is not funny. Ridley is inevitable, if you want to read up more on the subject, I might redirect you to the first and/or second posts of this thread. Have a good day and do not let the door hit you on the way out.
Oh, to hell with you, missy.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
um
weren't you just one of the people being sarcastic about Ridley
would've thought you'd be able to recognize sarcasm

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Don't be ridiculous.

If we were under Dark Samus's thrall, you'd be corrupted within a second.

We just realized how wrong we were for supporting Ridley.
"Our struggles have ended. She has shown us the error of our ways. The way is now clear. All previous vows of fealty have been forsworn: we now pledge sole allegiance to our liberator, the great one, Dark Samus. We bear a singular honor, we lucky few, for we are her first disciples. Our burden is a happy one, for we will pave the way to her glorious victory and cosmic rule. Let the light of Phazon lead us!"

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
No fun allowed for old Poopmin :(

You got no style!

EDIT-----------------
Like legit I wanna know if you were serious.

Last edited:

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
We have entered Miiverse mode, please buckle your seat-belt and enjoy Ridley's Wild Ride!

(IT NEVER ENDS)

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Oh, to hell with you, missy.
Stop. I forgot to buy my pair of spare sides and you are wearing them down way too quickly.

EDIT
"Our struggles have ended. She has shown us the error of our ways. The way is now clear. All previous vows of fealty have been forsworn: we now pledge sole allegiance to our liberator, the great one, Dark Samus. We bear a singular honor, we lucky few, for we are her first disciples. Our burden is a happy one, for we will pave the way to her glorious victory and cosmic rule. Let the light of Phazon lead us!"
Oh. So that's what they put in the water. This explains a few things.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Oh my god. Ridley just confirmed as not a boss by Google translate:

And then I went to translate it back

So it generally went from "Ridley confirmed as 100% a stage boss" to "Ridley is 100 percent pretending to be a stage boss on the stage that was confirmed"

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Oh my god. Ridley just confirmed as not a boss by Google translate:

And then I went to translate it back

So it generally went from "Ridley confirmed as 100% a stage boss" to "Ridley is 100 percent pretending to be a stage boss"

GOOGLE IS GOD

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
um
weren't you just one of the people being sarcastic about Ridley
would've thought you'd be able to recognize sarcasm
I don't know if that was hardcore sarcasm, or an actually serious post. What makes me thinks it even begins to be serious is mine was the only comment that was argued against and they even unliked it. Unless this is super elaborate my brains tells me serious

EDIT---------------
Not to mention my little subtitle thing says outright "I like Ridley a lot :)"

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
I don't know if that was hardcore sarcasm, or an actually serious post. What makes me thinks it even begins to be serious is mine was the only comment that was argued against and they even unliked it. Unless this is super elaborate my brains tells me serious
I highly doubt she is being serious, she one of the few people here ballsy enough to say Ridley is 100% playable.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
But... but...

he's too big
Sakurai is on the side of the detractors, Phaazoid. Do not fear, we will prevail.

...eh, I think I'm done pretending to be a detractor.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
OK, are we still talking about Ridley? Because I think that Sakurai won't include him. Not because of size, but Sakurai just ignored people's requests for Chrom!

Edit: Even Lord Belch has a way higher chance...

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
OK, are we still talking about Ridley? Because I think that Sakurai won't include him. Not because of size, but Sakurai just ignored people's requests for Chrom!

Are you attempting to insinuate that Ridley is a blue-haired Lord?

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario

I don't really think he ignored it, I bet at one point in time he was in fact considered, but didn't make the cut for being a bit too generic, at least Lucina is female, and she was much more popular in japan.

So I don't think Ridley is affected by this at all

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Are you attempting to insinuate that Ridley is a blue-haired Lord?
Why are you even talking about this character?? This is not Jurassic Park we don't need any dragons. Besides, uhm.. didn't you watch the april direct? You Ridley people are using every evidence against Ridley in your favor.

Is it THAT hard to understand logic???

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Inb4 someone nominates Lord Belch for the RTC thread.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I don't really think he ignored it, I bet at one point in time he was in fact considered, but didn't make the cut for being a bit too generic, at least Lucina is female, and she was much more popular in japan.

So I don't think Ridley is affected by this at all
I mean like... you guys. Sakurai is really random. We even got Megaman who isn't even Nintendo! Oh and what about Pac-Man lol...

He doesn't even listen. I'm done arguing here.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Alright, back to the standard avatar, now with higher quality. It was fun shaking things up a bit though, but I've sworn to keep this avatar until we learn of Ridley's fate at least. After having it for over a year I've only grown to like it more and more though, so it's probably going to stick regardless even if it will see brief replacements, just had to vent my Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance hype a bit since I'm rounding it up tomorrow. Anyways, I'm off to bed now.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Log 02.308.2014
There have been reports that a number in our ranks had consumed the dangerous liquid substance code-named Splounge Water. The Science Team has already confirmed numerous times from their results that drinking it would cause numerous negative side effects. There is restlessness in our ranks, our troops are getting impatient and showing boredom. It is taking its toll, and the Galactic Federation will probably use this opportunity against us. Another foe that has been brought to our attention are the lifeforms known as Detractors, whom whilst weak will likely strike at us when our defences are down. High Command urges us to stay strong, no matter what the situation is. Commander Ridley has no use for weak troops.

Morbi

Scavenger
Already, back to the standard avatar, now with higher quality. It was fun shaking things up a bit though, but I've sworn to keep this avatar until we learn of Ridley's fate at least. After having it for over a year I've only grown to like it more and more though, so it's probably going to stick regardless even if it will see brief replacements. Anyways, I'm off to bed now.
I remember that your avatar was one of the first Ridley supporter avatars that I had seen way back when I was first lurking. It suits you well.

Oh yeah, and just so that you guys are aware, do not "troll" detract Ridley, you will get a troll warning, a minor infraction, and then another minor infraction for good measure. Justice has been served. I should not have even pretended to denounce our god and savior Ridley, I was punished accordingly. :awesome:

Last edited:
Top Bottom